Inside Out being the focal point on the (now defunct) Wonders of Life pavilion

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
Not really the same story, considering the Jaws franchise is pretty dead.

Let alone the fact that the attraction was a high-maintenance, high-cost monstrosity with little-to-no merchandising opportunities.
tumblr_lp6bnok80b1qlsz95o1_500.gif

RedFurredCadet

Cranium command is still there, but according to a CM working at the pavilion Buzzy is on his way to the archive. The rest of it is in a bit of a state and it hasn't been switched on since 2007. Body Wars has gone completely, they ripped that ride out but left CC for some reason.
But I think it'd be the ideal place to put Inside Out, what would they use the rest of the pavilion for though?

Poor Buzzy. I hope someone has the audacity to remember him or pay homage to him in he attraction sometime.

I totally forgot you mentioned they would also be a good addition in the WoL pavilion.. My brain immediately asked "What if... o-o" haha cx

I wouldn't mind seeing a lot of multiple different Disney movies within one huge pavilion such as WoL! Of the movies I believe could fit in there..

Inside Out - Cranium Command theatre.

Big Hero 6
- Body Wars area. (The space is still there. Build some new simulators.)

Meet & Greet
- Goofy About Health area.

Wreck-it Ralph
- Making of Me Theatre.. A huge video game where you feel like you're really there. (Think of the head piece game at the end of Carousel of Progress)

TRON - Frontiers in Medicine.. Yea it's a pretty small space, not sure about the capacity issue that may occur. Think of a thrilling 4D experience with moving chairs and a very wide screen.
sim_5000.gif

Ahh... Yes! My dream pavilion! x3

Can anyone each elaborate the reasons for your choice? I'm not judging you though, just being nice...

RedFurredCadet

One of the key premises of the film is that Baymax is devoted to health and well-being. The development team actually visited various medical science facilities to learn what kind of innovations are going on- that's where they got the idea to make him vinyl and inflatable.

Indeed agree!

In a Twitter Q&A yesterday, director Pete Docter said he actually worked on Cranium Command back in the day. Fun fact.

Interesting fact, but I wonder if he's available for interviews to tell the attraction's story, from cradle to grave.

Don't even get me started on WOL and what a missed opportunity it has become. :/

Indeed. If they had enough energy from spending it on Frozen (DUH) they could at least shift WoL over to Melbourne Australia... no, stop, that's a different ballgame and I don't think we'll win it.

CaptainShortty

It would be a cool idea as the theme would fit really well but if they're going to do anything new in WOL they're probably going to wind up having to tear the building down and start from scratch. There's not really enough to be able to salvage a full fledged pavilion again.

Siren

Well, we'll see. They did a major overhaul of the film during production, and sometimes that works out for a very good movie (Emperor's New Groove, Meet the Robinsons). Also, it's going to feature John Lithgow and Neil Patrick Harris, among others, and they're delightful.
Fair enough, but it does sound like Monsters Inc. but with dinosaurs. I read some of the story line and the dinosaurs are supposed to be fearful of people, and they are terrified of this little boy who befriends this gentle giant of a dinosaur --i.e. Boo & Sully. So, we'll see.

I'm kind of glad that Diagon Alley doesn't have as much of a crowd as it did when it opened... Because if that's the case, my most recent trip to Universal in October.. I was freaking trapped in that land like a sardine in a full can!!!! It was horrible! Even Hogwarts in the other park was still massively crowded! I think I'll have to disagree with you on the statement of it declining in popularity..

Jurassic World though.. Uni's already a step ahead Disney. Harry Potter will most likely still get more crowds compared to Avatarland I bet... Does anybody even actually like the Avatar movie? Like.. REALLY? Who has seen the movie twice? I re-state that.. Who has seen the movie at least halfway through a second attempt at watching it? I mean the graphics are AMAZING! But it was really over rated when it came out.. Nobody's still talking about it. At all. People still talk about Jurassic Park and Harry Potter..

If anything.. I'll say Jurassic World will take the numbers that Disney gets for Avatarland. I do think Star Wars will be more of a draw than Jurassic World. There's a much larger fan base.
When it comes to theme park rides, the "movie" itself, doesn't have to be great. The mummy ride at Universal is very popular and still winning awards, while the movie is awful.

I don't like Avatar the film, but Pandora is so gorgeous. James Cameron is such a perfectionist and the imagineers teaming up with him is going to bring about a fascinating world -- so I am super excited about it.

Maybe they should do a refurb of DinoLand to compete with JW?
This is an excellent idea. Another company was supposed to do a Dinosaur themed park in Miami but it got axed. I guess I will start a thread about it.

Also, I don't know what to make of Inside Out, it looks good enough to me. But,when they showed previews during the Cinderella movie, and the audience was in stitches over "Minions" and the "Mall Cop" guy but no one laughed at all at Inside Out, so I don't know what to make of that. And, this also happened when I went to see The Spongbob Movie. Yes, I went to see The Spongebob Movie and I liked it.

I'll be back to post my review of Inside Out.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
When it comes to theme park rides, the "movie" itself, doesn't have to be great. The mummy ride at Universal is very popular and still winning awards, while the movie is awful.

The mummy was very successful with general audiences... Not for the critics. Also, it's just one ride. Developing an entire LAND around that movie franchise I would believe to be a bad idea.

Harry Potter and Jurrasic Park were so critically acclaimed that they have their own entire land themed to them. This would be why Disney is getting Star Wars land because the franchise is so popular. Avatarland because the movie was VEEERY successful (but very much over-rated).

Otherwise, I agree with you. Like Song of the South for Splash Mountain.. But you don't see an entire land that revolves around that one movie. Because that movie isn't popular enough to have an entire land. Which is why Twister doesn't have an entire land, or The Mummy, or Shrek. They aren't nearly as popular as Star Wars or Harry Potter. Not in the same category of popularity at all.

This is why Disney is making an entire land themed to Frozen! I'm just realizing these things as I continue to type! xP

Matt_Black

Ugh. Another trilogy that should have stopped at one.

(Which would mean it wouldn't be a trilogy but hey)

Let's not forget about the Scorpion King films (though I know we've all tried).

On the other hand, if they ever try to do a fourth film that's a remake of The Robot Versus The Aztec Mummy, then I forgive the entire franchise.

Launchpad McQuack

Let's not forget about the Scorpion King films (though I know we've all tried).

On the other hand, if they ever try to do a fourth film that's a remake of The Robot Versus The Aztec Mummy, then I forgive the entire franchise.

I love that since Scorpion King 2 is a prequel to Scorpion King (I think, I've only seen the first one), it makes Scorpion King 3/4 a sequel to the prequel to the spinoff to the sequel to the remake of the original Mummy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom