Kidani or Jambo?

GoofyCathy

Original Poster
We haven't stayed at either one...and we'd get a standard view...could you tell me the difference between them? We have had dinner at Sanaa. Thanks!

lostpro9het

Its all very subjective, obviously...deja deja vu time!!
Pros and cons!
KIDANI:
Pros:
Covered parking under your area of the resort
First bus stop
Excellent TS service offering in Sanaa
Better pool
Better breakfast option in Sanaa
Larger/more bathrooms depending on the room
Community hall with many activities for the family

Cons:
No true QS offering for all day dining, but some grab and go items are available in the gift shop and pool as well as a drink machine.
Some folks don't care for the small lobby
some folks don't care for the small gift shop.

JAMBO:
Pros:
Huge beautiful lobby that smells magnificent.
Huge gift shop area
Dedicated all day QS offering
Probably one of the best TS offerings in Jiko.
Folks really seem to like Boma, but its not for me.
Value rooms to save on points

Cons:
Its the second bus stop
I think the pool is pretty "meh"

nickys

Premium Member
Sanaa at Kidani does a QS breakfast. You can either sit there or grab and go.

It's an easy 10 minute walk (max) between the two, or you can get a minibus shuttle.

Kidani is entirely DVC villas, Jambo has the hotel rooms, club level and some DVC villas. The 1 bed villas at Kidani have an extra bathroom. Standard villas at Kidani are more likely to have a pool view, whereas at Jambo a lot of the standard rooms have a partial Savannah view. Not sure of the proportion, but at Kidani those on the outside of the curve will mostly face the road and pool, whilst at Jambo many on the outside of the curve still face part of a savannah.

The Victoria Falls lounge at Jambo is nice, especially if you like cocktails. Although, like a lot of Jambo, can feel a bit dark.

correcaminos

We did like Kidani more than Jambo. The Sanaa breakfast and pool bar were sufficient for us. It just feels more quiet at Kidani and we prefer the pool there and the parking too. Both are not bad at all though. We also do 2 bedrooms and enjoy the extra bathroom in Kidani. Jambo is more extravagant and has a busier feel to it. Neither are bad though.

nickys

Premium Member
We did like Kidani more than Jambo. The Sanaa breakfast and pool bar were sufficient for us. It just feels more quiet at Kidani and we prefer the pool there and the parking too. Both are not bad at all though. We also do 2 bedrooms and enjoy the extra bathroom in Kidani. Jambo is more extravagant and has a busier feel to it. Neither are bad though.

We are split in our family ;)!

Eldest DS (21) said he would like to stay at Jambo next time, he was impressed with the size and luxury feel to the resort. However he is a BLT man, likes being in the center of things and felt AKL in general was too remote from the feel of being "at Disney", so not begging to go back.

I liked the extra bathroom, sleeper chair (can't recall if Jambo 1 bed has it or not), happy with the more low key villas feel, but would also like to stay at Jambo to compare. I would also consider AKL (either) for 2 or 3 days without parks, maybe at the start of our vacation in future. There's just so much happening there, so much to see and do and the CMs love talking about their home countries and stuff.

correcaminos

Eldest DS (21) said he would like to stay at Jambo next time, he was impressed with the size and luxury feel to the resort. However he is a BLT man, likes being in the center of things and felt AKL in general was too remote from the feel of being "at Disney", so not begging to go back.

I liked the extra bathroom, sleeper chair (can't recall if Jambo 1 bed has it or not), happy with the more low key villas feel, but would also like to stay at Jambo to compare. I would also consider AKL (either) for 2 or 3 days without parks, maybe at the start of our vacation in future. There's just so much happening there, so much to see and do and the CMs love talking about their home countries and stuff.
I love reading/hearing different thoughts. Interestingly we don't care for BLT as a family. We like the more calm and peace. How Polynesian fits in, we're still not sure but we love it. All of us seem to prefer that. Kind of like we like BCV but not BWV as much - more peaceful back in the corner with BCV I think.

I think if I have this right all but the values at AKL have a sleeper chair. I know Kidani does for sure. Like you we have spent a couple no-park days at AKL because there is so much to do!

Simba's Mom

Another con of Kidani is that some of the rooms are a VERY long walk to the lobby. Last trip we asked for "near the lobby" and got the last "pod". We're going again next week, and my grandchildren have requested Kidani for the animals and the pictures of the pool and splash pad area. I'm so hoping we're close to the lobby this time.

GoofyCathy

Original Poster

Right! We've never stayed there because it does seem far from everything...and only one mode of transportation out...but it'll be fun to at least once. We decided on Jambo. Normally we go to Boardwalk or Saratoga.

dreamfinder

Biggest differences, Jambo was built as normal hotel so the units are converted hotel rooms (and still has plenty of hotel rooms left) while Kidani was DVC from the start. As such, Jambo has more dining options and a bigger store. Depending on the room you have you might overlook the same savanna.

Jambo feels a bit grander to me, just since it has the larger lobby/entry area.

Touring Plans has a great tool that shows you how each room is classified so you can see what you might end up with for a view.

I think if I have this right all but the values at AKL have a sleeper chair. I know Kidani does for sure. Like you we have spent a couple no-park days at AKL because there is so much to do!

Kidani doesn't have value rooms, only Jambo house does. And if I recall correctly, the lack of a sleeper chair is essentially what makes a room a value vs standard as it is a few feet shorter, so doesn't have the space for that extra chair.

correcaminos

Kidani doesn't have value rooms, only Jambo house does. And if I recall correctly, the lack of a sleeper chair is essentially what makes a room a value vs standard as it is a few feet shorter, so doesn't have the space for that extra chair.
I didn't say that Kidani had value rooms.... just that the value rooms have no sleeper chair and the rest of the rooms do. I even said that all of Kidani has sleeper chairs which means no values. The size of the room had more to play in with the initial classification as far as I know. The lack of chair is just a result of it.

dreamfinder

I didn't say that Kidani had value rooms.... just that the value rooms have no sleeper chair and the rest of the rooms do. I even said that all of Kidani has sleeper chairs which means no values. The size of the room had more to play in with the initial classification as far as I know. The lack of chair is just a result of it.

I misread your initial statement as being a typo, omitting the "but" as being out of place. The first part just didn't flow correctly when I read it so my brain auto corrected. We both were saying the same thing, sorry for my misinterpretation.

correcaminos

I misread your initial statement as being a typo, omitting the "but" as being out of place. The first part just didn't flow correctly when I read it so my brain auto corrected. We both were saying the same thing, sorry for my misinterpretation.
No worries at all. I do that sometimes as well. So yep, we're saying the same thing :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom