Bay Lake Tower 1BR Lake view room request

JoEkeywest

Hi! My family is staying at BLT in the beginning of December 2013. We have a 1br lake view at BLT. Need some help with room requests.
First question: I have family with mobility concerns. They plan to rent scooters to use at the park. Can we rent them (either through wdw or an outside source) and keep them at the resort?
Second: We would like to have a nice view of the lake (assuming we need high up, minimal to no building view, want to see the parade) and less noise (We stayed at the BCR last year, with a first floor room next to an exit-- way too noisy for us.) I've read that some sides of the tower are close to the contemporary monorail access, and other sides are close to the walk way to MK.
First priority is unobstructed view and quiet room; with second thoughts towards proximity to monorail access.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Welcome to this happy place! First off I believe you will have to rent scooters with an outside source. Room requests can be called in but they are not guaranteed so your best bet is to call ASAP! Good luck with your vacation and don't forget to book your ADRs 180+10 on the first day possible! Also don't forget to get Guest Assistance cards for those requiring the scooters!

Upvote 0

bethymouse

I can't say for BLT, but my Mom & Dad both had scooters they rented from an outside source. We stayed @ ASM Suites, and had no problem taking them everywhere. The buses were kind of a pain, but we managed. All of the CMs were so very kind to my parents.:) Request a "handicapped" accessible room when booking. we didn't use Guest Assistance cards, but we probably should have!:)

Upvote 0

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Here's a great link to details on rooms at BLT:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2257082

For monorail access you want to be on the south side of the tower. The skybridge to CR is on the 5th floor of BLT. If you are on floor 5 you don't need to take an elevator to get to the CR bridge (might be easier with scooters). The first 2 floors are standard view not lake view so you will be at least on floor 3 and wont have an issue with noise. For an unubstructed lake view you probably want an odd numbered room (odd on inside of tower facing pool and lake, even on outside of tower facing MK). The lake view even number rooms are on the furthest north and south parts of the tower. The middle is the MK view rooms. The northern even numbered rooms that are lake view have views of both the lake and MK, but these are the furthest from the bridge to CR. The southern even number rooms have views more of CR itself and the monorail. IMHO the higher you are the better view. From the top facing the lake you can see Spaceship Earth and Everest and on a clear night even the higher up fireworks from illuminations. The walkway to MK is accessed through the main loby which is in the center so the further you are from center the longer the walk to the walkway.

Upvote 0

JoEkeywest

Original Poster
Thank you all for the great advice! In regards to dining reservations - 180 + 10 - does that mean I can make reservations 190 days out? Also, is the lay out of a handicap accessible room much different than a regular room? Is there room for two scooters inside the rooms? Thanks again! I'm very excited, and enjoy the planning almost as much as the visit itself!

Upvote 0

Figgy1

Premium Member
Thank you all for the great advice! In regards to dining reservations - 180 + 10 - does that mean I can make reservations 190 days out? Also, is the lay out of a handicap accessible room much different than a regular room? Is there room for two scooters inside the rooms? Thanks again! I'm very excited, and enjoy the planning almost as much as the visit itself!
No such luck 180 + 10 means exactly that!

Upvote 0

Disvillain63

It means that you can make your reservations up to 180 days out from your first day of your visit AND make them for the first 10 days of your visit, instead of calling everyday.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom