Attractions with their lights on, starting with Spaceship Earth

mergatroid

Original Poster
Probably posted before but still a great video. Spaceship Earth with it's working lights on including the 'money shot' at the top. Quite amazing watching it really and seeing the hidden stairwells and lifts along with the not so tidy areas that you normally wouldn't get to see. A word of warning, the people filming drop a few swear words during the video.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I would love to do Space Mountain with the lights on. The video a CM took during a CM-only ride on SM at Disneyland was awesome.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Rock n Roller used to be on YouTube. May still be.

There's various ToTs too. Usually from the 5thD onwards.

mergatroid

Original Poster

Walt Disney1955

I prefer the illusion to be honest. Yeah, I've seen Space Mountain's video with the lights on and am aware that it only goes 28mph. I guess that is just classic Disney magic to make it seem much more scarier and intense. Not that you wouldn't get badly hurt or even killed if you fell out of a moving vehicle going at 28mph but it is slower than one might think.

I wouldn't want to see Haunted Mansion with the lights on either. It would kill it. That one scene with the long hallway I don't doubt is just an optical illusion but it still looks real. Or the graveyard scene, it is better with the lights out.

mergatroid

Original Poster
I prefer the illusion to be honest. Yeah, I've seen Space Mountain's video with the lights on and am aware that it only goes 28mph. I guess that is just classic Disney magic to make it seem much more scarier and intense. Not that you wouldn't get badly hurt or even killed if you fell out of a moving vehicle going at 28mph but it is slower than one might think.

I wouldn't want to see Haunted Mansion with the lights on either. It would kill it. That one scene with the long hallway I don't doubt is just an optical illusion but it still looks real. Or the graveyard scene, it is better with the lights out.

That's fair enough and understandable Big Phil. I'm just one of those inquisitive people who wants to know everything though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom