Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
"We were snogging in the lift until the bobby with the torch showed up to ask about the lorry, which had me crisps in it."

In American:

We were kissing <pew! pew!> in the elevator <pew! pew!> until the cop with the flashlight showed up <pew! pew!> to ask about the truck <pew! pew!> which had my potato chips in <pew! pew!>.

bclane

Mexican and Spanish are two separate things
Next your gonna tell me that Taco Bell isn't Hispanic food. Lol! Anyway, I very recently had a conversation with a Puerto Rican co-worker who was lamenting to me that to some people, anyone who speaks Spanish is Mexican. So you know, to these people you have your Puerto Rican Mexicans and your Cuban Mexicans and your Mexican Mexicans, etc. smh! Anyway, having a Spanish mother and growing up in Miami, I get it, even though my dad's side of the family is as white as it gets.

Cesar R M

Well, there's Castilian Spanish, which is what is spoken in mainland Spain, with the lisp and all that, which is a bit removed from the Spanish spoken in Mexico and the rest of Central and South America. It's not all that different from French and Quebecois French.
You both correct.
Because Mexico has a ton of specified words, insults, double value words, alburs and other variations that makes us very different from other nations that speak spanish.

Cesar R M

Taco Bell
As a Mexican.. trust me... It isnt..... NOT EVEN CLOSE.
Taco Bell is a weird mixture of mexican recipes made by americans using texmex flavors and american fastfood techniques.

Anyway, I very recently had a conversation with a Puerto Rican co-worker who was lamenting to me that to some people, anyone who speaks Spanish is Mexican. So you know, to these people you have your Puerto Rican Mexicans and your Cuban Mexicans and your Mexican Mexicans, etc. smh! Anyway, having a Spanish mother and growing up in Miami, I get it, even though my dad's side of the family is as white as it gets.

I see this all the time.
Anyone who remotely looks latino is suddenly an "illegal mexican".

Funny thing is that in the states of California, Arizona and Texas.. there were Mexicans who have been and have ancestry of all their life living in the area (aka from before Mexico was forced to sell the land to the US)

So Stitches Great Escape will become a Mexican restaurant?

He used to burp Spicy stuff..
So take it up a notch. Make him offer Mexican spicy stuff.

bclane

Taco Bell is a weird mixture of mexican recipes made by americans using texmex flavors and american fastfood techniques.

I see this all the time.
Anyone who remotely looks latino is suddenly an "illegal mexican".

Funny thing is that in the states of California, Arizona and Texas.. there were Mexicans who have been and have ancestry of all their life living in the area (aka from before Mexico was forced to sell the land to the US)

He used to burp Spicy stuff..
So take it up a notch. Make him offer Mexican spicy stuff.
I couldn't agree more. One of my best friends growing up was 1/2 Columbian, 1/2 Mexican. Her mom was 100% Mexican, raised in Mexico... and I practically lived at their house just so that I could eat her mom's cooking. Taco Bell isn't even in the same universe as real Mexican food. Taco Bell isn't even real food imo. lol! However, my kids love it for whatever reason and are always begging to stop and get a "Mexican" pizza of all things.

bclane

So I have read all of this forum and I could almost sum it up in one sentence.
Stitch's Great Escape will be replaced with Snow White's Scary Mexican Reck it Ralph River Rapids featuring Stitch.
Am I getting this right?
Sounds about right to me. This is gonna turn out to be the greatest ride ever!

TwilightZone

Taco Bell is awful imo. It just doesn't taste right. If I were getting fast food tacos, I'd rather go to del taco. But nothing beats the real, authentic thing (or homemade ).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom