Can I still see the "old" Mickey?

Luckky

Original Poster
So as I can obviously see, there has been a new Mickey and Minnie costume design for a little while now. I've never been to a Disney Park, but will be going late next year.

I'd still really love to meet the "old" Mickey, the one that's been used the past couple decades. It's the one I've envisioned meeting my whole life.
Will there still be a way? I can see they're slowly changing every costume, which they have to do to maintain continuity, but how long will that take?

Are my chances of meeting "old" Mickey gone for good?

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes
So as I can obviously see, there has been a new Mickey and Minnie costume design for a little while now. I've never been to a Disney Park, but will be going late next year.

I'd still really love to meet the "old" Mickey, the one that's been used the past couple decades. It's the one I've envisioned meeting my whole life.
Will there still be a way? I can see they're slowly changing every costume, which they have to do to maintain continuity, but how long will that take?

Are my chances of meeting "old" Mickey gone for good?
If you meet him anywhere other than Magic Kingdom, yes. It is still the old look at Red Carpet Dreams, Character Spot, and Adventurer’s Outpost.

brb1006

The "Old" Mickey and Minnie are still around at WDW but still haven't fully rolled out yet though. Minnie is the only one that still has the old look at the other resorts in WDW.

Luckky

Original Poster
The "Old" Mickey and Minnie are still around at WDW but still haven't fully rolled out yet though. Minnie is the only one that still has the old look at the other resorts in WDW.

Do you have any idea when they will permanently be gone?

Goofyernmost

I thought I kept up with what was going on at Disney, but, I am at a loss on this one. Can someone explain, briefly, what we are talking about concerning the "new look". I must have been out sick the day we covered that.

brb1006

I thought I kept up with what was going on at Disney, but, I am at a loss on this one. Can someone explain, briefly, what we are talking about concerning the "new look". I must have been out sick the day we covered that.
Mickey and Minnie gotten a new head back when Shanghai Disney Resort opened in the Summer 2016 which soon started rolling around Disneyland (Except Mickey and the Magical Map) and Disneyland Paris following it's 25th Anniversary. Hong Kong is the latest that rolled out the heads.

C2hVetnUAAA6Zsw.jpg

Meanwhile Walt Disney World started using the new heads first at Mickey's Ounce Upon A Christmas Time Parade and the new Christmas show last year and recently they replaced the Talking Mickey head with the redesigned head a few months ago. However the "old" heads are still in use at the other Disney Parks and Resorts and hadn't been used for the "Boo To You Parade" of this year. Even more confusing is that the new Mickey and Minnie heads have started showing up in promotional photos and videos for Walt Disney World in mid 2016 despite not fully being rolled out. And Walt Disney World is taking a painfully long time doing this since it's been over a year at this point. Tokyo is also the only non US Disney Park left that still uses the old heads everywhere.

Goofyernmost

Thanks for the info. I am having a hard time thinking anything about it. None of it is that much different and when you consider how much Mickey heads have changed over the years, it seems to be almost no change at all. But, if you guys say they are different then before... I'll take your word for it.

brb1006

Thanks for the info. I am having a hard time thinking anything about it. None of it is that much different and when you consider how much Mickey heads have changed over the years, it seems to be almost no change at all. But, if you guys say they are different then before... I'll take your word for it.
The only notable differences is the clothing pattern and eye shape

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom