Perfect birthday dining?

Mainahman

Original Poster
We have decided to put together a last minute "family distress" trip in march of 2018. This week chosen puts my birthday mid trip. My wife and daughter have told me to pick out where I want to eat that day/night. Any suggestions? Nothing too fancy, just looking for best experience etc. Was considering a sit down meal at a country in epcot, and or at the beauty and the beast, but we keep a variety of fish at home, how is the coral reef?

zurgandfriend

For a memorable experience, I recommend Whispering Canyon and let your server know it is your birthday.

We were underwhelmed by the Coral Reef nice surroundings the food was meh, but that could have been us. For seafood, we enjoyed The Flying Fish at the Boardwalk and the Blue Zoo at the Dolphin more.

For countries, we enjoy Rose & Crown or Beirgarten. Our “go-to” places for birthdays are California Grill, Yachtsman or Shula’s

dreamfinder

Personally I start with afternoon drinks at Trader Sams and then meander over to the GF for dinner at V&A. Unfortunately, that wouldn't meet your nothing too fancy request though.

It's your birthday, what do you like?

Was considering a sit down meal at a country in epcot, and or at the beauty and the beast, but we keep a variety of fish at home, how is the coral reef?

The Coral Reef you are paying for location. Seafood over at bluezoo in the Dolphin should be much better.

What about yak and yeti? And or via Napoli?

I may be in the minority, I found Yak & Yeti to be a notch above mall Chinese, although better than the Chinese in Epcot. Via Napoli is pretty good.

Courtney6682

I ate at Coral Reef for the first time this past August. While the atmosphere is neat, nothing else stood out for us, so we'd probably never return.

What about Teppan Edo? Hibachi places are always fun for b-days if you have kids with you...

Last edited:

Hockey89

Personally I start with afternoon drinks at Trader Sams and then meander over to the GF for dinner at V&A. Unfortunately, that wouldn't meet your nothing too fancy request though.

It's your birthday, what do you like?

The Coral Reef you are paying for location. Seafood over at bluezoo in the Dolphin should be much better.

I may be in the minority, I found Yak & Yeti to be a notch above mall Chinese, although better than the Chinese in Epcot. Via Napoli is pretty good.
You are definitely in the minority bc that is ridiculous...

dreamfinder

Very simple, Dan.... Yak Yeti is more than a small step up from Panda Box in Malls... It's ridiculous

Compared to other Asian restaurants (not just Chinese) I frequent, included restaurants my friends who lived in/are from China/Asia have recommended/taken me too, it's a step up from the mall and that's it. Not bad food, but definitely not worth the love some people give it.

larandtra

Birthdays at Disney can be a blast and a birthday meal is always a lot of fun. I dont think there is a decent Asian restaurant on the property anywhere, and Im including Morimoto because it is so hit or miss and the prices do not offer a good value. Via Napoli is a fun atmosphere for a family and the food is usually consistent, while Tutto Italia is a bit more upscale. If you want fun for a family and decent but not higher priced restaurant, Try Boma, Raglan Road, Splitsville, Beaches and Cream, Whispering Canyon, Kona Cafe, or even Ohana.

Rapunzel287

Ha, interesting topic!
We'll also be there in March 2018 with my husbands birthday to celebrate and I still can't decide with restaurant / bar to go to... So: I'm following along this conversation :D

larandtra

If its an adult trip here is what we did on a trip. Keep in mind it involves a lot of hopping for drinks and eating apps and so forth along the way.
Start the morning at Epcot and hit Rose and Crown Pub, Tutto, and the tequila bar in Mexico along the way. Leave and take a bus to Wilderness lodge and go to Geyser Point. Enjoy some drinks and a sandwich or apps. at 3 leave there and head to the Poly. Sams opens at 4, be in line, get in and have a drink or two and enjoy the atmosphere. Make sure to get a signature drink. Take a Bus to Springs. Should be there by 6 or so. Have dinner and drinks at Raglan Road, Homecoming, or Splitsville. Should have some time to walk around and get a couple more drinks at various places ( we like Dockside margaritas, the Outside Moonshine Bar at Homecoming, Hole in the Wall at Raglan, Jock Lindseys, or the porch bar at House of blues. Get a bus to Port Orleans riverside and finish the night off with Bob at River Roost..OR take the bus to Boardwalk and go to Jellyrolls. Its a lot of bouncing around, but, outside of Abracadabar, Nomad Lounge, and a couple of the quieter lounges in resorts, you would hit some of the best drinking and lounge places all with great but varied atmospheres and there is plenty of food along the way. Just dont ggo overboard at every place and get fall down druink. Then you dont enjoy it. Just enjoy the atmospheres and the various drinks. Ones I would suggest: Fire and Cider at Rose and Crown, Italian Margarita at Tutto Gusto, Habanero Margarita at the Tequila Bar in Mexico, Black Cherry Mule at Geyser Point, The Nautilus or Dark and Stormy at Trader Sams, Sweet Teashine or MuleShine at Homecoming, Iced Irish, Irish Iced tea, or Blood Orange Bourbon at Raglan, Basil Gimlet at Splitsville, Reggies Revenge, Scottish Professor, or Air Pirates Mule at Jock Lindseys, and finally Sazerac or Ramos Fizz at River Roost. Lots and lots of fun if done responsibly

Mainahman

Original Poster
my daughter is 18 so its still considered a family trip. we are a run around the world type of family. so we just one one nice, yet family friendly. Ive thought about pizza in Italy, or the sci fi drive in lately..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom