Trip Report No Sounds Like Summer? We'll JOURNEY Anyway! *COMPLETED*

It was this week last summer that @TrolleyFollower91 and I had an epic girls trip to WDW.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...e-july-journey-completed.917246/#post-7369605

On our first day we rocked to the music of DSB ~ the ultimate Journey tribute band ~ at the America Gardens Theater in Epcot. It was an event we'll always remember. DSB was the final band in the annual "Sounds Like Summer" concert series. The lead singer said the band was looking forward to returning next summer.

IMG_1332.JPG

And here we are.....it's "next summer."

But there has been no "Sounds Like Summer" concert series in 2017. :(
No DSB. :arghh:

Don't. Stop. Believin'.

Em and I refuse to go our Separate Ways. We have too much fun together. We have one last chance to do WDW together before school starts and by golly we're gonna do it....even without DSB.

Want to tag along?

Attempting a full-fledged LIVE trip report is daunting and difficult, so I decided to follow @TheMouseFan's lead and be LIVE-ish. Real time pics and updates to be expanded on after my return home.

Oh, and I will finish my currently-in-progress trip report. :D

Who's ready for Summer #2?
IMG_3160.JPG

We are!!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@Tuvalu , your departing photos of the GMR made me sad. So many beautiful sets in there (my favorite was always the Wizard of Oz section). Looking at your photos, it really hit home the quality of that attraction, and what we'll never see again. To me, the GMR was the focal point of DHS. And it's not just the loss of attractions there, it's a park without a defined purpose anymore.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'll have to second that!! 6-26-10 :inlove:

It's an excellent month!

I concur, June is an amazing month! My b-day is on D-day!

That's my anniversary too.
Let’s hear it for June.....Hip, Hip, HOORAY!! :D

That dinner at the GMR sounded very cool! Does Disney still do things like that?
Not that I know of. :(

@Tuvalu , your departing photos of the GMR made me sad. So many beautiful sets in there (my favorite was always the Wizard of Oz section). Looking at your photos, it really hit home the quality of that attraction, and what we'll never see again. To me, the GMR was the focal point of DHS. And it's not just the loss of attractions there, it's a park without a defined purpose anymore.
I wholeheartedly agree with you!

Cetta

late to the party but so happy to be here! June is my favorite month! My birthday 6/6, my husband's birthday 6/14, and our wedding anniversary 6/23. I was hoping for June babies but they both came in mid July. I am actually really looking forward to taking my son to see Indiana Jones...he loves action. I am sad my kids will never experience GMR. It was my husband's favorite ride on our last trip. Both my kids love dryer lint, just like me. We actually shared a bag on Sunday haha.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
After exiting Indy, Em and I headed towards Sunset Blvd. I had arranged our three fastpasses so that we could go directly from one to the next. I saw a Photopass CM without a line (unusual for a busy afternoon) so we stopped.

The fact there was no line should have tipped us off.

Can you say odd photographer?

I have read comments about “awkward” Photopass shots but after seeing some, the pictures typically aren’t as bad as the subjects think they are.

That was about to change.

It wasn’t until the photos appeared in my MDE account that Em and I decided the photographer must have previously worked for the DMV.

Cause this little beauty just screams DRIVERS LICENSE! (Or Passport, take your pick.)

0FE7331F-F725-4DF2-9D5D-E069239B9373.jpeg

Hers was the good one. A close up of a 50-something mouth is not a pretty sight and I will not subject anyone but my dentist to it.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
ur·ban leg·end
ˈərbən ˈlejənd/
noun
  1. a humorous or horrific story or piece of information circulated as though true, especially one purporting to involve someone vaguely related or known to the teller.

I want to state again for the record:
I DID NOT STEAL CANDY FROM A BABY.

And without throwing @DisneyBound2017 under the bus, I did go in search of dryer lint (some would call it “cotton candy”) because she dared me to try it. Ok ~ “dared” is too strong of a word. Her exact words: “I hope to see a picture of you both sampling the dryer lint!!!”

So I aim to please.
56F5DD2B-1A2E-47B5-8FD4-222B703B26A4.jpeg

My one little innocent taste has taken on a life of its’ own. Fake news has become urban legend.

See what happens when you take a detour while on your way to your next fastpass?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
91B4A68D-A036-47FD-AAEB-DD15AB503340.jpeg

Interesting.....there is no Stand By wait time posted.

Why?

No standby guests were allowed in line. :eek:
344B1C35-71D4-4013-A346-669D585EDD1E.jpeg

We decided the ride was probably down earlier and a backup of FP guests required a temporary closure of the standby queue.

62EC1BE5-E73B-4E4D-AEFA-4A4384193F04.jpeg

Who’s scared? Certainly not the gals in front!
8005663C-1A37-4337-BAFA-05559A994AE4.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom