New Cast Costumes at HWS

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Not only that but isn't this new CM costume building being built near the new CM parking lot in a area that is blocked off by the Alcatraz building and the entrance road, thus limiting the area's use as a attraction expansion spot?

From Bioreconstruct, the yellow arrow is the new costuming building. It's actually in a very good position for expansion since they could easily expand around it if they wanted to.

upload_2017-9-3_9-3-16.png

Movielover

It's actually in a very good position for expansion since they could easily expand around it if they wanted to[/QUOTE

I meant that exact spot as use for a attraction, which is what I thought @Herbie was expressing their disappointment about. There are plenty of other spots that would be better for expansion first.

I know the new entrance road is being built but will the current road there still exist in some form or will it be gone completely?

Well for some reason it really wants to put that as a quote...o_O:facepalm:

roj2323

Still not clear what will happen with the old entrance road.
From what I can tell from seeing the road reconfigurations that have already happened and from seeing the proposed changes in the water district drawings the old guest entrance will become the Cast parking entrance but the entry point for it will be moved over to the new entry point at victory way and do a long loop around back to the old entry point from what I can tell. There should however been some added green space between the perimeter road and the new cast paring lot. The only real question is how much. Time will tell.

doctornick

I may have misunderstood what you are talking about but demolishing the current costuming building would allow them more expansion room in the Echo Lake/Indy area. The current building is the middle building with a green roof at the backside of the Indiana Jones theater. The new costuming building is being built further away from Echo Lake.

Yes, I'm under the impression that the new location would make expansion in the Echo Lake area easier. Now, they can tear down the Indy theater and have a pretty sizable contiguous area for a fully fleshed out land.

Next Big Thing

DMtQf-aU8AAceMb.jpg

Complements of https://twitter.com/bioreconstruct

The Orientation of this new building strikes me as odd. The straight line orientation with the south end of the perimeter road seems a bit weird when there's plenty of room in front of it to angle it and hug it closer to the road. What this means I have no idea but I thought it was worth pointing out.
Management parking lot ;)

That's the new Staff Costume building for DHS so it would need to be closer to the park and not the road
He's talking about the perimeter road inside the park... not the road that you take as a guest to access the parking lot.

Goofyernmost

DMtQf-aU8AAceMb.jpg

Complements of https://twitter.com/bioreconstruct

The Orientation of this new building strikes me as odd. The straight line orientation with the south end of the perimeter road seems a bit weird when there's plenty of room in front of it to angle it and hug it closer to the road. What this means I have no idea but I thought it was worth pointing out.
From what I can see, if they had aligned closer to the (inner) road the building would have been placed further south for one thing and also since the space remaining is less then anything with real usage why not allow room for building equipment and landscaping instead of cramming it in closer for no real reason. The south corner of the building is already as close to that road as possible for working room and if that is the entrance to the building it really doesn't matter what direction the rest of the building sits.

Wegerter

Management parking lot ;)

He's talking about the perimeter road inside the park... not the road that you take as a guest to access the parking lot.
The moving of the building isn’t due to making it closer to management parking, they don’t even have costumes. It actually due to making it move convient for costumed CMs because CM parking is being moved to right behind this building.

YodaMan

The moving of the building isn’t due to making it closer to management parking, they don’t even have costumes. It actually due to making it move convient for costumed CMs because CM parking is being moved to right behind this building.

And if need be they can demo the old Costuming building and expand the Echo Lake section of the park out toward the parking lot.

YodaMan

Building looks practically done and trees are now up around the perimeter. It’s still fenced off from the main toll entrance road, though

cjkeating

The area outlined in green.
View attachment 282165

On paper it would seem to make more sense to abandon the building above the area you highlighted so they could build out behind Indiana Jones... maybe this will make more sense in the future, maybe whatever the restaurant is called between ST and IJ could be on the chopping block for expansion space.

Last edited:

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes
IIRC, that is the parade warehouse. Building above it is Costuming, I believe.
The back half of the building is the parade gantry, the front half is currently entertainment costuming and cosmetology. The other bungalows are the base for attendants, characters, techs, and photopass, as well as the character warm up trailer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom