MLB 2017 Season Discussion

spacemt354

Chili's
Great season by the Yankees. Amazing that last year they trade their top players like Beltran, McCann, Andrew Miller, etc in order to rebuild with youth, and then meets those same players in the playoffs the next year, and be one of the last 4 teams standing in the MLB. Plenty to look forward to if a Yankee fan over the next few years. I was just hoping for Yankees vs Dodgers for classic baseball sake.
upload_2017-10-22_10-46-17.jpeg

1963WorldSeriesProgram1.jpg

But this year, Astros were the better team -- though Dodgers might be even better. One thing the Yankees exposed is that the Astros have no bullpen, especially on the road...which will be tough when they don't have home field advantage in the WS. They need their starters to carry them through and their offense to jump out to an early lead, otherwise - they are very vulnerable.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Great season by the Yankees. Amazing that last year they trade their top players like Beltran, McCann, Andrew Miller, etc in order to rebuild with youth, and then meets those same players in the playoffs the next year, and be one of the last 4 teams standing in the MLB. Plenty to look forward to if a Yankee fan over the next few years. I was just hoping for Yankees vs Dodgers for classic baseball sake.
View attachment 239542
1963WorldSeriesProgram1.jpg

But this year, Astros were the better team -- though Dodgers might be even better. One thing the Yankees exposed is that the Astros have no bullpen, especially on the road...which will be tough when they don't have home field advantage in the WS. They need their starters to carry them through and their offense to jump out to an early lead, otherwise - they are very vulnerable.

I was hoping for a Dodgers/Yankees rematch. Maybe next year.

Can't wait for Tuesday. Love to see us sweep. But I'll take 5.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Yeah, it's gonna be a hot one.

Just looked at the broadcast schedule on Comcast. For some reason, they've decided the WS is 8 games. Game 1 Tuesday LA, Game 2 Wednesday LA, travel day, Game 3 Friday Houston, Game 4 Saturday Houston, an unnumbered game Sunday in Houston, with a comment As Needed, Game 5 Monday in Houston with the comment Last Game Played in Houston, travel day Tuesday, Game 6 LA Wednesday, Game 7 LA Thursday.

Uh?

Won't they be surprised when that 8:00 pm time slot on Monday isn't Game 5. How incompetent can a cable company be? Oh right, it's Comcast....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom