News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

MotherOfBirds

Perhaps we'll see our dino buddies again when they're dragged out for corporate events.

I imagine the place is pretty much gutted at this point? It was mostly screenz to begin with.

aladdin2007

Have the dinosaurs been removed?...and originally weren't they installed down through the roof via a crane? Seems like I had a picture of that somewhere or I am confusing it with something else, I'll have to dig.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Any chance we see those dinosaurs in the Peoplemover or PotC?

Maybe...

upload_2017-10-17_17-19-28.png

No Name

Any chance we see those dinosaurs in the Peoplemover or PotC?

Huh? Those would be two of the absolute most idiotic places to put them. How in Walt's name do dinosaurs fit in a ride with pirates set in the 17th/18th century? And how do they fit in a land of tomorrow? I apologize if this is a joke that went over my head, but I'm not getting that feeling.

Maybe DAK would be better.

EricsBiscuit

Huh? Those would be two of the absolute most idiotic places to put them. How in Walt's name do dinosaurs fit in a ride with pirates set in the 17th/18th century? And how do they fit in a land of tomorrow? I apologize if this is a joke that went over my head, but I'm not getting that feeling.

Maybe DAK would be better.
fake news

Johnny Three-hats

PotC? Why would they be there? How about the attraction in the Animal Kingdom called DINOSAUR?
I wouldn't put them in Animal Kingdom if only because they don't look much like the animals they're based on. Sure, the ones on DINOSAUR have their own set of issues, but the UoE dinosaurs are about as outdated as dinosaurs get without going to Crystal Palace Park. Dragging tails everywhere, upright posture in the "trachodons" and theropods, sauropods with snorkel nostrils, elasmosaurus (not a dinosaur, and since removed, RIP) with an absurdly flexible neck. I adore them, but if the UoE dinosaurs belong anywhere, it's on a Disneyland Railroad type Primeval World display as an insight into what we used to think these animals were.

But then I don't trust Disney not to outright destroy all the dinosaurs so I won't hold my breath either way.

FigmentJedi

I wouldn't put them in Animal Kingdom if only because they don't look much like the animals they're based on. Sure, the ones on DINOSAUR have their own set of issues, but the UoE dinosaurs are about as outdated as dinosaurs get without going to Crystal Palace Park. Dragging tails everywhere, upright posture in the "trachodons" and theropods, sauropods with snorkel nostrils, elasmosaurus (not a dinosaur, and since removed, RIP) with an absurdly flexible neck. I adore them, but if the UoE dinosaurs belong anywhere, it's on a Disneyland Railroad type Primeval World display as an insight into what we used to think these animals were.

But then I don't trust Disney not to outright destroy all the dinosaurs so I won't hold my breath either way.
Best description I've ever heard of the Energy diorama is "A three-dimensional Charles Knight painting".

And yeah, it'd be too much of a stylistic clash to toss them into CTX. An attraction replacing Dinorama on the other hand might be able to get away with it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom