Black Panther

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
upload_2017-10-16_18-30-33.png

erasure fan1

I loved panther in civil war, and was excited for the movie. The only problem is that I'm really not impressed with what I've seen so far. I know I'm in the minority here but there is something that is just not clicking with me in the trailers. I'll be there opening weekend because they have earned my trust

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
‘Black Panther’ Poised to Shatter a Hollywood Myth

Kevin Feige, president of Marvel Studios, and Alan H. Horn, Disney’s movie chairman, were eager to make “Black Panther.” But it was ultimately Mr. Iger who pushed the movie ahead, overruling those who worried that it would not generate adequate sales of related toys.
“It became a company initiative as led by Bob,” Mr. Feige said. “He holds a lot of sway, as you might imagine.” (“Black Panther,” for the record, ended up with the largest merchandise line ever for a Marvel nonsequel.)
Asked how Mr. Iger has communicated that message about diversity — in meetings? by royal decree? — Mr. Feige responded, “It’s a combination.”

Californian Elitist

Saw the movie last night with some girlfriends at the El Cap in Hollywood. I’m not going to lie, I loved being surrounded by so many fellow Black movie-goers. We yelled, clapped, and cheered together. This is my favorite Marvel film, no doubt. So much Black excellence and beauty in 2.5 hours! Black Panther not only entertained me, but it made me reflect on my history and culture. It nearly brought me to tears. It also made reminded me of why I’m a proud Californian, which wasn’t expected. I’ve wanted to visit the Motherland since forever, but now my desire has intensified. I need to get to Africa, STAT.

I’m already making plans to see this again this weekend.

P.S. I forgot to mention, Winston Duke, who plays M’Baku, made a surprise appearance at the El Capitan.😍😍😍

Last edited:

DisneyJayL

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Saw the movie last night with some girlfriends at the El Cap in Hollywood. I’m not going to lie, I loved being surrounded by so many fellow Black movie-goers. We yelled, clapped, and cheered together. This is my favorite Marvel film, no doubt. So much Black excellence and beauty in 2.5 hours! Black Panther not only entertained me, but it made me reflect on my history and culture. It nearly brought me to tears. It also made reminded me of why I’m a proud Californian, which wasn’t expected. I’ve wanted to visit the Motherland since forever, but now my desire has intensified. I need to get to Africa, STAT.

I’m already making plans to see this again this weekend.

P.S. I forgot to mention, Winston Duke, who plays M’Baku, made a surprise appearance at the El Capitan.😍😍😍
Brotha glad to here you enjoy yourself. Can’t wait.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom