Biggest Regret at WDW Restaurant...

amykay9377

All 3 of us are picky eaters, so we don't venture into restaurants that are overly fancy (the fancier the restaurant, the fewer choices we have), so I don't have a lot of regrets (unless I can regret having an eating disorder...)
Anyway, I regret ordering breadsticks at POR a few years ago... it was actually toasted rustic bread, hard as cement, and served with extremely-chunky spaghetti sauce. I physically couldn't eat neither the bread nor the sauce. What made it worse was that my DD also decided to get the breadsticks, so we were stuck with two orders of food we couldn't eat!
My other regret was, sadly, getting NE Clam Chowdah at Columbia Harbour House during the last 24-hour day. We ate around 9 or 10pm, so chances are the soup had been sitting around a while. It looked grey-ish, but I couldn't tell if it was actually grey or if it was because of the lighting. I ate about half of it. About an hour later, the Tummy Troubles began... it was not what I wanted, since I was trying to make it all 24 hours!

ETA - I remember another regret! Taking the Sci-Fi cheesecake to go, stuffing it in my backpack, forgetting about it and then riding RocknRollerCoaster! LOL

correcaminos

Chef Mickey's. The food was so awful and super greasy so I felt ill after. Too noisy as well with poor character interaction. I had to eat there with a group and so glad I haven't had to return again.

Marrakesh the last time I ate there. The food was so bland or too sweet to enjoy. It was a shell of its former self.

Hockey89

Living in Maine and having connections.... we get fresh lobsters right off the boat. We laugh whenever we see lobsters featured on menus anyplace else. Never going to taste the same, no way near as good as "real" lobsters.
Best Maine lobster I've ever had was at the French Laundry in Cal... Second best was in NYC.... The problem with Lobster is most places in New E simple over cook it... It's a shame bc it's such a great product that is ruined by most...

Pixieish

Best Maine lobster I've ever had was at the French Laundry in Cal... Second best was in NYC.... The problem with Lobster is most places in New E simple over cook it... It's a shame bc it's such a great product that is ruined by most...
Also, many don't change the water often enough, or put too much salt in.

Phonedave

I have had some disappointments with food in WDW, but I really don't have high expectations going in, so that seems to eliminate the real "regrets".

I almost never put down a restaruant based on one visity, buy Cape May Cafe was my only real regret and a place I will say is horrible based on one visit.

I have a review of it somewhere around here, if you search "Cape May Cafe" and "Marathon" and posted by me you will find it. Short story, damn near everything they served was garbage. And the service was poor as well. There were almost no redeeming qualitites about the meal I had there. I happen to love seafood, and this place was such a let down.

Edit: Here, I looked it up https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/marathon-food-report.684443/#post-4412987

-dave

Tallys Dad

I have had some disappointments with food in WDW, but I really don't have high expectations going in, so that seems to eliminate the real "regrets".

I almost never put down a restaruant based on one visity, buy Cape May Cafe was my only real regret and a place I will say is horrible based on one visit.

I have a review of it somewhere around here, if you search "Cape May Cafe" and "Marathon" and posted by me you will find it. Short story, damn near everything they served was garbage. And the service was poor as well. There were almost no redeeming qualitites about the meal I had there. I happen to love seafood, and this place was such a let down.

Edit: Here, I looked it up https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/marathon-food-report.684443/#post-4412987

-dave
I was just there in August and I thought the food was pretty good, that was my second time there.

Maybe it was a bad night there for food, see my previous comment on page 2, I ate about 150 of the steamed clams and around 25 of the snow crab clusters.

Sorry you had a bad meal at the price that goes with for eating at Cape May Cafe.

Raineman

Not closely inspecting what I was putting on my plate at Tusker House. It looked like chicken, but it was most definitely tofu-no thanks. The Cape Malay chicken curry with basmati rice was excellent, though.

WDW_Emily

Not informing CMs about my lactose intolerance! It's not an allergy so I never thought to bring it up. On the second to last day of our most recent trip, I was in line at one of the DHS ice cream stands talking to my friend about my options and I was wondering if the sorbet was lactose free. The CM overhead me and took out a huge binder with every ingredient in the food they served. The sorbet did have lactose in it but the CM was able to offer me Ice Cream made with almond milk! I wish I would have known Disney offered this sooner!

surfsupdon

I always regret eating the snacks at the Club Lounges in the afternoon. It's just sugared junk and empty carbs!!!! But I can't stop!!! I don't have access to that crap in real life, so at Disney when it's just lying out, I eat and I eat. It's terrible. Haha

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom