Visited Tokyo DisneySea - It was beautiful and so many cosplayers... (video included)

Kenjitweet

Original Poster
I finally went to Tokyo Disney Sea and it was beautiful... let me give some tips that may help some people.. Was easily worth 7200 yen

Tips

- No Selfie sticks allowed.
- You are allowed to bring food if you don't want to waste time waiting in line for them.
- Disney accessories are overpriced here (even more than the US Disneyland). Buy one on eBay or bring one to not feel left out. You'll want one once you're in. Trust me.
- Show up a hour before the park opens and power walk over to get a Fast Pass for Toy Story Mania
- Get the Big Band Beat ticket (this is a musical that is hard to get in). They may have a lotto on the day you go
- Take the single rider for Indiana Jones and Raging Spirit. It's NOT worth waiting in line or wasting a fast pass for them. Ride it.. talk about it afterwards.
- Restaurants are actually good at Disney Sea
- Fantasmic is a must watch. Lines are significantly shorter after Fantasmic so you have 1.5 hours of ride buffet time.
- Finding Nemo can be skipped (if there is a longer line)
- Sceneries are VERY nice at night. If you can only go half day, go at night
- Journey to the Center of the Earth was my favorite ride
- Disney offers a bus from almost any major cities train station (Akihabara, Shinjuku, you name it)
- You can give your luggage at the train station at the Maihama station to be delivered to your hotel room at one of the Disney Resort partners. Yes, this means you can come at 8am, give your luggage to them and go in the park.

Greenkai3000

I finally went to Tokyo Disney Sea and it was beautiful... let me give some tips that may help some people.. Was easily worth 7200 yen

Tips

- No Selfie sticks allowed.
- You are allowed to bring food if you don't want to waste time waiting in line for them.
- Disney accessories are overpriced here (even more than the US Disneyland). Buy one on eBay or bring one to not feel left out. You'll want one once you're in. Trust me.
- Show up a hour before the park opens and power walk over to get a Fast Pass for Toy Story Mania
- Get the Big Band Beat ticket (this is a musical that is hard to get in). They may have a lotto on the day you go
- Take the single rider for Indiana Jones and Raging Spirit. It's NOT worth waiting in line or wasting a fast pass for them. Ride it.. talk about it afterwards.
- Restaurants are actually good at Disney Sea
- Fantasmic is a must watch. Lines are significantly shorter after Fantasmic so you have 1.5 hours of ride buffet time.
- Finding Nemo can be skipped (if there is a longer line)
- Sceneries are VERY nice at night. If you can only go half day, go at night
- Journey to the Center of the Earth was my favorite ride
- Disney offers a bus from almost any major cities train station (Akihabara, Shinjuku, you name it)
- You can give your luggage at the train station at the Maihama station to be delivered to your hotel room at one of the Disney Resort partners. Yes, this means you can come at 8am, give your luggage to them and go in the park.

Greenkai3000

Wow, you guys were there during a busy time. Halloween?

We went the day right after Golden Week, and had average stand by wait times of about 5 - 10 mins. We got to ride most everything by 2pm! Even ToT, and TSM

Kenjitweet

Original Poster
This was on the 3rd week of September. We thought we were avoiding the Golden Week crowd. I think most customers were Japanese. Maybe students before school starting?

DfromATX

I enjoyed your video. It was neat seeing a place that I probably never will get to in real life - although I don't think I could handle those crowds.

Larry Mondello

One thing I noticed at both Tokyo Disney Sea and Disneyland. These were non-existent.
images

Daveeeeed

Wow, you guys were there during a busy time. Halloween?

We went the day right after Golden Week, and had average stand by wait times of about 5 - 10 mins. We got to ride most everything by 2pm! Even ToT, and TSM
This was on the 3rd week of September. We thought we were avoiding the Golden Week crowd. I think most customers were Japanese. Maybe students before school starting?
Is late July really bad crowd wise? What would it be most comparable to at WDW if you have been?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom