Trip Report How to lose 11 things in 10 days - September 2017

Its become some what of a joke, even though its not that funny, we lose things. Especially on vacation. Id like to say its mostly Billy but this trip it was obvious we are both too careless. We lost a total of 11 items over our 10 day trip :eek: So you could say there was some drama, we do have a happy ending though! ...well sort of.

Lets get this show on the road :p

Who: Ciara (ME) and Billy (Boyfriend of 4 years)
20D415A4-A22D-4854-AC55-6A7D29A6BE5E.jpg

Notice Billy's hat? Yeah, It was item #1 to go missing

What: 10 days of magical fun in WDW

When: September 13th-22nd 2017

Where: Stayed at Disney's Pop Century

Why: 4 year anniversary and WHY NOT?! ;)

I'm still gathering all my pictures... there are well over 1500 between camera, my phone and billy's phone but i will try to get the first couple post up by tonight

Last edited:

Ciara

Original Poster
September 14th 2017- Day 2, part 5

Billy could have ridden Everest again and again but even he was ready to relax and cool off. We waited awhile for a bus on the way back. When we arrived back at the hotel, we were feeling pretty hungry. We also had an early dinner coming up so… We shared something! We decided on the ranch chicken flatbread.

Photo Sep 14, 11 09 33 AM.jpg

Billy thought it was really good but it was a little too plain for my liking. We went down to the pool and literally just floated for about an hour. It was super relaxing and we both left feeling recharged. I was able to snag an FOP fastpass last minute and we really did not want to miss that so we hurried getting ready. We walked to the bus and again it was pulling up for us. We were getting so lucky this trip! Or so we thought… Once on the bus we sat and sat, not moving at all. There was a bus broke down blocking the exit. I started to think we would miss our fastpass. We would at least be cutting it very close! We hustle through the entrance and the front of the park making our way towards Pandora. Our fastpass was good until 5:25 and we entered Pandora at 4:55pm. I struggled not to take photos of everything around me.

2.jpg

There was so much to look at! It was visually stunning and much larger than I imagined. Everyone kept saying it was so small so I guess I pictured it smaller. We made it to the fastpass line in time and walked through the queue until we stopped here

3.jpg

Ciara

Original Poster
September 14th 2017- Day 2, part 6

The preshow is very odd. BUT OMG!! Flight of passage was the coolest thing I have ever experienced! And it’s quite long. I was completely blown away. I really felt like I was flying. I don’t even know how exactly to describe it because it was JUST THAT AMAZING. Billy and I agreed “We have to do that again”

When we exited the ride, we were late for dinner. Luckily, we were pretty close, and got there fast. Dinner was at Tusker house and we were very excited. We waited a short time to be sat and then immediately hit the buffet. This is now my favorite buffet in Walt Disney world solely because of the food. There were so many different choices and of course corn dog nuggets!!! :D

6.jpg

7.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

We were sat at an odd table and ended up being missed by every character beside daisy. We didn’t care though. Neither of us were feeling characters at that moment.

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

We had done the rivers of light dining package and received our tickets before we left. I picked up a rolling fastpass for Everest and we started heading that way when it started to rain.

susan lees

Its become some what of a joke, even though its not that funny, we lose things. Especially on vacation. Id like to say its mostly Billy but this trip it was obvious we are both too careless. We lost a total of 11 items over our 10 day trip :eek: So you could say there was some drama, we do have a happy ending though! ...well sort of.

Lets get this show on the road :p

Who: Ciara (ME) and Billy (Boyfriend of 4 years)
View attachment 232656
Notice Billy's hat? Yeah, It was item #1 to go missing

What: 10 days of magical fun in WDW

When: September 13th-22nd 2017

Where: Stayed at Disney's Pop Century

Why: 4 year anniversary and WHY NOT?! ;)

I'm still gathering all my pictures... there are well over 1500 between camera, my phone and billy's phone but i will try to get the first couple post up by tonight
Following along:)

krause

Not sure how I missed this one back when you started it, but I’m loving it so far and can’t wait to follow along now!

kaitertot5249

Loving your report so far! I love that you guys are just going with the flow, I've been telling myself that I need to do more of that when I'm in Disney, I just get so carried away with the planning.

Can't wait to read more!

Ciara

Original Poster
September 14th 2017- Day 2, part 7

It was barely raining but when we got to Everest it was down due to lighting in the area :( Hmmm... I thought, what’s inside? DINOSAUR! We hadn’t done dinosaur! We back tracked it to Dinoland and it was at a 10-minute wait. I always forget how fun this ride is. We enjoyed it so much we immediately got back in line and walked on. When we got back again to present time there was NO ONE in line. One couple left our time rover but us and another stayed on for a 3rd ride!

IMG_7645.PNG

It was down pouring when we finally exited. We stood inside for a while debating what to do. Being from Oregon we are used to the rain and the warm rain is even better. The weather app said the rain wasn’t stopping for a while and the Disney app was showing primeval whirl at 5 minutes so we made a run for it. Primeval was actually down too :confused:Just a glitch.

A wee bit wet
735 (2).jpg

735 (3).jpg

735.jpg

736.jpg

We stood under cover next to this guy and I found a hidden mickey!

749 (2).jpg

749.jpg

We were watching the Pandora ride wait times but even in a downpour, both were at 65 minutes.

732.png

We weren’t ready to call it a night so we hung out under cover for a while. Checking the app once more Navi river journey was now down to 10 minutes! We started seeing people making a run for it so we figured it was now or never. We made it to Navi river and it had gone up to 15 minutes which was still good with us.

802.jpg

I guess i thought these were cool
807.jpg

Ciara

Original Poster
September 14th 2017- Day 2, Finale

River journey was cool. There was a lot to look at and I would ride again with a short wait. The Animatronic at the end is indeed impressive and definitely the highlight of the ride. It finally stopped raining and Pandora was alive! We grabbed two green beers and walked around taking it all in.

822.jpg

I was drawn to the waterfalls and theses glowing guys.

818 (1).jpg

818 (2).jpg

818 (4).jpg

827.jpg

While hanging out in Pandora, Expedition Everest went back online. Rivers of light was also about to start. We thought about our options and decided to skip rivers of light in favor of multiple night rides on Everest. The thought of sitting in wet shorts for the rest of the evening was the big decider. We gave our tickets to a couple outside and ended up seeing a bit of the show from the top of the mountain. We rode Everest over and over until we were on the last train of the night.

845.jpg

IMG_7646.PNG

IMG_7647.PNG

IMG_7648.PNG

We left at park close with the masses and waited quite a while for a bus. When we arrived back to our hotel, we went down to the lobby to grab dessert and pick up our beer delivery. We originally had it arriving sooner but because of the hurricane it was delayed a day. I loaded up the fridge and Billy ate his dessert before calling it a night.

1017 (2).jpg

We were now fully stocked and ready for the rest of the trip!

Up next: Waterparks are finally open! and the lose of item #1

Last edited:

Ciara

Original Poster
September 15th 2017- Day 3, part 1

The next bit is text heavy because I did not bring my waterproof case to BB. Sorry!

We were excited for the water park and were ready by 10am. We stopped by the food court to grab a snack and decided on uncrustables.

1011.jpg

They were perfect for something quick! I ordered us an uber and it was sitting out front before we knew it. I hate that the buses aren’t direct anymore, such a pain! Who wants to go to Disney springs or Animal kingdom in their swimwear o_O Anyways! That’s why we uber.

We got to the park a little after open and grabbed a locker. Just another beautiful day!

1038 (2).jpg

1038.jpg

The lockers went up quite a bit in price since last time and we instantly regretted bringing our stuff. We sucked it up and got the locker anyway. Immediately, Billy wanted to tackle Summit Plummit. Both big slides were down last trip and he had been waiting two years for this day. He thought it was awesome! We took the stairs back to the top and rode team boat springs, my favorite ride in the park, so fun! When we exited, we saw the line at downhill double wasn’t as long as normal so we hopped in line for that next. We ended up waiting forever... Such a fun ride but the wait is ridiculous every time and it’s over in less than 30 seconds. At least it gave us some time to game plan the rest of the day. We ran back to our locker for our ID’s and then to the bar. We both got mixed drinks and they were just okay. Always too sweet for my liking!

1212.jpg

We sat at the bar to enjoy them, talking to the bartender, Jose. We learned his wife is from Seattle and chatted about the city. As we were sitting there the wave pool was calling to us.

1224.jpg

1225 (2).jpg

My sneaky pic of Jose, He was great!
1225.jpg

We said goodbye for now and stashed our stuff back in the locker. The wave pool was fun but not nearly as fun as the one at Typhoon. We didn’t stay in too long. Since the bar was right there when we got out, we grabbed another drink! We both stuck to our favorite beer, the jai alai IPA. We had one more beer before heading back to the slides. We rode the storm slide and toboggan racers once each. Then back to teamboat springs and summit plummet for one more ride. I was feeling pretty hungry and saw a chicken wrap on the menu that looked good so I grabbed one before we left. We ordered an Uber while eating. Suddenly I get a phone call from an unknown number, I answer and it’s our uber driver. He asks me if we are wet from the waterpark… Err… Yes? A little. He said he wouldn’t be able to pick us up and cancelled the ride. Well that was odd. We thought we may have to bus it but we tried uber one more time and the next driver didn’t care at all. We got back to the hotel about 4pm and got ready for dinner. We were both a little sun burnt which was a first for us! We normally never burn in Disney. The sun must have been a little stronger this time around.

Ciara

Original Poster
September 15th 2017- Day 3, part 2

We poured ourselves cups of beer/cider on our way out of the room and a bus was pulling up before we could even finish them!

Hello there
540.jpg

We were headed to HS for dinner at 50's prime time :inlove: Our bus drivers name was Paul and he was a star wars fan. He told us cheesy star wars jokes the whole way and it was great! "Did you know Darth vaders sister lives at the Hollywood hotel? Her name is ele-vator" We had a few fastpasses before dinner and headed straight for the first one. But not without photos first!

600.jpg

601.jpg

I cant help taking a photo of this every time i see it!

605.jpg

Our first Fastpass was for...

610.jpg

611.jpg

612.jpg

And again we got back stage passes! I don't know how we get so lucky :joyfull:

613.jpg

Ciara

Original Poster
September 15th 2017- Day 3, part 4

WE LOVE 50's prime time. Its a must do every trip!

716.jpg

See those red shoulders? :devilish:
721.jpg

The decor is my favorite

717.jpg

718.jpg

719.jpg

We both went with the sampler and it was excellent.

723.jpg

Dinner as a whole was really great but also very fast. Our food came fast, we ate fast, we left fast. No complaints! We were ready to hit more rides

Our last fastpass for the evening was for Star tours. We got all new scenes and i was the rebel spy! It was a fun time. The wait time for toy story was reasonable and we were eager to ride again so that's where we headed next. I didn't note it so i cant be certain but i believe i won. It was a close game!

836.jpg

I was able to grab a fourth fastpass. It was on the other side of the park of course!

Hello again!
843.jpg

Ciara

Original Poster
September 15th 2017- Day 3, part 4

We were ready to rock :joyfull:

844.jpg

845.jpg

I immediately grabbed us a 5th fastpass and again, it was right next door!

859.jpg

900.jpg

When we got off the park was closed. We watch the star wars fireworks as we exited. We wanted to go to Disney Springs so we could shop for a couple things so we got in the longest. bus. line. ever. Seriously it took 3-4 buses before we were able to get on. Eventually we arrived. This was our first time seeing the completed springs and wow! It was different. I could barely navigate the place. I really like the new look, feels updated and modern.

953.jpg

954.jpg

955.jpg

957.jpg

958.jpg

We waited so long for the bus, we barely felt like shopping anymore. We browsed a couple shops. Bought souvenirs from world of Disney and a bath bomb at Basin. I forgot where the bus was and we ended up at the old bus stop. Being lazy, we ordered an uber instead of walking back and waiting for a bus. After a long day we were fast asleep.

Up next: Wait, where is my hat?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom