Changes to private dining hours at Walt Disney World Resort hotels

TrojanUSC

People shouldn’t eat late at night anyway, not good for you. I’m guessing no one was using it between 12-6 anyway so no big loss.

What a ridiculous statement. Who are you to judge when people are hungry? Can't tell you how many times I've gotten to a hotel late at night after a long flight and been very happy room service was available for a quick bite.

This is another example of something that other "deluxe" hotels around the world offer as part of a standard level of service but Disney has chosen they don't want to compete in this market. It's been a continuous slide for 15 years. Very unfortunate.

wdwfan22

What a ridiculous statement. Who are you to judge when people are hungry? Can't tell you how many times I've gotten to a hotel late at night after a long flight and been very happy room service was available for a quick bite.

This is another example of something that other "deluxe" hotels around the world offer as part of a standard level of service but Disney has chosen they don't want to compete in this market. It's been a continuous slide for 15 years. Very unfortunate.

I've stayed in both Ritz Carlton's and Four Seasons that have only offered the over night menu until 2:00 am. So again I don't see this as a drastic change.

TrojanUSC

I've stayed in both Ritz Carlton's and Four Seasons that have only offered the over night menu until 2:00 am. So again I don't see this as a drastic change.

I've stayed at nearly two dozen Four Seasons and Ritz Carltons and have seen limited menus past a certain hour, but never a full closure of room service. Also, 2-3am I can see as somewhat reasonable, but most of the hotels are stopping all services at midnight. One of the perks at staying at a high-end hotel is room service. Can't tell you how many times we've enjoyed coming back after a long day at the parks or an evening magic hour at 12:30 and ordering a snack.

trampdog

I agree . Even if your not eating late at night we enjoyed getting room service because we were thirsty and wanted ice and glasses delivered

Really? Because taking the glasses in the room down to the ice machine was a big hassle? You must have quite a disposable income to order room service for a glass of ice.

Personally, I have never used in-room dining for anything late-night. Eating that late does nothing but keep me awake, because your body is trying to digest it.

Also, I'm for anything at Disney that keeps fat people from getting fatter and using more scooters.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Also, I'm for anything at Disney that keeps fat people from getting fatter and using more scooters.
icon_e_popcorn.gif

rob0519

Years ago the CR had a 24 Quick Serve that was great when we got back from the park after Midnight. Then several years ago, when the remodel turned the lobby into a Hyatt look-a-like service stopped at midnight. Five hundred + a night and all that is available are a few vending machines that don't always work. Not my idea of a Deluxe resort.

This may be a precursor to the parks always closing before midnight. Say what you will, but any reduction in service is nothing but a cost cutting move on management's part which degrades the value of the high prices to the customer.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Waldorf Astoria Resorts do full 24 hours usually (we stay at the one in New Orleans often) and depends on what cities some Of the chains mentioned offer full 24 hours on our travels. (Limited menu usually after 12am) Greatly varies. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom