Two "apparent" budget cuts noticed...

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
How do you know this is a result of budget cuts? Do you have facts from Disney that they decided to reduce the number of boats on the lagoon? Was it maybe a result of maintenance on a boat reducing the inventory of available boats? Was there something wrong with one of the docks that could not be repaired during the operating day. Was it all day, was it just part of the day, for an hour? Maybe they had a CM call in sick at the last minute and hadn't had time to get an alternate appropriately trained CM in to take on the role?

I don't understand why some feel the need to jump to such a negative title without any facts at all just because it's Disney.

Because if you had all the facts, you'd have nothing to fake outrage over.

Disney-Trains

Original Poster
[QUOTE="MisterPenguin, post: 7928661, member: 109956]
And if one set of docks is being refurbed, then they can only run one line. That is not a budget cut because they physically can't run the second line because of the refurb.

In fact, a refurb shows they're spending money to fix things up. It's the opposite of a budge cut.[/QUOTE]

Hasn't it been confirmed that 1 boat is typical now even without dock refurbishment?

Disney-Trains

Original Poster
Well... Do you think its not true? I'm not here to argue with anyone.... Nor am I doom and gloom.. I had a great time at Disney for a few days.

I noticed two things that would appear to me to be budget cuts. No one has been able to prove that's not the case... But I'm not here to prove or not to prove.... Im here to discuss!

DisneyOutsider

Well... Do you think its not true? I'm not here to argue with anyone.... Nor am I doom and gloom.. I had a great time at Disney for a few days.

I noticed two things that would appear to me to be budget cuts. No one has been able to prove that's not the case... But I'm not here to prove or not to prove.... Im here to discuss!
You've received some fairly reasonable and thorough explanations as to why neither of these things are budget cuts.

The burden of proof is not on others to disprove your purely speculative claim.

Disney-Trains

Original Poster
Im not asking anyone to prove anything. I still believe those 2 things are the results of budget cuts. I'm not sure what thorough explanation I've gotten beyond the docks being worked on.... That only explains why those 2 docks were closed, not why there is only 1 boat running on a regular basis now, as others have said is the standard.

I'm totally willing to say the boat thing may be old news and I just noticed it with the larger crowds. But it's still a cut if 1 boat is standard...

As to Mickey WDW magic seemed to confirm that the meet and greet is running at 1/2 capacity these days... Which seems about right, if yesterday the wait had been 60 minutes that would seem about right for the crowds.

NearTheEars

Maybe I’ll head over with a notepad this weekend to report back on things that appear to be cuts. Should be fun. Who needs attractions?

WDW Eric

Im not asking anyone to prove anything. I still believe those 2 things are the results of budget cuts. I'm not sure what thorough explanation I've gotten beyond the docks being worked on.... That only explains why those 2 docks were closed, not why there is only 1 boat running on a regular basis now, as others have said is the standard.

I'm totally willing to say the boat thing may be old news and I just noticed it with the larger crowds. But it's still a cut if 1 boat is standard...

As to Mickey WDW magic seemed to confirm that the meet and greet is running at 1/2 capacity these days... Which seems about right, if yesterday the wait had been 60 minutes that would seem about right for the crowds.

The standard practice for the Mickey M&G is 4 total rooms with 2 operating. The schedules are made 4-6 weeks in advance for projected crowds.

As for the friendship boats, there will be 2 boats operating once the refurb is completed. There has not been a reduction to a single boat at any time when not in refurb.

Also, I don't mean to be antagonistic, but it would seem odd that a CM 'onstage' would openly admit to you that budget cuts were the reason for a long wait time.

Sonic Sunglasses

Im not asking anyone to prove anything. I still believe those 2 things are the results of budget cuts.
And you shouldn't be asking anyone to prove your claims. That falls to you since you are the one who made them. Your unwillingness to do so thus far indicates you value your own subjective, unsubstantiated stance over any logical, reasoned alternative. Double-down all you like, cry wolf all you want to, it's not going to make you right. Only facts (which opinions are not) will do that.

Disney-Trains

Original Poster
so its standard practice to only use two of the 4 rooms at town square?

Not an argument... Just continueing the discussion

Last edited:

SpoiledBlueMilk

here for a quick trip this week and noticed the following...

- only 1 friendship boat operating at EPCOT from Germany to Mexico. No service from Morroco or Canada docks. This resulted, of course, in very long lines and standing room only on the one boat operating.

- 120 minute wait to meet Mickey mouse at Town Square yesterday at Magic Kingdom. The park was indeed packed (thanks to the back to back Halloween party days the two nights before I'm guessing) but I've never seen this kind of wait to meet Mickey even on New Years so I can only assume this was a budget cut (only one room open?).

And you know these results are due to budget cuts how? That's like saying my commute took longer than usual because of aliens.

No Name

Budget cuts isn't the same thing as budget shifting @Disney-Trains . Maybe they add entertainment at Germany or something, and get rid of a friendship boat, which both happen to cost the same amount. Is that a budget cut? No. But let's say it is... does that one small cut nearly outweigh the big increases that additions bring?

I see you've accomplished your longtime goal of finding one though, so I won't further ruin the moment.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom