2017 NCAA Football Thread

Dad 2 M & M

At least the vast conspiracy against the SEC has rested for a weekend......

They must have forgotten FSU wasn't supposed to win at all this year as Bama can't have a quality win....winless FSU wouldn't help Bama

Georgia puppies look legit....should move to at least #6 with USC losing...USC is a West coast version of Georgia....can Georgia lose to Florida AGAIN this year?

Auburn...NCAA needs to be careful to rank them in the Top 10...can't give Georgia and Bama a possible quality win on their schedule...Auburn is all that is left with LSU/MSU falling.....

Texas A & M ? .... wait...they lost to a Pac10 team....never mind

USC - how far do they drop? 8?

Bama DOES NOT look as good as the scoreboard suggests and has holes, gaping holes on the DL......

Who is #1......#1 gets choice of Playoff Bowl......Bama and Clemson want to go to the Sugar Bowl....#2 goes to the Rose Bowl......then back to ATL......this year it REALLY matters who is #1....

Currently - Sugar = Bama/Penn State, Rose = Clemson/Oklahoma

It's early and wide open my peeps

21stamps

Original Poster

They must have forgotten FSU wasn't supposed to win at all this year as Bama can't have a quality win....winless FSU wouldn't help Bama

Georgia puppies look legit....should move to at least #6 with USC losing...USC is a West coast version of Georgia....can Georgia lose to Florida AGAIN this year?

Auburn...NCAA needs to be careful to rank them in the Top 10...can't give Georgia and Bama a possible quality win on their schedule...Auburn is all that is left with LSU/MSU falling.....

Bama DOES NOT look as good as the scoreboard suggests and has holes, gaping holes on the DL......

Who is #1......#1 gets choice of Playoff Bowl......Bama and Clemson want to go to the Sugar Bowl....#2 goes to the Rose Bowl......then back to ATL......this year it REALLY matters who is #1....

Even though I hate OSU's L on their record.. this is one of the most football exciting seasons in a LONG time!!

First of all- Look at the U!!! They're coming back up.

Second of all, there are no clear runaways this season. Like you said, it's wide open.

21stamps

Original Poster
Well sorry for being gone for a while, with work and then a Hurricane and work its been a bit busy. However I was able to make it out to the Florida games this past week and OMG what an ending. I was right there in the end zone where the touchdown was made. The place just blew up...

On another note I'm looking forward to 2018... I can go to my first Alabama game when they come to Orlando to play Louisville. I've seen a lot of talk about Vandy and Bama and I just laugh. I mean I know any given Saturday anything can happen but I don't see Vandy coming out alive.

My Gators are headed to KY... 30 years we have come out on top, but this weekend will be hard we are not playing as a team yet and so much work to be done. We still have lots of suspended players.

I'm glad to hear you are ok after the hurricane!

Still hate the Gators though :)
I had to log off of FB that day because I couldn't handle my obnoxious UF friends.

Can't wait for next Saturday. Night game in Blacksburg with defending champs coming to town.

You just brought me back to being 19years old.. I loved attending games in Blacksburg!

Well this sucks, thats the 2nd QB we've lost in 3 games this year.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...d-terrapins-quarterback-kasim-hill-the-season

See my earlier comments in this thread about OSU and their QB troubles a few years ago.. ya know, the year they became champs with a 3rd string QB in the mix. Don't give up yet!

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
That 3rd stringer we have managed to beat Minnesota with less than a minute and a half to go so...on to Ohio State we go!

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No

”Gaping holes on the DL” funniest thing I’ve seen all day.

21stamps

Original Poster
This was the BEST weekend in College Football in a long time!!!

I'm absolutely lovin' this season.. to echo others- there's not any clear paths to the championship this year.. it's wide open.

Oh, and.... How about that U!!!!!!!!!

I was jumping up and down, literally!
Sorry @LAKid53 , @JohnD , and @AquaDuck ..
I'd like to have more grace in the situation.. but I am too ecstatic!!!! Finally!!!!!!!!

21stamps

Original Poster
Let the upsets keep coming.. it's great to watch! (As long as an upset doesn't include an L for OSU again ;) )

For the record, I don't like Iowa State's post game flag antics any more than I did when Oklahoma did it. I don't want to see such unsportsmanlike conduct becoming a trend.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
There's no other way to say it, Seminoles suck this season. 2-4 record. In danger of going bowl-less this year. Will be 1st time since 1982. Jimbo gets into shouting match with fan after game. *hangs head in shame*

But my Dodgers won in epic fashion Thursday night - note the avatar update.

Woo hoo! Think Blue!!!!

Hinwill

There's no other way to say it, Seminoles suck this season. 2-4 record. In danger of going bowl-less this year. Will be 1st time since 1982.

With the FSU loss and VT being bowl elligible, we now have the longest active bowl steak.

However, the ACC needs a strong FSU back next year.

LAKid53

Premium Member
The only remaining team on our schedule I'm confident of a win is Delaware State.

Can we beat Boston College Friday? Can we beat Clemson, much less the team that beat Clemson? And Florida.....

The last time it was this bad was Bobby's 1st season as coach in 1976 (yeah, I go back that far). At least we oldies won't be staring at another 1-10.....

Think about it Noles, we currently have the same number of wins as the other university in town....

About that "issue" yesterday. While Jimbo shouldn't have lost his cool - he's supposed to be the adult - I also have problems with that piece of garbage student who stood there, sign in hand, taunting the head coach after a humiliating loss. And the students standing there, egging him on, filming the confrontation and then going on Twitter telling the moron he should have gone onto the field and taken on the coach, because that's what they would have done. Did you, Jason, not stop once to think not only did Jimbo hear this, but so did those 18, 19, 20 year old kids - YOUR fellow students - who go out there every Saturday and get their bodies battered and bruised for your enjoyment? How do you think THEY felt after that game and then see you screaming at their coach and the video one of your buddies uploaded to Twitter? Trust me, if you'd had been foolish enough to take on Jimbo (if the cop trying to get you to leave had let you), those players would have taken care of you. I wouldn't want to get into an altercation with a 230 lb back in full pads... And Jimbo apologized, well kinda. And you?

A colleague who became a good friend was the one of the centers that season we got shut out by Wake Forest in the rain. I talked to him about that. He and the team were distraught to say the least. But what made it worse, he told me, was the negative comments of the fans, especially his fellow students, as they left the stadium.

So yeah, Jimbo was classless. But so was Jason, who somehow decided it would be appropriate and cool to taunt him, in front of his players, after a defeat. Got news for you Jason, very few of us are happy right now. We all want to see the team improve. We all realize that some coaching changes need to be made. But most of us have more respect for those kids out on that field playing their hearts out than you demonstrated yesterday...and apparently yesterday wasn't the first time you did this. And many of us have paid for that stadium, coaches and team every year through our season tickets, donations and Booster memberships. Significantly more than you pay.

Sorry, had to vent.

LAKid53

Premium Member
So, will the Noles win Friday night?

It's an away game... Since we apparently can't win in Doak, maybe. Our 2 wins have been on the road, excluding 'Bama. If that's the case, then we can beat Clemson and UF. Nah.....

And Friday's game is the main feature of the Seminoles at Sea cruise on the Dream. My apologies in advance to the non-Nole passengers on the Dream for this weekend's sailing. There may be a lot of drunk, very unhappy Seminoles on your ship.

G8rchamps

So, will the Noles win Friday night?

It's an away game... Since we apparently can't win in Doak, maybe. Our 2 wins have been on the road, excluding 'Bama. If that's the case, then we can beat Clemson and UF. Nah.....

And Friday's game is the main feature of the Seminoles at Sea cruise on the Dream. My apologies in advance to the non-Nole passengers on the Dream for this weekend's sailing. There may be a lot of drunk, very unhappy Seminoles on your ship.
Gators need wins against S Carolina, Mizzu, and UAB. Might need to beat you to be bowl eligible. Not good for either team this season. I do feel bad for Jimbo getting baited into that...and he did try to defend the players. Talk radio in Gainesville is so bad I've basically stopped listening.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Gators need wins against S Carolina, Mizzu, and UAB. Might need to beat you to be bowl eligible. Not good for either team this season. I do feel bad for Jimbo getting baited into that...and he did try to defend the players. Talk radio in Gainesville is so bad I've basically stopped listening.

I was probably one of the few in town who thought the kid was out of line.

I stopped listening to sports talk radio years ago.

GeoDonJac34

I was at the Penn State white out game against Michigan, what a crazy atmosphere. I had a good feeling they would win that one. This week, not so much, OSU is solid , better then Michigan. I will be on day one of Disney trip Saturday following game on phone. I guess, if they lose, it will help a little being on a Dis trip.

21stamps

Original Poster
I was at the Penn State white out game against Michigan, what a crazy atmosphere. I had a good feeling they would win that one. This week, not so much, OSU is solid , better then Michigan. I will be on day one of Disney trip Saturday following game on phone. I guess, if they lose, it will help a little being on a Dis trip.

I was at Disney for OSU’s blackout game 2 years ago.. and for the OSU Mich game last year. Team gear on.. watched the game.. went out afterwards. So much fun!!! People high fiving and joking all around.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom