PHOTOS - New bag check areas greatly enhance Magic Kingdom arrival experience

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
No, that's not what I'm saying. People keep saying none of it is "real security."
I'm asking what is real security? Because it appears no one has it.
Are we talking like a secret service approach?

It could be as simple as

1. Define queues
2. Send everyone through a metal detector
3. Send every bag through an x-ray
4. Do a minimal inspection of every stroller

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Things like what? You mean like when a whole country just gave up their individual liberties and national sovereignty for the sake of "safety and security"? Yeah, I hate it when that happens, too.

This is a commercial venue which has the right to establish the terms and conditions by which you can access their facilities. They don't do DNA scans or background checks.

Disney simply inspects your bags for prohibited items as well as walking most guest through a metal detector which is set to trigger (at least when I was there last week) at a substantial mass of metal. They are not going to invade Polk county in a Mikeykrieg.

peter11435

It could be as simple as

1. Define queues
2. Send everyone through a metal detector
3. Send every bag through an x-ray
4. Do a minimal inspection of every stroller
4. This has always happened with my stroller. They usually make me open every pocket and container on the stroller

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
4. This has always happened with my stroller. They usually make me open every pocket and container on the stroller

Do you have to remove the child? Do they do a full inspection of the stroller itself, turning it over and looking at all of it? Do they feel the the fabric to make sure there's nothing unusual in between layers? If not, you can hide anything you want in it.

Angel Ariel

And I could say the opposite..they've never asked to look in the pouch on the handle, and they only minimally poke around underneath the stroller. It's inconsistent, which (from what I can tell) is the issue some of the PPs are having.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
This is a commercial venue which has the right to establish the terms and conditions by which you can access their facilities. They don't do DNA scans or background checks.

Disney simply inspects your bags for prohibited items as well as walking most guest through a metal detector which is set to trigger (at least when I was there last week) at a substantial mass of metal. They are not going to invade Polk county in a Mikeykrieg.
I'm not debating that. My point is the attitude displayed in the quote I posted.

peter11435

Do you have to remove the child? Do they do a full inspection of the stroller itself, turning it over and looking at all of it? Do they feel the the fabric to make sure there's nothing unusual in between layers? If not, you can hide anything you want in it.
They have never made me remove the child. They do usually look under it and have always felt the fabric of the canopy and sides.

disneygeek90

I’m sure this has already been stated, but the new security check is in front of the TTC now, correct? Does anyone know if you take the monorail to Epcot, if you have to go through security again or do they let you flow right through since you’ve already been checked previously.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I’m sure this has already been stated, but the new security check is in front of the TTC now, correct? Does anyone know if you take the monorail to Epcot, if you have to go through security again or do they let you flow right through since you’ve already been checked previously.
For now you have to go through Epcot security.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
It should change in the future.

I'd feel better if you said it "would" change in the future. :)

As it stands, it's an annoyance to have to go thru security twice if going to Epcot and staying at a monorail resort. My wife will attest to that. ;) In her own words a few weeks ago - "I pay entirely too much money for Disney quality to get BS quality"

steffib

I seriously don't know what the big fuss is...coming from the UK we've had to deal with terrorism for 40 plus years. It's a total pain but hey, it's just one of those things in life to deal with. If it makes people safer (or feel safer) and for that i have to put up with approx 5 mins of inconvenience on my vacation, so be it. I just get on with it and get on with my day. The more everyone gets angry about it and rails against it, the more it actually becomes an inconvenience and it becomes a bigger deal that it actually is...The world is as the world it. Getting cross about it won't stop you having to go through security at MK, just chill and wander through...
That my pennies worth any way...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom