Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Downtime would be nonexistent. Depending on how far out they would go, it could be done pretty much overnight, 1-day to put up or with minimal downtime. One would think.
I do believe it takes DL several days if not weeks for the Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain overlays. Its not that easy to overlay an entire ride if you want quality results like DL's HM.

Goofyernmost

I do believe it takes DL several days if not weeks for the Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain overlays. Its not that easy to overlay an entire ride if you want quality results like DL's HM.
From my memory it is almost the whole month of October to get it done and then the month of January to clean it all up and start the regular show. That's 4 months of having the original not available. Just not worth it in my opinion. Having see the overlay I know it isn't worth it.

ToTBellHop

From my memory it is almost the whole month of October to get it done and then the month of January to clean it all up and start the regular show. That's 4 months of having the original not available. Just not worth it in my opinion. Having see the overlay I know it isn't worth it.
Facts matter. Four months without the standard show is accurate. But only 3 1/2 weeks of total refurbishment during which time they also refurbish the actual ride.

Mansion:
  • January 8, 2018 to January 18, 2018
  • August 28, 2017 to September 14, 2017
  • January 9, 2017 to January 19, 2017
  • August 22, 2016 to September 8, 2016
  • January 11, 2016 to January 21, 2016
  • August 24, 2015 to September 10, 2015

Jones14

While I agree that a HMH style overlay would be overkill, especially in a park as starved as DHS, Christmas decorations in the queue and a switch to a holiday scene or two in the ride itself wouldn’t necessarily require a closure. Star Tours’ new videos are created and then tested overnight/off-site, and the last update didn’t cause the ride to close at all.

Halloween/Christmas at Toy Story Mania would be PAINFULLY easy to do.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I agree with you. I just got back from DL and while it was awesome for me since I had never been to DL, I can see how that can be annoying if you go multiple times a year. That is a long time to be down for just an overlay and not even counting any regular downtime they need.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No

DCA switches between the daytime version of GotG: Mission Breakout and the night time/Halloween version GotG: Monsters After Dark every evening with (more or less) the flip of a switch. So long as you have a ride/queue that is media/lighting/sound heavy (and rely less on practical effects) the switch could happen just as quickly. No reason you'd need to go crazy with Midway Mania's queue to convert it which means all you would really have to do is worry about the projections (which again could be switched more or less instantly). As it seems like Runaway Railway will also be VERY media heavy (even if it is being projected onto practical effects), one would imagine that a Halloween/Christmas overlay for that attraction could be switched on just as quickly.

ToTBellHop

DCA switches between the daytime version of GotG: Mission Breakout and the night time/Halloween version GotG: Monsters After Dark every evening with (more or less) the flip of a switch. So long as you have a ride/queue that is media/lighting/sound heavy (and rely less on practical effects) the switch could happen just as quickly. No reason you'd need to go crazy with Midway Mania's queue to convert it which means all you would really have to do is worry about the projections (which again could be switched more or less instantly). As it seems like Runaway Railway will also be VERY media heavy (even if it is being projected onto practical effects), one would imagine that a Halloween/Christmas overlay for that attraction could be switched on just as quickly.
It's easy enough to add decorations to the queue overnight, anyway. Look at Jingle Cruise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom