The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Looks delicious! Assuming it was mock mac ‘n cheese. ;) I never tried seitan before. I tried making it once, but it did not turn out well. :oops:

The place is 100% vegan, but, whatever kinda' "mac 'n' cheese" it was it was delicious...!
I don't ever even remember hearing of seitan before Friday night, but, I still can't believe how delicious that sandwich was :hungry:, and I didn't feel like a bloated hog after downing it...!!! :in pain: :hilarious: ;)

Hope you try to make the seitan again, and it turns out well next time...! :)

donaldtoo

That does sound awesome! Didn’t know a gyroplane could go that high. Glad youhad an amazing day and shared some pics. :)

That was a very sad day.

Thanks!!! :)
Actually, the manufacturer recommended maximum service ceiling on the Magni M16 I've flown in both times is 11,500 ft.
But, the world gyroplane altitude record of 27,556 ft. was set by an Italian woman named Donatella Ricci on Nov. 8th, 2015, also in a Magni M16...!!!!! :)

And, yes, I have always been a big John Denver fan, so it was, indeed, a sad day. :(
As a result of last night's conversation, I pulled up the NTSB report on the accident...

https://www.ntsb.gov/news/press-rel...le_Diverting_His_Attention_During_Flight.aspx

donaldtoo

What an exciting birthday present!!! :jawdrop: :happy: Your family "gets it" -- no shirt and tie for dad--no, let's send him on another THRILLING gyroplane ride, and let's "plus" it up to an hour!!! :joyfull: :joyfull: :joyfull: :joyfull:

May i congratulate you on your very first landing, too!! :cool: :cool: AMAZING!! WOO HOO!!!!!!

(P.S.: I was stunned about the tiny airstrip between the two houses--I was used to the usual runways at an airport. Those gyroplanes are just too much fun! And--touching a clould?! Any airplanes I've flown in, large or small, were all closed tight--no finger-tipping the clouds!)

Thanks so very much, Minnie!!! :)
I do, indeed, have an amazing family that "gets it/me"!!!!!!! :happy: ;)

Thanks for the congrats!!! :) I did the landing on the second-to-last circuit, and both the takeoff and landing on the last circuit...absolutely THRILLING...!!!!!!! :joyfull:

There seem to be more of those "air park" neighborhoods in the Central Texas area than I was aware of...sooo cool...!!!!! :)
And yes, the cloud touching at 5,000 ft. was truly amazing!!!!! :happy:
As much as I know how you like flying also, l know you will never turn down a chance to go up in one. They continue to become more and more popular. I hope you get the thrill of going up in one sometime in the near future...it's far more thrilling than any and every "thrill ride" I've ever been on at any amusement/theme park Xs ten...!!!!!!! :joyfull: :)

MySmallWorldof4

Thanks!!! :)
Actually, the manufacturer recommended maximum service ceiling on the Magni M16 I've flown in both times is 11,500 ft.
But, the world gyroplane altitude record of 27,556 ft. was set by an Italian woman named Donatella Ricci on Nov. 8th, 2015, also in a Magni M16...!!!!! :)

And, yes, I have always been a big John Denver fan, so it was, indeed, a sad day. :(
As a result of last night's conversation, I pulled up the NTSB report on the accident...

https://www.ntsb.gov/news/press-rel...le_Diverting_His_Attention_During_Flight.aspx
Wow! Unbelievable.

donaldtoo

Oh my . . . spicy chicken on pancakes --that must be a Texas thing?! :jawdrop: I only like my pancakes sweet, with maple syrup and some butter. I guess DD must have grown up eating spicy food, so that's why she likes it now.

That was actually DSs dish! ;)
It was fried, sliced chicken breast with a maple-Buffalo sauce, so Spicey-sweet!!! :)
But it also had butter, a light sprinkling of powdered sugar, and he added more maple syrup to it. He insisted I have a coupla' bites, and I assure you, it was indeed a spicey-sweet smackdown...!!!!!!! :joyfull: :hungry: :happy: :)

donaldtoo

I'm so very happy for you, clear skies and smooth flight:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

Thanks, Figgy!!! :)
It was actually pretty windy, but, modern gyroplanes are actually, inherently, very stable in such conditions.
Absolutely, don't mean to sound preachy, at all, just educative. I've done so much research since my first flight on Father's Day...I probably need to go join a gyroplane/gyrocopter/autogyro
site, too...!!!!!!!!!!! :hilarious: ;) :)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Nope, nope nope.

I feeling like I'm a 2 year old, I just want to touch that fur and squish it like a stress ball.

The Chicago Watertower has these so cool waterfall light towers that appear to be glass but is actually running water on each side of the escalators. I have to restrain myself from touching these and making the water splash. I told my DD a few weeks ago I felt like I am 2 again as I resisted. Now I just want to feel that odd fur. It screams Do Not Touch.

illinois-chicago-people-riding-escalators-in-water-tower-place-mall-at14hj.jpg

Songbird76

I agree, I'm surprised WDW decided to suddenly not have Marie doing meet and greets once she got replaced by Stitch. They should had moved her back to the France Pavilion in Epcot since that's more fitting for her. Maybe they could finally bring her brothers to WDW someday if that ever happens.
Actually, I expect Remy to show up in France once they add the Ratatouille ride. I think a lot of those older movie characters will go the way of the dodo bird. We couldn't find any lady and the tramp stuff in DLP and it was even difficult in WDW in 2016 when we went...it's just not as popular now. Instead it's the princesses and Starwars.

Songbird76

I know, late as heck again, but, that was an awesome idea!!! :)
Proper discretion, of course, but what little girl would turn down free lovingly-made ;) Minnie ears...!!!!! :joyfull: :)
More than you would expect, actually. We had a hard time finding girls who would take them. I think probably it was more an issue of "Why are these strange people giving these away....what do they want from me?" than anything. And we were careful to ask the parents to make sure it was ok, but we managed to give them away in the end. The first girl was so sweet...her eyes lit up and she was obviously so excited. We tried to pick out girls who weren't wearing those 70 euro princess dresses...we wanted to give them to girls who didn't already have a souvenir and who didn't seem likely to have parents who were going to shell out that kind of money, and obviously no one who already had a pair of Minnie Ears. And no one who had a brother who was going to be upset that he didn't get something, too. I think it would go over better in WDW, though....homemade Disney crafts didn't seem to be a big thing in DLP. We hardly saw anyone with homemade ears and only one person commented on ours and that was a staff member from London. (I asked) I guess French people do not normally converse with strangers like Americans do?

Songbird76

OK, the vegan restaurant we went to was awesome...!!!!! :joyfull: :hungry:
I even got a chance to talk to the owner before we left and let him know how much we loved the food...! :)
I, honestly, couldn't believe how good the food was...!!! :happy:

The place is called The Beer Plant, yet, I forgot to get any pics of my beers...! :facepalm:

Sriracha Brussels sprouts and cauliflower "Buffalo wings"...so darn good...!!! :hungry:

View attachment 239455

My Big Bend "BBQ" Sandwich...!!! :hungry:

View attachment 239456

THE BIG BEND
smoked seitan (contains peanuts), red onions, bbq sauce, smoked cheddar cheese sauce, mayo, grilled whole wheat bun, served with slaw, house-made pickles and side mac n' cheese

And, my birthday surprise for tomorrow at 1p...

View attachment 239457

:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Was it vegan cheese?
And yay for another gyroplane ride! I know how much you loved it before and apparently your family knows, too!!

Songbird76

Well I hope you get your payback tomorrow!!!

I went into the City (by train mind you) to a farmers market. Best one I've been to in years. Sadly I couldn't do this one very often just so freak'n far away. I bought so much and the tomatoes were awesome still!!! Downside I'm schlepping two bags of produce all afternoon. I can't wait to try and pop PopCorn on the Cob.
9af89f840caf666b4ad4eff168cdea16.jpg

DMhLfASWsAA5Uwj.jpg

Next stop was lunch @ajrwdwgirl They have now put a Wildberries downtown next to Millennium park! So when you and the hubs stay downtown you can have breakfast there.
DMhmfjEW4AAEkla.jpg

DMhlfpkWkAIGSlT.jpg

Then onto the park. I never tire of the bean

DMhlOG5XUAEDxwR.jpg
Huh....I didn't know you could pop popcorn on the cob....is it special kind of corn? How do you go about that? Have you tried it yet?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom