Trip Report Thanks for the adventure! F&W rookies!

Hello fellow Disney lovers!

Welcome to my 2nd trip report:)

When: Sat. September 23rd to Wed. September 27th

Where: Construction zone CBR

Who:

IMG_5006.JPG

DH (Chris) and myself (Megan).

No kids! No kids! No kids! We left the boys with their grandparents...gasp! Some random lady could NOT believe we'd do such a thing. Details on that later!

Why: Celebrating 10 years of wedded bliss!

IMG_5030.JPG

We had a jammed pack 3 days in the world and am happy to report we fit just about everything that was on the itinerary. It was HOT but sunny the entire time so no complaints here.

We ate and ate and ate some more...get ready for some food por pics! Without the kids, we were able to try signature restaurants and rides with height restrictions:joyfull:

Up first: Flying Allegiant...would our glued, rubber banded and duct taped plane make it to Orlando??

PrincessL

Original Poster
After that nice breakfast we headed over to PPF along with everybody else. It was just before 9 and they had to open up the queue already o_O

That was fine by me. I think this is one of the best done queues. We usually do a FP and miss it and last trip we missed out completely because it was down. I was excited to have another go, it'd been a while!

IMG_5135.JPG

IMG_5136.JPG

Sorry it's blurry. Just look at that face though!

We are dog lovers and rescued a yellow lab from a rough start in life. Her name is Bella and is the sweetest dog. I have such a hard time seeing how someone could have miss treated her:(

We've had her for 8 years now. She's been with us for each new baby we've brought home. With that, she has earned the nick name Nana because she would camp out each night in the hallway and watch the nursery door. She never hovered just always had to have the babies in her sight.

Nana always makes me think of our Bella doggie and our babies.

Anyway, I was kinda holding up the line to snap this next picture:

IMG_5137.JPG

I was apologizing to the lady behind me when she proceeded to say,

"I've been wanting to ask you guys why two adults would come to Disney alone? You must not have any kids!"

"Well, actually we do, we have 3 boys"

"Really? Where are they?"

You could hear the judgy tone from the nosey lady with 1st visit button on :cautious:

Ok, maybe I was reading into it because I was still a little emotional thinking about my babies with their "Nana" back at home. But, she was being pretty obnoxious about this whole conversation.

DH replied "We are terrible parents, we left them at home" :facepalm:

I know you are kidding but she doesn't!

It just went on from there. Her face after that was definitely judgy and proceeded to tell us how she was there with her grandchildren and could never understand why you would come to Disney of all places without kids :rolleyes: Blah blah blah...

Ok, now the Mom guilt was rolling. I couldn't hold it back and cried the entire flight:( I had to excuse myself to the tangled restrooms afterward to pull myself together.

Alright how do we get back on track...how about a good scare and then we'll call the kiddos after. Good plan...lets go!

IMG_5138.JPG

This was DH's first time. He was reading the headstone and goes, "hmm...these are all sayings Grammy used say." :hilarious:

IMG_5139.JPG

Time for our first FP, BTMR:

IMG_5141.JPG

We decided it was hot enough for a Dole Whip! We did some shopping in the Chrismas store. Got some ornaments for the boys and had them shipped back to CBR. We were hoping to catch some patriotic Muppets on the way out but we missed them.

We headed over to our next FP, 7DMT. Always a fun ride! Don't know that it is worth a 90 min wait though;)

We had a little bit of time before our next FP window.

Why not take a spin?!?

IMG_5144.JPG

I asked DH for a pic that I could see his shirt...

IMG_5145.JPG

And he forgot to smile:joyfull:

He had those cups spinning so fast!!

Our last FP was for tomorrowland speedway. Now I could understand that lady asking why would two grown ups ever go on this ride without kids...lol! It may have been our last ride though:(

We thought this would be a good time to use our FP we got in the morning. We decided on Buzz. The FP line looked like it was as long as standby:banghead: No thanks!

Our time would be better spent at F&W.

On our way out I had to try another first...

IMG_5159.JPG

What was the focal point :facepalm:

Back in line so DH could try again...

IMG_5162.JPG

That's better:)

Next: The reason these two adults came alone...food and booze;)

PrincessL

Original Poster
As a flip-flop wearer - I agree; Soarin' shoe-less is the best!

Thanks for the review of Monsieur Paul. Looks like a great place for a couple.

that is @Tuvalu treatment on an 8am bus to MK! Hard to believe.

So cool you got extra FPs!

BoG - still on my to do list.
I can't believe you haven't been to BoG! You need to go so someone can finally get some good pictures with the terrible lighting that is in there!!!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
To the lady in the Peter Pan queue:
4AAD2B99-2426-4618-8A2D-73C64F001950.png

It was NONE of her business why you were at Disney, if you had children, and then expecting an explanation as to why your children were not with you. SHAME ON HER!

You did not deserve to suffer any mom guilt. Actually you and your husband were modeling to your children the importance of your marriage and your need to get away and have fun together, even if the “fun place” is somewhere your children also enjoy. It’s a reminder to the kids that the world does not revolve around them. Happy parents + happy marriage = Happy Family. That’s the biggest benefit you can give to your kids.

I hope you guys had a wonderful trip and get to have many more mom and dad getaways in the future.

lostpro9het

You could hear the judgy tone from the nosey lady with 1st visit button on :cautious:

Ok, maybe I was reading into it because I was still a little emotional thinking about my babies with their "Nana" back at home. But, she was being pretty obnoxious about this whole conversation.

DH replied "We are terrible parents, we left them at home" :facepalm:

I know you are kidding but she doesn't!

It just went on from there. Her face after that was definitely judgy and proceeded to tell us how she was there with her grandchildren and could never understand why you would come to Disney of all places without kids :rolleyes: Blah blah blah...

Ok, now the Mom guilt was rolling. I couldn't hold it back and cried the entire flight:( I had to excuse myself to the tangled restrooms afterward to pull myself together.

The thoughts running through my head and to my fingers have been severely censored by this forum but lets just say Frankley HER self righteous opinion would have left me saying "see you next Tuesday", lady...

Anyhow, I hope this was only a minor inconvenience and did not hamper the adult festivities that were to follow!

I'll just step away now and wait to see how many times I get reported...

riverside

Premium Member
The comments from that lady were downright rude. It is none of her business as to why you were there etc. As my mother always told me "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all".

I'm not saying I know exactly how you felt that day b/c I've never had anyone say something like that to me in Disney but I get that ALL THE TIME AT HOME. It drives me crazy. I am 40some years old and don't have children. I can't begin to tell you how many friends(at least I thought they were) make snide comments & pick at me b/c I go there so frequently. I've begun posting less & less on Facebook when I go b/c I can only imagine the amount of "eye rolls" I'm getting when "friends" see me post from there. Usually though when I'm getting hassled with the "you're going there AGAIN?" comment my response is "you don't know what you're missing";)

I'm enjoying your trip report & hope that woman didn't ruin the rest of your day---she's not worth it.

*Flynnderella*

Some people just need to be slapped...in the face...with a chair. She is one of those people. Our last visit in May was 9 adults and 1 7 year old.. (unless you count me and my 32yr old sister running around MK like children) the point of Disney is that is ISN’T “just for kids”. Its so much more than what “those people” think it is. The fact that she felt like she needed to even comment is just downright rude.
I hope it didn’t ruin your day too much! Enjoying your report so far

PrincessL

Original Poster
To the lady in the Peter Pan queue:
View attachment 238401

It was NONE of her business why you were at Disney, if you had children, and then expecting an explanation as to why your children were not with you. SHAME ON HER!

You did not deserve to suffer any mom guilt. Actually you and your husband were modeling to your children the importance of your marriage and your need to get away and have fun together, even if the “fun place” is somewhere your children also enjoy. It’s a reminder to the kids that the world does not revolve around them. Happy parents + happy marriage = Happy Family. That’s the biggest benefit you can give to your kids.

I hope you guys had a wonderful trip and get to have many more mom and dad getaways in the future.

Thanks @Tuvalu for your wise words. "Happy parents + happy marriage = Happy Family." is the truth and the foundation.

We have wonderful parents that encourage us to take time as a couple and I knew the kids were having a blast at home but that didn't make me miss them less. And don't we as Mom's always have that guilt looming?! This lady was just so rude about it and it shocked me.

PrincessL

Original Poster
The thoughts running through my head and to my fingers have been severely censored by this forum but lets just say Frankley HER self righteous opinion would have left me saying "see you next Tuesday", lady...

Anyhow, I hope this was only a minor inconvenience and did not hamper the adult festivities that were to follow!

I'll just step away now and wait to see how many times I get reported...
It was none of this ladies business and I should have shut the conversation down. I always come up with later what I should have said and that's exactly what I should have said! I'm a little slow because I'm shocked that people can be so rude.

PrincessL

Original Poster
The comments from that lady were downright rude. It is none of her business as to why you were there etc. As my mother always told me "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all".

I'm not saying I know exactly how you felt that day b/c I've never had anyone say something like that to me in Disney but I get that ALL THE TIME AT HOME. It drives me crazy. I am 40some years old and don't have children. I can't begin to tell you how many friends(at least I thought they were) make snide comments & pick at me b/c I go there so frequently. I've begun posting less & less on Facebook when I go b/c I can only imagine the amount of "eye rolls" I'm getting when "friends" see me post from there. Usually though when I'm getting hassled with the "you're going there AGAIN?" comment my response is "you don't know what you're missing";)

I'm enjoying your trip report & hope that woman didn't ruin the rest of your day---she's not worth it.
Thanks for understanding! Some people just don't get the Disney thing...good thing we found this forum and like minded people;)

I'm know to my friends as the crazy Disney one but they all call me to get advise;) it's funny to me to see some of them "get" it though after their trips!

PrincessL

Original Poster
Some people just need to be slapped...in the face...with a chair. She is one of those people. Our last visit in May was 9 adults and 1 7 year old.. (unless you count me and my 32yr old sister running around MK like children) the point of Disney is that is ISN’T “just for kids”. Its so much more than what “those people” think it is. The fact that she felt like she needed to even comment is just downright rude.
I hope it didn’t ruin your day too much! Enjoying your report so far

Thanks @flynnderlla.

Exactly! I did not need a lecture from this opinionated lady. That combined with missing my boys attributed to my reaction but it was just rude. It was her first day at the parks so maybe she "got it" later on in her trip...lol!

PrincessL

Original Poster
We decided to take a bus to Boardwalk or Beachclub and then walk over to WS. The bus luck continued and one was pulling up so we took off running. The running wasn't neccessary as they were loading an EVC that we couldn't see:banghead:

I remember being so hungry but from from the pics it doesn't look like it took too long to fill us up!

Belgium had been on our list so we headed that way. I think it was on our list for the beer but I have no pics of the beer. I know we got some of The Leffe Blonde though.
IMG_5166.JPG

We weren't really feeling the sweets after our dole whip earlier so we passed on the waffles but they smelled amazing! We went with the beer braised beef.

IMG_5167.JPG

Now that I look at this pic it doesn't look like the most appetizing but this was one of our favs. It went really well with the recommended beer pairing. We were tempted to go back for another one but we moved on.

IMG_5168.JPG

IMG_5169.JPG

I was surprised when DH wanted the carrot cake. He said its one of his favorite desserts. How is it that we were celebrating our 10th anniversary and I did not know that?!? He's never ordered it at a resturant and we've never had it in the house. Guess we are still learning new things about each other:inlove:

IMG_5170.JPG

Being midwesterners we don't eat too many lobster rolls so in our opinion this was really good :hungry: I read different opinions when researching for F&W so others may disagree as well.

We were fans of both these dishes and DH said it was one of the the best carrot cakes. Still don't know what he has to compare it to:hilarious:

We had a bout 20 min until we had to head back to our room to get ready for dinner. DH wanted to save room. I talked him into one more since we had so many credits to still use.

I wanted to try something different for us so we skipped over Germany and Italy and stopped at India.

IMG_5171.JPG

IMG_5172.JPG

It was a meh note to end on. Not a lot of spice. The pickled garlic was surprisingly my favorite and something I had never had before.

We ended up walking back to boardwalk and taking a $6 uber back to CBR. The steps saved and wait for a bus was totally worth it!

Next: Another first and an awkward CG expirience :oops:

Last edited:

PrincessL

Original Poster
After we quickly got cleaned up for dinner we drove over to our next destination. Our goal was to get there at 4pm and we ended up arriving 15 min late. I was nervous we wouldn't be able to get a seat...

IMG_5174.JPG

But we did... at Trader Sam's:D

We actually staked out (is that right? I'm having a smote? smoten? moment) where it was the day before after we had breakfast at Kona. I had heard it was hard to find. It literally is a hole in the wall kina place:hilarious:

All the bar stools, tables and booths were taken around the perimeter so we sat ourselves at the large table in the center. Three other couples joined us and there were no other seats available by 4:30pm.

One of the couples was from the small town that we went to college in. DH had a fun time talking to them about our football team and about our new coach with them... Boiler Up!

This place is very intimate and all around fun atmosphere. A lot of detail and just a neat spot to have a drink or two;) DH's old boss is a huge Disney fan as well and kept telling him he needed to check this place out and he isn't even a drinker! Well, we are and ordered a Rosita's Margarita and Krakatoa punch for DH.

IMG_5177.JPG

IMG_5173.JPG
IMG_5175.JPG
IMG_5176.JPG

We had time for one more so DH got the shrunken head zombie and I got the mosquito mojito. Both were pretty strong but should be for that price.

Our waiter was training a gal so he wasn't as into character as some of the others. But man that bartender was hilarious! It was such a fun experience and great start to our night.

We had an early CG ADR and headed that way next!!

PrincessL

Original Poster
Alright, it was finally time for California Grill!!

We drove over in our rental car and found a parking space easily. I would say that one of the main perks of staying on property is the ease of Disney transportation. Although, on this trip with visiting the other resorts as much as we did the rental car saved a lot of time and we probably broke even with what we would have spent on Uber's.

Originally we wanted to do the Highway dine around that is a progressive dinner around the monorail loop. But you had to prePay and by the time I got the go ahead from DH (1hr...he was at work) it was booked solid:facepalm: I hope they keep doing it and we can another visit!

Anyhow...

The fellow that was our elevator concierge was pretty funny, I dont remember his name but he said" welcome to so and so's comedy hour" and had some good jokes. It was a light hearted way to begin our dining experience.

We were seated at one of the second row tables meaning we weren't at a window table but next to them. We were closer to the kitchen rather than the bar.

IMG_5180.JPG

We had a direct view of the castle :inlove: and a family with their baby and toddler. I couldn't look at the castle without looking at their table.

The bread service with the lavender butter was yummy! Not quite Monseiure Paul's bread service but good!

Wendy recommended the Goat Cheese ravioli of course..."its been on the menu for 20 years," and the BLT flatbread.

IMG_5178.JPG

I expected this to be delicious and it was!

IMG_5179.JPG

But this...oh. My. Word. The heirloom tomatoes with the BLT aioli was the bomb! It had the classic BLT flavors in a refined manner. We both loved it:hungry:

So, I eluded to an awkward experience earlier and here's where our dinner kinda took a turn.

**I hesitate to put this in here. It can be a sensitive topic. If you are looking for a debate please skip ahead! This is just my take.

We were having a great time, the setting, the food, the wine all was good except for the baby crying at the table over from us. Every time the baby cried out everyone was staring! Like I said before it was my direct line of site I could look at DH or at their table and the castle.

So, excuse me if I was taken aback when she very conspicuously whips it out and starts nursing her I'm guessing 7month old baby.

It was so uncomfortable. I don't want to look but I have no where else to look. DH too. They know we're talking about it. We are trying not to talk about it. I felt bad because all the tables around us were murmuring about it, it was obvious.

The hostess even offered a blanket. I'm guessing someone had to of let them know.

We were close enough that I could hear the hostess say maybe you would be more comfortable with a blanket. And she REFUSED!

Disclaimer-- I'm not trying to be insensitive I understand as a mother who has gone through the baby stage, that when a baby has needs they have needs and I'm completely supportive of a mother nursing their child. Even doing it in public (maybe under a blanket) this is not my issue. It's their right.

My issue is that if you are at this stage in life, then dining at a gourmet restaurant is not in the cards. Seems selfish.

As a patron if I'm going to Ruth's Chris for a nice meal with my husband the expectation is that it's not going to be interrupted by the other dining patrons let alone an infant at the next table. The same applies here.

She continued for the rest of the meal. We watched as she one handed tried to cut her steak. It did not even look enjoyable I have no idea why you would ever waste the money to not even be able enjoy it.

There should definitely be an age requirement just like there is at Victoria and Albert's. I also let Disney know that as well:oops:

It made for an awkward uncomfortable meal which was supposed to be a romantic celebration of our Anniversary.

Ok, rant over:arghh:

I went with the filet and tomatoe risotto:

IMG_5183.JPG

This was he most tender and flavorful filet I've ever had! I mentioned Ruth's Chris earlier and I have to admit that was the caliber I was expecting. This was way better!

The tomatoe risotto was disappointing it was too acidic. A creamy mushroom risotto would have paired much better IMO.

DH got the Line Caught Black Grouper :

IMG_5184.JPG

Loved it! He said all the flavors came together nicely.

We had no room for dessert but they brought out a Boston Cream cupcake for our anniversary. Nice touch!!

IMG_5186.JPG

Overall, we loved the food! We will be back for sure someday... with our kids when they are old enough to behave and appreciate it!! We would be thinking that the next night too!!

Next: More MK

12in12

Sorry to hear about your less than ideal experience at CG. I, like you, feel that a fancy restaurant is no place for a baby. Where they an American family? I am just asking because there can be cultural differences in what is appropriate in public.

PrincessL

Original Poster
We had the same thought. We could not hear an accent though and were assuming they were American. Again, I hesitated to even put that in but I do feel that it just isn't a resturant for small children and that's why.

PrincessL

Original Poster
We then walked over to MK to watch HEA.

We saw it the first time over the summer from the Pirate and Pals boat and loved it. I really wanted to see it from within MK to be closer to the projections on the castle.

We arrived about 20 min before showtime. I don't really recall how we decided on the train station maybe we thought it would be less crowded. Anyway, not the best pics but gets you an idea of the site lines from the station.

IMG_5190.JPG
IMG_5194.JPG
IMG_5204.JPG

For D19 I'm going to put the hard sell for the Garden view dessert party:hilarious:

After, we decided to go against the grain and head to Buzz to use our FP. It was pandemonium! There wasn't a CM maning the FP and everyone was just running through without scanning. It was crazy.
IMG_5207.JPG

IMG_5212.JPG
IMG_5213.JPG

The lighting was hard to get pics of he score. I am terrible at this game... but mine was the 652,800 and DH had 87,600:joyfull::D

The ride stopped in the room with the batteries and I found the high scorer one and just kept shooting. DH still claims that I cheated and I have yet to tell him my secret!!!

We caught Once Upon a Time on the way out. Bonus as I did not see this on the park schedule. Cute show!

IMG_5215.JPG

We left to get our car from the contemporary and encountered zero traffic. It was a nice way to end the day.

Next: Pandora!!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom