The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

BAChicagoGal

My trip to the Apple Store went like this today. The technician did a diagnostic test on my phone and found nothing wrong. He then wiped my phone clean, and reinstalled the latest software. So far, so good. Hopefully it won't freeze again. It was nice to get out of the house. I was also able to pick up a new external CD drive for my iMac. My grandson borrowed mine, and he has had it so long, I told him to just keep it. His laptop does not have a CD dri So I killed two birds with one stone. My trip to the Apple Store took only 45 minutes going, but twice as long coming back.

Cesar R M

My trip to the Apple Store went like this today. The technician did a diagnostic test on my phone and found nothing wrong. He then wiped my phone clean, and reinstalled the latest software. So far, so good. Hopefully it won't freeze again. It was nice to get out of the house. I was also able to pick up a new external CD drive for my iMac. My grandson borrowed mine, and he has had it so long, I told him to just keep it. His laptop does not have a CD dri So I killed two birds with one stone. My trip to the Apple Store took only 45 minutes going, but twice as long coming back.
The "nothing wrong" always gets me.
as someone who has fixed a ton of computers.
I can tell you that how someone uses them can actually tell you whats wrong.
For example. I've seen computers that NEVER fail when I use them, but as soon my friends or my client does a very specific set of pushes, actions, etc.. the computer just crashes!. (could be software error..)
Other cases are outside interference.
For example, using X wifi causes the wifi card to report error and crash the entire computer. Or the power in a condo is different than in the office (power and signal quality), which could lead to instability.
Temperatures is another factor, as well as dirt and humidity.

Could be that your phone has certain part of the memory corrupted, but only reached the corruption when you were using it in the way you did (example, your phone as 16Gb ram, the way you run programs uses 15gb and the 15th GB is damaged, thus crashes). But The expert as efficient as he is, will probably run a standardized test that wont reach even half of the memory. thus it will look "fine" for them.

Only a big long deep scan (like those PRIME or memory scan tests for hours that test PC stability) can reveal real problems that are pretty hidden in a very specific part of a computer.

MySmallWorldof4

Good morning. Still dark here just after 5am. It was an all day rain out yesterday. I was actually happy not having rain for a few weeks because that meant the lawn didn't need to get cut. Rain all day yesterday and downpours during the night means that the grass will need to get cut. Well, here is hoping for the last cut of 2017.:rolleyes:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Good morning. Still dark here just after 5am. It was an all day rain out yesterday. I was actually happy not having rain for a few weeks because that meant the lawn didn't need to get cut. Rain all day yesterday and downpours during the night means that the grass will need to get cut. Well, here is hoping for the last cut of 2017.:rolleyes:
I'm hoping this weekend will be our last lawn cutting but I won't be too mad if it isn't because that will have meant it stayed warm enough to grow:D

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hubby wants to go. I don't care one way or the other. We will probably be going. Unless he needs to be seen again. I'm thinking maybe another Dr.'s visit is in order. But he will decide about the cruise and the Dr. visit.

I hope Mr. Bets will be feeling a bit better by the time the cruise date rolls around. Going on a cruise might be the best thing for the both of you, to get away from everything, and have a nice time. If he's not up to it, however, you can always reschedule for the future.

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Here's how to solve your problem for once and for all. There used to be a grass yard behind the house, but the landlord here hated yard work, so he hired a company to pour cement over it. Now it's a cement back yard and he threw out his lawnmower! :hilarious: :hilarious:

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Here's how to solve your problem for once and for all. There used to be a grass yard behind the house, but the landlord here hated yard work, so he hired a company to pour cement over it. Now it's a cement back yard and he threw out his lawnmower! :hilarious: :hilarious:
Or move further north .... You don't see eskimos cutting grass ;)

MySmallWorldof4

Hmmm. An acre of cement would probably cost more than a high powered lawn mower that could get the lawn done in 15 minutes. Although if I coax DH into getting an in-ground pool that will decrease the amount of grass.;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom