So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 15: Uniting Universal (Official Hub Thread)

D Hulk

Has anyone seen the film Sing? I think @D Hindley was the one who originally suggested it as part of Illumination Station.

Reason why I'm asking is because I'm working on the layout for the land and was thinking of using the theater as the facade and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for how to present the show -- animatronics? Or puppets with live actors?
635826981003985363-sing-poster.jpg
I seen Sing. Could be a 4D show. Have the theater collapse around the animals while they're perform. That theater should definitely be a big land facade.

Did some thinking on F&F Turbo Drive last night. Hope to get some time soon to write something up.

D Hulk

:eek:
For some reason, I wasn't getting updates from this thread all day, thought we were all relaxing (or creating trip reports). Nope! Tons to look over.

It all looks good, and truly impressive for such quick turnaround. The Bourne stunt show has great stunt variety and seems really fun. Do we really want to go "studio park" with it like DHS's Indy, though, as a staged film shoot? Waterworld in USH/USJ is a storyline, and it's really good.

For Pacific Rim (which is set int futuristic Hong Kong), I see a motion sim working better than a coaster. The main premise is piloting a gigantic Jaeger mech from inside its head, so it's basically a sim already.

spacemt354

Chili's
Watched a condensed version of The Secret Life of Pets, and read the synopsis. Sounds a lot like Toy Story with Pets haha. New pet comes and the old pet is mad? Seems very familiar;) But overall seemed like a cute kids movie.

Similar to Toy Story though - I'm almost wondering if it could be used as some flat rides in the park, rather than another dark ride or a simple retelling of the film. A kiddie drop tower themed after the window wash scene could work, as well as a flat ride driving the Animal control bus (similar to mater's)

Thoughts on this?

Since it takes place in NYC, it could actually transition better from NYC into the rest of Illumination (Sing could be the equivalent of broadway) and then cartoon corner could instead be the transition into Nintendo.

D Hulk

Watched a condensed version of The Secret Life of Pets, and read the synopsis. Sounds a lot like Toy Story with Pets haha. New pet comes and the old pet is mad? Seems very familiar;) But overall seemed like a cute kids movie.

Similar to Toy Story though - I'm almost wondering if it could be used as some flat rides in the park, rather than another dark ride or a simple retelling of the film. A kiddie drop tower themed after the window wash scene could work, as well as a flat ride driving the Animal control bus (similar to mater's)

Thoughts on this?

Since it takes place in NYC, it could actually transition better from NYC into the rest of Illumination (Sing could be the equivalent of broadway) and then cartoon corner could instead be the transition into Nintendo.
Placing SLOP :hilarious: next to NY makes sense; could use the 30 Rock icon in BG to add dimension. I've not seen SLOP, but wasn't Universal apparently actually creating a trackless dark ride around it? Think that'd be ok to clone.

Minion dance party flat ride perhaps?

spacemt354

Chili's
:eek:
For some reason, I wasn't getting updates from this thread all day, thought we were all relaxing (or creating trip reports). Nope! Tons to look over.

It all looks good, and truly impressive for such quick turnaround. The Bourne stunt show has great stunt variety and seems really fun. Do we really want to go "studio park" with it like DHS's Indy, though, as a staged film shoot? Waterworld in USH/USJ is a storyline, and it's really good.

For Pacific Rim (which is set int futuristic Hong Kong), I see a motion sim working better than a coaster. The main premise is piloting a gigantic Jaeger mech from inside its head, so it's basically a sim already.
I'm actually a big fan of the stunt show demonstrations. To me it's cool to see how special effects are done like the Indy Show -- and with a large 3,500 seat theater - it could be easily transferable to other properties if for instance Bourne gets old or a new Hong Kong Universal action film emerges.

I'm interested in Pacific Rim, but there are so many IPs we have included in UniMK that I have to do research on that if someone else wants to do the attraction then I'd be all for it.

spacemt354

Chili's
Placing SLOP :hilarious: next to NY makes sense; could use the 30 Rock icon in BG to add dimension. I've not seen SLOP, but wasn't Universal apparently actually creating a trackless dark ride around it? Think that'd be ok to clone.

Minion dance party flat ride perhaps?
Actually was able to find the rumored layout of the SLOP (weird abbreviation lol) ride

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/secret-life-of-pets-ride-rumor.917773/#post-7381444

Trackless vehicles, load
Scene 1: Katie's apartment
Scene 2: Terrace
Scene 3: Roundabout
Scene 4: Cat
Scene 5: Sewers
Scene 6A and 6B: Flushed Pets Lair
Scene 7A: Rescue Norman Scene
7B: Transition area
Scene 8: Reunited
Scene 9: Celebration
Unload

Also: Ride on second floor. The first floor will consist of the attraction's queue. It will also include a restaurant & retail space. The queue will consist of a lobby, security/hallway, evidence of pets etc., Gidget's apartment, courtyard, Penny's Room, a pre show with more than a few AAs, and the pre load area. You'll go upstairs to load and the load area will have huge massive windows overlooking NYC.

----------------------------

Nevertheless -- you'd think there would be more buzz about this among Uni fans right?

No active threads discussing this attraction and I had to do a search just to find the thread above. For the sake of realism -- not sure which way to go. It's supposedly coming to USH first, then possibly to Orlando. There are floats and merchandise in Orlando -- and a sequel planned...think it might be worth it, just odd how there isn't any buzz for it. My guess would be because the ride seems like just a retelling of the movie, scene by scene, rather than inspired by the film.

spacemt354

Chili's
hey since my invader zim ride got mixed reviews im thinking of letting spacemt update his old steven universe ride instead, is that good?
It's whatever you want to go -- I'd prefer to actually leave the SU attraction out -- and if you're deciding to leave the attraction out, I think I may leave the entire Cartoon Corner land out of the opening day map.

I just don't have any solid ideas for it - and we have plenty for kids with Nintendo, Fantastic Beasts, and Illumination. Perhaps as an expansion to the park - we can have it there.

spacemt354

Chili's
eh i don't know, i mean i love my ride idea but i would actually like to hear your update ideas ☺
One of my thoughts would be that we have a Minions resort by @MonorailRed
minionhotel-png.233765

Why not have that somewhat close to Illumination Station? As of now - it's just randomly out by Suess Landing. Similar to Mediterranean Harbor in TDS, Grand California to Condor Flats, and Cabana Bay to Volcano Bay - it might make more sense to have it at least in the background of Illumination Station

BigThunder26

I seen Sing. Could be a 4D show. Have the theater collapse around the animals while they're perform. That theater should definitely be a big land facade.

Did some thinking on F&F Turbo Drive last night. Hope to get some time soon to write something up.
Yup, I agree. Of all the things we could do with that movie, a 4-D film would fit the best. I'd say... runtime of 15 to 20 minutes, each character sings a bit but things keep going wrong, maybe they have a thing where the theater floods again and there's a water effect on the audience, but it'll probably end with everyone singing "Faith" from the movie, because Stevie Wonder rocks.

spacemt354

Chili's
One of my thoughts would be that we have a Minions resort by @MonorailRed
minionhotel-png.233765

Why not have that somewhat close to Illumination Station? As of now - it's just randomly out by Suess Landing. Similar to Mediterranean Harbor in TDS, Grand California to Condor Flats, and Cabana Bay to Volcano Bay - it might make more sense to have it at least in the background of Illumination Station

23238390283.jpg

tenor.gif

Flip the parks.

UniSEA on the left side of the backstage area adjacent to the victorian railway and Mediterranean hotels.....UniMK on the right side...

Leave Minions where it is...and it acts as the backdrop to Illumination Station.

D Hulk

It actually makes no sense why a French and Italian themed resort are paralleling American Mystery-- they fit much better with the Victorian themed entrance of not only Uni SEA, but the Mediterranean CityWalk

This switch would be fairly easy - just me manipulating the map. Thoughts @D Hindley ?
Good switch. It seems every Resort better lines up with complimentary lands inside the parks. We maybe lose that "map of Europe" layout, unless maybe everything gets mirrored, but I trust your ideas.

Since we're debating if Psycho fits in American Mystery, could we do a Bates Motel resort nearby instead? 12 rooms, 12 vacancies. Showers included!

Random thought: For UniMK's VIP tours, let's use Kenneth the NBC page from "30 Rock."

And pondering the gyrosphere ride tech - this'll be a first-of-it's-kind ride system! - for the trackless coaster portion could we do something like a bobsled coaster, but with riders encased inside a giant sphere:

spacemt354

Chili's
Good switch. It seems every Resort better lines up with complimentary lands inside the parks. We maybe lose that "map of Europe" layout, unless maybe everything gets mirrored, but I trust your ideas.

Since we're debating if Psycho fits in American Mystery, could we do a Bates Motel resort nearby instead? 12 rooms, 12 vacancies. Showers included!

Random thought: For UniMK's VIP tours, let's use Kenneth the NBC page from "30 Rock."

And pondering the gyrosphere ride tech - this'll be a first-of-it's-kind ride system! - for the trackless coaster portion could we do something like a bobsled coaster, but with riders encased inside a giant sphere:

Nearly spit out my coffee at 'showers included':hilarious:

Haha that could be a neat way to tie it in - even more exclusive than Hogwarts...it could be similar to the castle suite in MK.

And to be honest the bobsled was exactly what I was thinking with it being essentially a ball, combined with magnetics repelling the balls from gaining too much speed or too much banking, it could flow along the canyon sides in a bobsled style until picking back up the LPS (or GPS being outdoors?) before the finale scene and unload area.

In order for the ride vehicles to go back up to the load peak, might be a bit sci-fi -- but I'm picturing a hydraulic escalator of sorts -- which continuously moves the vehicles up until the load area is filled, then motions forward again once the riders have taken off.

Disney Dad 3000

23238390283.jpg

tenor.gif

Flip the parks.

UniSEA on the left side of the backstage area adjacent to the victorian railway and Mediterranean hotels.....UniMK on the right side...

Leave Minions where it is...and it acts as the backdrop to Illumination Station.

Interesting idea to flip. Will be cool to see how it turns out but sounds like it could work.

For HK, maybe we do just keep it with F&F and the Stunt Show. If you could add more shows that really ups the capacity and would compensate for not having another ride. Maybe add more streetmosphere type stuff in the "land" and a really super themed kung fu restaurant of some type.

Hate to lose the psycho icons from the AML, but makes sense based on the flow/theme you guys were discussing. I can make the IT house more prominent in the sketch. Who would shower at a Bates motel?

Loving the SLOP acronym. Almost as good as A.S.S. and M.I.L.F. The movie wasn't total slop, but it was ok. Sing is as guilty pleasure of mine I guess for all the tunes. Will make a good show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom