Animal Kingdom 20th

DisneyDodo

I have seen EE as being one of the rides expected to be enhanced for WDW50. My hunch is that this would include some sort of improvement to the current yeti AA situation (and hopefully something more substantial than a bulb replacement for the strobe light)

WDWTank

I have seen EE as being one of the rides expected to be enhanced for WDW50. My hunch is that this would include some sort of improvement to the current yeti AA situation (and hopefully something more substantial than a bulb replacement for the strobe light)
They need to fix the steam and mist on the trains and in the Mountain. Isn't Mount Everest cold? Add a intense cool-air conditioning with wind. It's an experience, not a roller coaster!

ChrisM

Maybe we’re just unlucky, but we tend to come off this ride soaked, to the point we had to buy my daughter new clothes one day. My wife now puts ponchos on the kids to avoid this. I don’t mind getting wet, but I don’t want to be soaked all the way through for an attraction that is over so soon after it starts.

You either get soaked or barely wet on Kali. It all depends on whether you are positioned to get hit by the geysers at the top of the lift - if you are, you're drenched.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
You either get soaked or barely wet on Kali. It all depends on whether you are positioned to get hit by the geysers at the top of the lift - if you are, you're drenched.
I was positioned towards the gyseres, and NOTHING

TeriofTerror

I was positioned towards the gyseres, and NOTHING
I hate this ride. I've gotten completely, miserably soaked every time I've ridden it. It's just not long enough or interesting/thrilling enough to make that sodden misery worth my while. I've learned my lesson and now leave it to those who enjoy that sort of thing. More power to them.

HauntedMansionFLA

I hate this ride. I've gotten completely, miserably soaked every time I've ridden it. It's just not long enough or interesting/thrilling enough to make that sodden misery worth my while. I've learned my lesson and now leave it to those who enjoy that sort of thing. More power to them.
I'm with you on this one. The last time I rode this I got completely soaked to the bone. I ended up going back to the hotel to change.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
It;s kind of odd. In 2011 when we went to WDW, Splash barely got us damp, and yet Kali drenched us. Summer 2016, the total opposite!

brb1006

20th Anniversary merchandise arrived today.

kgvKecD.jpg

tL7aAWu.jpg

L7x5Mco.jpg
WcU0rGx.jpg

crxbrett

I know this is a bit of a stretch, but I think Pandora was sort of an early 20th gift for the AK's 20th. Yes, it opened about 11 months early, but technically it is still new for the 20th. I know a lot of people won't consider that, and am not saying it was intentional or not, but it really was a good expansion to help usher in the park's 20th.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom