The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

Me, I have a pair of hemostats. I would lightly grasp their rears and they always backed out. Then you had them in grip to dispose of them verses chasing the little varmints.

With topical treatments fleas are a non-issue anymore, that stuff knocks them down within a few hours. I only used it up here in summer months and until fall with the first real hard frost as it is a pesticide that is going on their skin. No way in heck was I ever going down that road of feeding a Pup a pesticide pill. Bad enough on their skin let along swallowing the pesticide let alone year round. Common sense. Would I swallow pesticides just because it was effective from keeping fleas away from me? Too many pets being lost to autoimmune disease these days. I look at hooping cough the human name for the disease and bordetella vaccine the pet version, traditional vaccine with Pups. Humans get that vaccine, whooping cough early on than a booster much later on. Twice in a lifetime. Vets give this vaccine annually to Pups, very little to zero regulation for pets and their life span is so much shorter but given the vaccine so much more frequently. Kennels mandate it 'cause vets say so. We wonder why we have so many pets passing from autoimmune diseases? Drives me crazy.
You are so right!

FutureCEO

So my grandparents siblings filled up another (2 years later after the first one) 2 ton dumpster of their crap, can you say that? Anyway, the only room left in the house to throw things out is the garage.

My grandmother had six clown statue thingys that played music, one of each of her grandkids :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: DON'T WANT. No clowns for me.

Figgy1

Premium Member
So my grandparents siblings filled up another (2 years later after the first one) 2 ton dumpster of their crap, can you say that? Anyway, the only room left in the house to throw things out is the garage.

My grandmother had six clown statue thingys that played music, one of each of her grandkids :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: DON'T WANT. No clowns for me.
Good man! Do you have your glasses and if so how do you like them?

MySmallWorldof4

Good morning. I woke up early because I was shivering. My dh turned off the heat for no reason! It only comes on if the temperature drops below 68 at night. i may forget to pack his food tonight:oops::angelic:
We had our propane tank for our fireplace refilled yesterday, so I am looking forward to turning it on this morning. :)Had my Mickey fleece pants and a sweatshirt on last night. But right now my toes are cold, and my nose is cold.
12CB08A4-A13D-4870-B8BA-6EA63E7202F6.jpeg

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
And skip this too if you only come here for fun...

Ugh. :cry: No words of wisdom. Just prayers for you and your community. Little ones believing they have no where to turn in our great nation. Breaks my heart. My DS classes were spared all that but my DD class over time had 3 similar losses. We are such a small town, 3 is beyond unthinkable in a graduating class of 84, not that one life lost in a huge population is acceptable.

While I have no appropriate words of condolence Big {{{Hugs}}} to you and your school community as you and students try to wrap their brains around all this. Mental Health is such a condition that I wish we cared about more as a whole. I know health care for mental issues is a "social" issue here and not fun but dang this breaks my heart, so sorry if my empathy gets in the way of others 'fun' on the thread. It is such of a condition as cancer or heart disease. Breaks my little heart. May God wrap her arms around her now. Dang.

I have no words but am sending prayers and pixie dust. Be a well as you can be my friend

Thanks ladies.

Goofyernmost

Ahhhhhhh!I am so sorry to hear this. That makes my needle phobia sound ridiculous. But I am still needle phobic. Is it just a matter of getting used to it?
You're not very old, but, I have found that the teaching method currently being used to teach how to give injections has obviously become more refined. It is at the point (pun intended) that you don't feel anything at all. These folks are good. If your current blood draw and injection people are "old school", it might still be a problem.
To the month day year thing, I know in Spanish you would say it el diez y ocho de octubre 2018, day month year, but we say in English we say October 18, 2017. Therefore, day month year makes sense in our brains.

As for everything else, well, we like to do things our own way even if it doesn't make sense. We're the teenagers of the world. :p
Our own military uses... day/month/year. Although we (non-military) write it out as month/day/year, when we speak we don't say we are going to do something on December 12. We say we are going to go there on the 12th of December.

StarWarsGirl

Ahhhhhhh!I am so sorry to hear this. That makes my needle phobia sound ridiculous. But I am still needle phobic. Is it just a matter of getting used to it?
That, and just not psyching yourself out over it. I find it's better to just randomly walk in for your flu shot rather than be like, "Oh no, oh no, oh no!" It really doesn't feel like anything more than a pinch initially (afterwards you may be a bit sore). And whatever you do, do not watch it go in.

The last IV I had I did get a bit queasy. It was before my hand surgery, and I was nervous about the procedure, whether I knew it or not. Anyway, my mom was with me, and she started talking about Star Trek. Before I knew it, that sucker was in. My mother knows me a bit too well...

betty rose

Hope that wears off quickly. I've heard of a few people who don't feel great for a day or two after the shot, but I've never had any issues.
Much better today. I was up early, finishing my packing. Hubby slept in until 8:30 A.M. I was up at 4 A.M. Now, I'm cleaning the house before we leave. How many of you think you should clean the house before you leave for vacation? I feel like I have to. It's like wearing clean underware (or new) before going to the Dr. I hope to be done by the end of the day. With only the last minute things to do.

Cesar R M

You need more coffee. Even more blissful weather is coming in the next few months -- wait for it --

1562cf219d4c14366728cfd899c000ec--st-day-first-day-of-winter.jpg
First snow...

eNcPdiJ.gif

40- farenheit....

kz664qL.gif

very comfortable..

9IvqC7L.gif

betty rose

But what about air conditioning costs? Our heating bill is very low, because our little (and I mean little . . .LOL . . .) townhouse that we rent, is well insulated. Plus, I like the heat down to about 58-60 in the dead of winter, when it's the only time that I crank it up here. Hubs likes it much warmer, so he wears hoodies and sweat pants around the house! :hilarious: :hilarious: (Hey, opposites attract, you know?!) :D
They sure do, I like it warm, hubby loves it cold!

Cesar R M

Sell the clown asap.
They might get bought fast with the IT movie craziness.

Cesar R M

Absolutely not. I am very against it. I think it is inhumane and should be illegal. And the vet I saw is of the same opinion; she won't even perform the procedure. Hence why I am going back to her. She's clearly someone who cares more about the welfare of the animal than how much money she can make off a procedure.
Phew!
And here I was horrified that you had declawed your cats and were thinking on declawing Jasmine.

betty rose

I would love the towel warmer. Our bathroom isn't big enough for it though; we have a tiny bathroom. I guess the tiny bathroom is good for being less to clean but it does mean no luxuries. Oh well, maybe in a different house someday.
I like the small bathroom. Hubby has the bathroom with two sinks. Mine is in the center of the house, and it's toasty. His is on an outside window. High up in the shower area. I still prefer a soak in the tub. Bubble, bubble toil and trouble!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom