What pets outside of dogs should WDW allow in Hotel rooms?

What pets outside of dogs should WDW allow in Hotel rooms?

• Fish

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • cats

Votes: 42 22.7%
  • Hamsters

• Birds

• Snakes

Votes: 12 6.5%
  • rabbits

Votes: 13 7.0%
  • iguana

Votes: 10 5.4%
  • crabs

Votes: 17 9.2%
  • other - Means outside of dogs and outside of the potential pets already mentioned

Votes: 12 6.5%
  • None

Votes: 122 65.9%

• Total voters

wdwfan4ver

Original Poster
I am doing this poll since WDW are allowing dogs at 4 WDW hotels starting October 15th.

You can select all the answers in the poll if you want.

Me personally, I would say none. My reasons are most of the pets can't be into inside a WDW theme park, and I had people feed my fish while I was gone on a trip.

Last edited:

Musical Mermaid

None, but I mean no pets whatsoever, not even the dogs. Yeah, true service animals should be allowed, but it would be nice if Disney had rooms set aside for animals, similar to how there were rooms for smoking and non-smoking. I have a pet, I don’t expect everyone to accommodate my pet. She is more comfortable at home and if I could afford to take a vacation, I could afford to have someone look after her while I’m away from home.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Unless it's a proper service animal, get someone to watch your pets at home.
The law does not define "proper". Neither should Disney. Intolerance is a small demographic in the USA but the voices of intolerance are loud. We are as nation are slow to the party from marriage to pets. I am continually amazed by how we get ourselves in a knot by the smallest of issues. A gay couple, nor a dog has zero impact on my Disney vacation. I don't grasp the need to zero in on irrelevant things. We are in a strange place right now in our nation with who should have health insurance, who should be in our military, what is proper, what is not by judgmental standards. Intolerance is rampant by a small but loud demographic and an equally small demographic that what wants to define what is proper and improper by their singular attitudes. Then again I was born in an era where my folks had to search for an apartment that would accept Lord forbid 'children' and people of 'color' oh my! So it doesn't surprise me that many freak out over a dog. I am baffled by those who waste their time wanting to define for others what is proper and improper.

There are bomb sniffing dogs at airports and all sorts of places including WDW. Ultimately guests survive So a non issue. I was at the Wilderness Lodge during Irma. Many a pet took refuge at the Lodge during the hurricane. It went well. It is now mandated by law so owners do not have to abandon pets in emergency situations. I have never traveled with my pets but I have yet to see witness any horrid situations either. Thoughts if pets in hotels was an issue it wouldn't be a growing acceptance. Our military utilizes dogs, our police do. Still some freak out.

Last edited:

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
The law does not define "proper". Neither should Disney. Intolerance is a small demographic in the USA but the voices of intolerance are loud. We are as nation are slow to the party from marriage to pets. I am continually amazed by how we get ourselves in a knot by the smallest of issues. A gay couple, nor a dog has zero impact on my Disney vacation. I don't grasp the need to zero in on irrelevant things. We are in a strange place right now in our nation with who should have health insurance, who should be in our military, what is proper, what is not by judgmental standards. Intolerance is rampant by a small but loud demographic and an equally small demographic that what wants to define what is proper and improper by their singular attitudes. Then again I was born in an era where my folks had to search for an apartment that would accept Lord forbid 'children' and people of 'color' oh my! So it doesn't surprise me that many freak out over a dog. I am baffled by those who waste their time wanting to define for others what is proper and improper.

There are bomb sniffing dogs at airports and all sorts of places including WDW. Ultimately guests survive So a non issue
I think a lot of the issue is with the fact that service dogs are trained properly and there will be guests that bring dogs of all sorts of temperaments and levels of obedience. Personally I think there must be a way to make this work as other establishments already do.
Would I bring my pet if I lived in the States ? No, but I understand other people would.
Will this be a success ? Not sure, it depends how Disney handles it.

Matt_Black

The law does not define "proper".

No, but people know the difference. If your animal is trained to keep you from having an accident, like the dogs who are trained to put themselves under someone's head during a seizure to prevent head injury, that's fine. If you got your little tea cup dog certified because of a loophole that you're knowingly exploiting, you should be ashamed of yourself.

KraftServices

I've stayed at hotels that allow pets before. It's really not a huge issue. It's definitely less stressful for the dog to stay in your hotel room with you than to keep it in the various park kennels.

I would think small caged animals that you are certain will not escape would be fine, birds would be a no because they can be loud and messy, cats would be iffy since they're prone to destruction but also I do get why you'd being a cat with you on vacation, since cats can be huge jerks to people when they come back after being awhile.

And they already do allow dogs in Fort Wilderness, you don't even have to be on the pet loop (there's different rules of you aren't, though), with no problems. Maybe it's just me but some of these comments are acting like allowing dogs in some of the hotels is just going to cause the whole park to be overrun with misbehaving dogs, everywhere you look, rather than the more likely handful of dogs in some places.

grnflash

There are bomb sniffing dogs at airports and all sorts of places including WDW. Ultimately guests survive So a non issue. I was at the Wilderness Lodge during Irma. Many a pet took refuge at the Lodge during the hurricane. It went well. It is now mandated by law so owners do not have to abandon pets in emergency situations. I have never traveled with my pets but I have yet to see witness any horrid situations either. Thoughts if pets in hotels was an issue it wouldn't be a growing acceptance. Our military utilizes dogs, our police do. Still some freak out.
Who's really the one worked up here? Simply having an opinion is not being intolerant and taking a single word out of context does not make it so.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Hedgehogs

Only if it's this guy

Sonic_modern_and_classic_designs.png

graphite1326

I like dogs. I don't own one. Nor do I want one. Here is why. When I go over to someone house who has an inside dog, I know it a soon as I enter the house. You can smell them. Also, I don't care how trained they are, the still have accidents. So now I am walking in it. That's what I think about while I am there. So when I am looking for a hotel anywhere, I look and see if they are pet friendly and if they are I look elsewhere. So I will not be using the resorts than allow dogs.

I know a lot of you dog lovers will be up in arms about this but this is how I feel and any negative reply post is not going to change that.

Last edited:

DanielleOG

Having dogs at the resorts works well in theory. The issue is this: not everyone's dog is well-behaved, not everyone's dog will be quiet, no one can get back to the resort in half an hour, and not everyone's dog will be able to make it to the relief areas in time. It will be impossible for all of these rules to be followed by everyone, and every dog, every time. I love dogs, but wouldn't want to stay at a resort with them which is why I would stay at anyone but the four and that's totally fine by me. I think it would suck to come home at night after a long day in the parks and accidentally step in some dog poop. Because again, not everyone will probably clean up after their dogs. I do feel bad for people with allergies as well, being on the magical express with a dog.

DLR92

I would freak out to bring any cats with me traveling. I have cats being absolutly terrified of being in a car, being terrified of chickens, why should I bring a cat to me on vacation. LOL.

Reptiles need to stay in their enclosure, where they would be happy! I keep turtles and lizard, I cannot imagine bringing a snake either. I would be stressed to be traveling with a reptile too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom