Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

No Name

That's unfortunate. I can't imagine three will keep the load/unload full at all times for maximum capacity. But I can imagine four would.

EricsBiscuit

There's probably a break run right before unload as well. In theory that could mean 4 trains, but one of bioreconstruct's aerials only showed 3 spots for trains in the maintenance area. Is it normal to have one spot for each train or one less than the total?
Rumored ride length is 1:30. Not a hundred percent sure on operating procedure, but if you use monorail as precedent, you can leave trains at the station overnight.

No Name

It's a quick ride. One going, one at load and one at unload.
I agree it's quick but quick enough? We'll see.

Follow my mathz. It should theoretically take no more than 48 seconds to load. RnRC (24 per train) dispatches around every 48 seconds. SDMT (20 per train) is supposed to be around 48 seconds too. So let's say Slinky (18 per train) aims to dispatch every 48 seconds. To fully utilize it's capacity with three trains, that means the ride itself is only, at most, a little over a minute. That's not a lot of time. So Momma is either going to need to be very quick with her camera at that second launch, or the ride could use a fourth train. And if the dispatch time is higher, the capacity is lower. That might be confusing, let me summarize:

With three trains, capacity will SUCK! I estimate a little over a thousand an hour. SAD!

Last edited:

EricsBiscuit

I think they'll have 4 and just rotate one train at the station each night. The maintenance bays could also be 2 deep and we could have 6 but I highly highly doubt that (all speculation)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I think they'll have 4 and just rotate one train at the station each night. The maintenance bays could also be 2 deep and we could have 6 but I highly highly doubt that (all speculation)

One of the recent aerials shows the full train right next to the maintenance building and it does look like they could go two deep with the trains on each track, although I do agree that there probably won't be 6.

Movielover

They are also likely to have at least one spare train.

Or at least a spare coil...

100-Slinky-Image.jpg

;)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
One of the recent aerials shows the full train right next to the maintenance building and it does look like they could go two deep with the trains on each track, although I do agree that there probably won't be 6.
I believe - but haven't confirmed - there is room in the garage for five trains.

I'm not saying there will be five.

cjkeating

There's probably a break run right before unload as well. In theory that could mean 4 trains, but one of bioreconstruct's aerials only showed 3 spots for trains in the maintenance area. Is it normal to have one spot for each train or one less than the total?

Blue Fire at Europa Park (a Mack launched coaster) has three visible bays but five trains. From looking on Google Maps it appears two bays are double length, if not the station has enough space for two trains to be stored inside.

I would be surprised if SDD doesn't have four trains in operation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom