Trip Report How to lose 11 things in 10 days - September 2017

Its become some what of a joke, even though its not that funny, we lose things. Especially on vacation. Id like to say its mostly Billy but this trip it was obvious we are both too careless. We lost a total of 11 items over our 10 day trip :eek: So you could say there was some drama, we do have a happy ending though! ...well sort of.

Lets get this show on the road :p

Who: Ciara (ME) and Billy (Boyfriend of 4 years)
20D415A4-A22D-4854-AC55-6A7D29A6BE5E.jpg

Notice Billy's hat? Yeah, It was item #1 to go missing

What: 10 days of magical fun in WDW

When: September 13th-22nd 2017

Where: Stayed at Disney's Pop Century

Why: 4 year anniversary and WHY NOT?! ;)

I'm still gathering all my pictures... there are well over 1500 between camera, my phone and billy's phone but i will try to get the first couple post up by tonight

Last edited:

Ciara

Original Poster
September 13th 2017- Day 1, part 4

Alright where were we...

We left Olaf and had a fastpass for star tours that just started. Walking up to the entrance, the stand-by line was at 5 minutes. Without even thinking we walked into the standby line and pretty much walked on.

Photo Sep 13, 12 24 37 PM.jpg

I was a bit nervous to ride this because the last trip i got terrible motion sickness. My motion sickness in general has been a lot better in the last two years so i was hopeful. We rode and guess what? No sickness :joyfull: I am fairly certain we got all old scenes. After Star tours it was time for another beer, a real one. So we headed to Tune-In lounge. We both were enjoying this pace in the parks. Ride then beer ride then beer. And no waits! It was great.

Photo Sep 13, 12 46 04 PM.jpg

Photo Sep 13, 12 46 08 PM.jpg

Photo Sep 13, 12 46 12 PM.jpg

I love all of the detail on the top half of the buildings in HS. I could live in this house! Especially with this inside...

Photo Sep 13, 12 48 29 PM.jpg

Photo Sep 13, 12 48 41 PM.jpg

Photo Sep 13, 12 48 44 PM.jpg

We both got the same thing. Jai Alai IPA. This became our favorite beer of the trip!

Photo Sep 13, 12 49 42 PM.jpg

Photo Sep 13, 12 49 49 PM - Copy.jpg

Our bartender, David, was wonderful. He chatted with us for awhile about Star tours, the new constriction and the parks. He really loved everything about Disney, including working there. He asked about which scenes we got on Star tours and told us we just had to ride again so we could get different scenes. He was just so great, we could have stayed all day!

We had plans to head to Epcot soon and had just found out the boats weren't running. We discussed walking but it was hot, like real hot, so we asked David for advice. He said the walk was only about 15 minutes and by far faster than any other way. I was sure the walk was more like 30 minutes but we decided to go for it! As we were finishing up our beers, i hopped on the app to make us a 4th fastpass at Epcot. But wait! We had never used our 3rd. This is when we realized we walked into the standby line instead of using our star tours fastpass. We had only a couple minutes left to use it so we said our goodbyes, paid our bill and hoofed it back to star tours for another ride. Again no motion sickness! We got two of the same scenes as the last ride and one new scene, it had BB-8 in it :D

Next: Hmmm maybe more beers

Ciara

Original Poster
September 13th 2017- Day 1, part 5

We popped into a couple gift shops looking for locking pins backs. I had pins on my purse and was worried they would fall off. Once i made my purchase we found a shady bench along echo lake so i could secure everything. There was a beverage stand across from us and knowing we had a long walk, we decided to share another beer. Best choice was Blue Moon. I have to say i love that beer on a hot day, very refreshing!

r4.jpg

r5.jpg

r6.jpg

Details i have never noticed. Footprints walking into the lake!
r.jpg

r1.jpg

r2.jpg

r3.jpg

We sat here for awhile enjoying our beer. When we finally felt like leaving, Billy said he needed coffee. We went to Starbucks and he got an iced coffee. I took the opportunity to get free water in a cute cup. Spelled my name wrong :confused:

Photo Sep 13, 2 01 45 PM.jpg

Next: A sad day for Florida trees

Ciara

Original Poster
September 13th 2017- Day 1, part 6

It was a beautiful day for a walk!
Photo Sep 13, 2 08 46 PM.jpg

It wasn't hard to notice the damage of Irma. Minor flooding, broken lamps and A LOT of down trees.

Photo Sep 13, 2 12 48 PM.jpg

Photo Sep 13, 2 12 49 PM.jpg

Photo Sep 13, 2 13 09 PM (1).jpg

Photo Sep 13, 2 13 09 PM.jpg

Photo Sep 13, 2 13 10 PM.jpg

The Boardwalk was looking beautiful as ever!

Photo Sep 13, 2 23 39 PM.jpg

Photo Sep 13, 2 23 44 PM.jpg

Photo Sep 13, 2 23 47 PM.jpg

Photo Sep 13, 2 23 58 PM.jpg

Next: Hard not to be hungry when there is ALL THIS fOOD!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
It was a beautiful day for a walk!
Glad you guys got to experience the walk from HS to Boardwalk/Epcot. It is a peaceful walk even on a hot day. Lots of animals to see along the way and I like to wave at the boats as the pass by.

You and Billy are definitely #DDTRW (Doing Disney The Right Way) with a perfect balance of beer/attractions. Bravo!

Ciara

Original Poster
September 13th 2017- Day 1, part 7

This photo did not fit in my last post
Photo Sep 13, 2 24 42 PM.jpg

We choose to walk the boardwalk side because it was nice and shady. This trip was just as hot as the last if not hotter but i feel like we were able to cool off easily in the shade, misters or A/C. Maybe we are just getting used to the heat or getting better at slowing down!

We got to the international gateway about 5:30pm hangry and on a mission to find a meal to share. We had dinner reservations at 8 and wanted to make sure we would still be hungry but we had to eat something. We tried to resist the F & W booths on our way around the world, but alas the temptation was too strong. We stopped at Canada and got the filet. Billy just about died. It was amazing! I feel like we may have gotten one and then Billy got another to himself.

Photo Sep 13, 2 48 07 PM.jpg

Next we hit Australia for some Shrimp. I ate all the shrimp before i took the photo. Opps! Also soo good

Photo Sep 13, 2 54 16 PM.jpg

I could help but stop at one more booth before we continued on. Caribbean booth for the mojo pork. I didn't enjoy the pickled onions but the meat was very tender and flavorful.

Photo Sep 13, 2 54 14 PM.jpg

After our small taste around the world we decided on Tacos in Mexico to share. And we had a nice view! Around this time i noticed on Instagram @blgauger was in the park and wrote her! She was gone by the time i wrote her, just missed her :(

Photo Sep 13, 3 08 18 PM.jpg

Photo Sep 13, 3 16 42 PM.jpg

Photo Sep 13, 3 16 44 PM (1).jpg

A nice stroll through the temple was in order

Photo Sep 13, 3 19 11 PM.jpg

And when in Mexico...

We probably didn't need these but the line was non existent, so hard to resist ;)

Photo Sep 13, 3 28 44 PM.jpg

We took a long walk around future world taking plenty of time to finish these

Obsessed with this photo because MONORAIL
Photo Sep 13, 3 32 57 PM.jpg

Next: One last ride and Dinner :p

Last edited:

Ciara

Original Poster
September 13th 2017- Day 1, part 8

Those margaritas were strong! We took about an hour to finish them while we walked around future world, sat on some ledges talking. It was a nice evening and we felt like we had done a lot, so just sitting was really nice. That was the nicest thing about this trip. We never felt like WE HAD to go here or there. If we wanted to cool, if not, maybe next time. No need to hurry or rush or be stressed about "missing out"

We had a rolling Fastpass for Soarin but we didn't need it. We used it anyway.

Photo Sep 13, 4 07 17 PM.jpg

We got glider B and i was pumped! First ride on new Soarin. Well i kinda hated it... It felt fake? I don't know i just enjoyed the old one a lot more. I feel like it was more interactive with the golf ball flying and the people in the scenes, and then the end the fireworks were powerful and now they are meh. Billy said it was cool but agreed the old one was better, at least to us. Since there was no wait we thought we would ride again, give it a second chance. I did think it was a lot better the 2nd time. I noticed more details in the scenes. Like the stingrays in the island scene. I recommend looking around rather than straight on, made it much more interesting!

After our double dose of Soarin it was time for a real meal. We had an ADR for Spice road table, excited for something new! We got a nice table on the patio and our waiter was very sweet.
Photo Sep 13, 5 08 15 PM.jpg

Photo Sep 13, 5 08 20 PM.jpg

Photo Sep 13, 5 08 26 PM.jpg

I was tapped out but Billy had room for another beer. The choices were unusual due to our location and he went with something pretty safe

Photo Sep 13, 5 28 44 PM.jpg

I think it was good? For dinner i ordered the chicken and billy got the steak

Photo Sep 13, 5 31 54 PM.jpg

Photo Sep 13, 5 31 58 PM.jpg

Billys whole meal was really good but my meal was just okay. The sauce was good but the chicken was kinda meh. I debated between this and the skewers and i wish i choose the skewers. About the time we ordered desert, Illuminations was getting ready to begin. The restaurant was pretty empty so we didn't feel bad about taking our time.

I got the baklava and Billy got the chocolate pyramid. Again his was really good and mine was meh. My order choices were just off that night.

Photo Sep 13, 6 04 37 PM.jpg

Photo Sep 13, 6 04 32 PM.jpg

I didn't take any photo of the fireworks. We just enjoyed them this time.

Next: Goodnight Epcot

Last edited:

prfctlyximprct

September 13th 2017- Day 1, part 8

Those margaritas were strong! We took about an hour to finish them while we walked around future world, sat on some ledges talking. It was a nice evening and we felt like we had done a lot, so just sitting was really nice. That was the nicest thing about this trip. We never felt like WE HAD to go here or there. If we wanted to cool, if not, maybe next time. No need to hurry or rush or be stressed about "missing out"
We had a rolling Fastpass for Soarin but we didn't need it. We used it anyway.

View attachment 236301

We got glider B and i was pumped! First ride on new Soarin. Well i kinda hated it... It felt fake? I don't know i just enjoyed the old one a lot more. I feel like it was more interactive with the golf ball flying and the people in the scenes, and then the end the fireworks were powerful and now they are meh. Billy said it was cool but agreed the old one was better, at least to us. Since there was no wait we thought we would ride again, give it a second chance. I did think it was a lot better the 2nd time. I noticed more details in the scenes. Like the stingrays in the island scene. I recommend looking around rather than straight on, made it much more interesting!

I miss old Soarin too :( :(

I feel like they never rode it and saw how distorted everything looks before releasing it to the public. I miss you Soarin Over California!

Last edited:

Ciara

Original Poster
September 13th 2017- Day 1, Finale

We took our time getting to the bus. Epcot is so pretty at night.

Photo Sep 13, 6 26 03 PM.jpg

Photo Sep 13, 6 26 51 PM.jpg

Photo Sep 13, 6 32 16 PM.jpg

Photo Sep 13, 6 33 12 PM.jpg

Photo Sep 13, 6 33 27 PM.jpg

Will these ever stop being cool? I hope not
Photo Sep 13, 6 35 12 PM.jpg

Photo Sep 13, 6 35 16 PM.jpg

Photo Sep 13, 6 35 13 PM.jpg

Photo Sep 13, 6 36 41 PM.jpg

Goodnight Epcot :inlove:

We got back to the hotel around 10. Since i didn't love dinner, i was still pretty hungry. I convinced Billy to split a pulled pork sandwich with me and he ended up eating most of it. I didn't take a photo, probably because it was my second dinner :rolleyes: We wanted to sleep in a little so i moved our Safari FP to 10ish, took some notes and it was off to sleep.

Ciara

Original Poster
I miss old Soarin too :( :(

I feel like they never rode it and saw how distorted everything looks before releasing it to the public. I miss you Soarin I’ve California!

Maybe i am sentimental but i just loved the old one so much! and the new one just isn't the same :(

I feel like the old version was more real and immersive. I always felt like i could reach down and touch the kayakers and you could hear them having fun. And when the fireworks exploded in the old one you really felt it and now its more subtle. I feel like the new one your just looking at things rather than really feeling like your there:(:(

Ciara

Original Poster
Glad you guys got to experience the walk from HS to Boardwalk/Epcot. It is a peaceful walk even on a hot day. Lots of animals to see along the way and I like to wave at the boats as the pass by.

You and Billy are definitely #DDTRW (Doing Disney The Right Way) with a perfect balance of beer/attractions. Bravo!

I am glad we did too, I would definitely walk again. We saw some ducks and a weird bird but i guess i didn't take photos of them!

I think we would really enjoy it if it were a little cooler and included a beer :p

Ciara

Original Poster
This is making me excited for our stay there :) I hope we get one of those rooms too

When is your trip? They have 80's and 90's done. They were getting close to done on the 70's when we were there. I would request one of those areas and you will probably get a new room :D

Lyssa

When is your trip? They have 80's and 90's done. They were getting close to done on the 70's when we were there. I would request one of those areas and you will probably get a new room :D

Our trip is in January and I did recommend an 80s room, hopefully it'll happen ;)

Ciara

Original Poster
Life and work have just been crazy but back to the TR! Hopefully I took good notes…

September 14th 2017- Day 2, part 1

We were going to rope drop Pandora but ultimately decided to sleep in. We woke up about 8am still SO tired but wanting to start the day. I moved our first fastpass down a bit and we slowly got out of bed. Billy volunteered for coffee duty while I got ready. I was eager to get to the park but Billy was borderline Hangry so a stop by the food court was in order first. I was kind of hungry too and suggested we should share a bounty platter. He was skeptical that it would be enough food for BOTH of us but it was :joyfull:

1.jpg

2.jpg

I don’t really eat eggs so he had all of those and we split the rest. This opened his eyes to the idea of sharing meals. We walked outside and immediately our bus pulled up. Animal Kingdom here we come!

We arrived at exactly 10am. Took a couple photos on our way in.
3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

It was another beautiful day! There were long lines for the photopass so we didn’t stop. We walked straight through Dinoland to Asia. We were dying to see our friend the yeti. We walked onto Everest 3 times? Maybe once more. That’s the great thing about Pandora, short waits for Everest! We never experienced anything more than 10 mins that whole day. Our first fastpass window was about to open so we started the long walk from Asia to Africa. Billy decided it was time for his first beer. I was too hot and was sticking to water for now. We stopped by Dawa bar and I told him about the golden monkey.

7.jpg

He tried it and he didn’t love it. He of course finished it anyway. Then we got in line for our safari!

Ciara

Original Poster
September 14th 2017- Day 2, part 3

We saw tons of giraffe, some really close! Hippos and Rhinos. No lions, but that was expected. It was about 11:30 when we made our way through so they were probably snoozin. The baby elephant playing was the best part!

IMG_2505.JPG

IMG_2507.JPG

IMG_2508.JPG

IMG_2509.JPG

IMG_2510.JPG

IMG_2511.JPG

IMG_2512.JPG

IMG_2513.JPG

IMG_2514.JPG

IMG_2515.JPG

There was the cutest little girl behind us and she kept repeating all the animal facts with such enthusiasm it was like hearing them the first time, it was adorable, and made our safari even better. Did you know a group of flamingos is called a pat? :joyfull:

Ciara

Original Poster
September 14th 2017- Day 2, part 4

We had time to kill before our next fastpass so we went back to Dawa bar and both got a beer. The same bartender was there and joked with me about how NOW I was ready for a beer but earlier I wasn’t. Billy was about to order an IPA until the bartender told him the golden monkey was 9.5% and that swayed his choice. I got my favorite, Safari Amber and Billy got another golden monkey. I guess it wasn’t so bad after all.

Hi flick!
Photo Sep 14, 9 01 43 AM.jpg

We walked thru a trail, I didn’t note which one but it had these fish

Photo Sep 14, 9 07 13 AM.jpg

We were heading toward Bugs life and a photopass photographer was looking lonely so we thought we would stop for some photos. He kindly took these on my phone.

8.jpg

9.jpg

We watched bugs life and i even let them sting me! Only because it was a bet with Billy that i wouldn't. That show terrified me when i was young and there are some things you just never really get over, this is one :confused:

Photo Sep 14, 9 25 47 AM.jpg

Our next fastpass was for Kali river but it was down. We decided on one more ride on Everest before taking a break back at the hotel. We weren't in any hurry and took lots of photos on the way

Photo Sep 14, 9 50 20 AM.jpg

Photo Sep 14, 9 50 25 AM.jpg

Photo Sep 14, 9 50 36 AM.jpg

Photo Sep 14, 9 56 03 AM.jpg

It never gets old!

Photo Sep 17, 10 42 46 AM.jpg

Stacey LeDuc

Sounds like a great start so far...holding my breath for the beginning of losses for your stuff. can’t wait for the rest.
We are also going to try and do more sharing on our next trip. It just makes sense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom