Going to Club 33

Antaundra

Original Poster
I never thought I'd ever set foot inside Club 33, but tonight a very generous club member was able to confirm a reservation for me a few days from now. This thread will eventually become a trip report documenting my experience. I've never written a trip report but this is probably a once in a lifetime experience so I want to treat it differently than all of my other Disneyland trips. For those of you who have gone, do you have any tips, tricks, or suggestions? Are there any details I should make a point to notice? Is there a specialty menu item or cocktail I should order?

Darkbeer1

First off, take your time, explore, and bring some money to buy some souvenirs.

I recommend dressing up a bit, say country club casual, so a nice shirt and good pants

Take lots of pictures. As for food and drink, different folks like different things, but everything is very good.

Explore, but be mindful of the other guests. Make sure and visit the restroom, even if you only need to wash your hands. (I have been in both of them, long story, so stick with just one.)

I have been spoiled, and have had breakfast, lunch and dinner there.

My favorite time was with a group, I was going stag, so a friend of mind said if I was willing to be someone's date. Little did I know, my date was Tinker Bell, aka Margaret Kelly. What a wonderful person, and still keep in touch with her. But still a shock, as I met her inside the restaurant, and was clueless to her identity until she came over to my table and sat down next to me.

So enjoy, and have a great time. And forget about a "diet" unless medically necessary. You can always walk it off in the park after the meal!

D

Deleted member 107043

I'm so jealous. Club 33 is pretty much the only thing I've never done at Disneyland.

The Mur

Have a great a time. We all look forward to your trip report. From what I have heard, don't take pictures in the bathroom; it can get your host in trouble.

Phroobar

I've been there a couple of times. It's pretty neat seeing all the things up there. Go see the vulture and ride the elevator up.

GiveMeTheMusic

I've been there a couple of times. It's pretty neat seeing all the things up there. Go see the vulture and ride the elevator up.

The old lift is sadly no more. Reduced to a one person booth in the new lounge. There is a new elevator in the Court of Angels, which is a perfectly fine elevator, but nothing like the old French lift.

Phroobar

The old lift is sadly no more. Reduced to a one person booth in the new lounge. There is a new elevator in the Court of Angels, which is a perfectly fine elevator, but nothing like the old French lift.
Sad. It's been fifteen years since the last time I had lunch there. Back then, lunch or dinner included a free ticket to the park. I remember it was like a $100 a plate for lunch. I'm sure it's very different now.

GiveMeTheMusic

Sad. It's been fifteen years since the last time I had lunch there. Back then, lunch or dinner included a free ticket to the park. I remember it was like a $100 a plate for lunch. I'm sure it's very different now.

The meal is around $120 per person I believe, but no longer includes a park ticket. Members are given a set amount of comp tickets per year to distribute as they see fit, so if a member makes a reservation for you, they can also give you comp tickets. Or not.

lvoytko

I never thought I'd ever set foot inside Club 33, but tonight a very generous club member was able to confirm a reservation for me a few days from now. This thread will eventually become a trip report documenting my experience. I've never written a trip report but this is probably a once in a lifetime experience so I want to treat it differently than all of my other Disneyland trips. For those of you who have gone, do you have any tips, tricks, or suggestions? Are there any details I should make a point to notice? Is there a specialty menu item or cocktail I should order?

Hi Antaundra!

I'm a reporter working on a piece for Thrillist.com about Club 33. Did you make it to your reservation? I'd love to chat with you about your experience!

Antaundra

Original Poster
Hi Antaundra!

I'm a reporter working on a piece for Thrillist.com about Club 33. Did you make it to your reservation? I'd love to chat with you about your experience!
I did get to go and it was amazing. I've been busy and haven't had time to write a trip report yet but I'll gladly answer questions.

Stevek

I've been once...$45 per kids meal and $500 later, my wallet said ouch. It was a great experience, happy that I've been there and I would like to go back and see it again post remodel. I just may be a little more thrifty with what I eat next time...if there ever is a next time.

kkocka

I went over D23 Expo weekend and got to thoroughly enjoy Le Salon Nouveau - I've since been 100% convinced that the expansion was a good idea. If I ever strike it rich, I am immediately applying for membership.

Antaundra

Original Poster
Ok I have some time I can at least start writing a trip report

I first met this Club 33 member a little over a year ago and they offered to make me a reservation. At the time I didn't know them very well. I appreciated the offer but didn't feel comfortable asking for the reservation. Fast forward a year and my family is planning a big Disneyland trip for my grandmas 86th birthday. My grandma has wanted to go to Disneyland for the last few years, but since turning 80 she's replaced both hips and a knee. Finally she had a full year without any surgery. She felt up to walking around Disneyland for three days. Coincidentally that same Club member (not knowing we were planning a trip for my grandma) offered again to make a reservation for me. This time the timing felt right. I was really excited but didn't think it was actually going to happen. So the day of our reservation arrived and I was a nervous wreck. I was afraid I had the wrong day, or the wrong time, or I'd get turned away at the door, or I don't know... I was afraid anything could go wrong. Finally it was time.
IMG_5062.jpg

I rang the bell and waited for a response. I'm sure I didn't wait more than 3 seconds before they responded but it felt like forever. They said "Club 33 how can I help you" I gave them my name and they opened the door and welcomed us in. Instantly my anxiousness melted away. It took me a minute to catch my breath. I was on the verge of tears. I couldn't believe I was actually in Club 33. We enjoyed some delicious fruit infused water in the Court of Angels and took some pictures.
IMG_4967.JPG

This is me, my brother, my sister, and of course my grandma. My brothers wife is taking the picture, my parents didn't get to come to Club 33 with us they're watching my nieces.

drizgirl

I first met this Club 33 member a little over a year ago and they offered to make me a reservation. At the time I didn't know them very well. I appreciated the offer but didn't feel comfortable asking for the reservation. Fast forward a year and my family is planning a big Disneyland trip for my grandmas 86th birthday. My grandma has wanted to go to Disneyland for the last few years, but since turning 80 she's replaced both hips and a knee. Finally she had a full year without any surgery. She felt up to walking around Disneyland for three days. Coincidentally that same Club member (not knowing we were planning a trip for my grandma) offered again to make a reservation for me. This time the timing felt right. I was really excited but didn't think it was actually going to happen. So the day of our reservation arrived and I was a nervous wreck. I was afraid I had the wrong day, or the wrong time, or I'd get turned away at the door, or I don't know... I was afraid anything could go wrong. Finally it was time. View attachment 244566
I rang the bell and waited for a response. I'm sure I didn't wait more than 3 seconds before they responded but it felt like forever. They said "Club 33 how can I help you" I gave them my name and they opened the door and welcomed us in. Instantly my anxiousness melted away. It took me a minute to catch my breath. I was on the verge of tears. I couldn't believe I was actually in Club 33. We enjoyed some delicious fruit infused water in the Court of Angels and took some pictures.
View attachment 244572
This is me, my brother, my sister, and of course my grandma. My brothers wife is taking the picture, my parents didn't get to come to Club 33 with us they're watching my nieces.
What an awesome memory. And granny looks great!

Curious Constance

I first met this Club 33 member a little over a year ago and they offered to make me a reservation. At the time I didn't know them very well. I appreciated the offer but didn't feel comfortable asking for the reservation. Fast forward a year and my family is planning a big Disneyland trip for my grandmas 86th birthday. My grandma has wanted to go to Disneyland for the last few years, but since turning 80 she's replaced both hips and a knee. Finally she had a full year without any surgery. She felt up to walking around Disneyland for three days. Coincidentally that same Club member (not knowing we were planning a trip for my grandma) offered again to make a reservation for me. This time the timing felt right. I was really excited but didn't think it was actually going to happen. So the day of our reservation arrived and I was a nervous wreck. I was afraid I had the wrong day, or the wrong time, or I'd get turned away at the door, or I don't know... I was afraid anything could go wrong. Finally it was time. View attachment 244566
View attachment 244572

What an adorable family! Glad you had fun!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom