the original jungle cruise with King Louie

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirGoofy

Could you be confusing one of the regular gorillas for "king louie?" I know that the skippers go "off script" sometimes. Could that be why you believe this to have happened?

And confusing the ride sequence considering the gorillas are in the beginning on the Congo.

Sorry, it's the Jungle Cruise skipper coming out.:lol::zipit:

the-reason14

I never heard of this, but it sounds pretty cool. But I have no info to offer other than an opinion because I am wayyyyy to young to remember life in the 70s. even the 80s, and the first time I ever remember riding the JC was in 2001, so I wouldnt know. But it doesnt sound like something that happened though. Are you sure you weren't someplace else? I mean, 14 is old enough to remember quite vividly, its not like you were 3 or something. But I heard when you get old you tend to forget and mismatch things, no offense. :lookaroun

Oh yea, if it did happen the rocks falling thing sounds cool.

MUTZIE77

I cant believe this arguement, I mean discussion, has gotten so far. With all the knowledge of our beloved kingdom on these boards, he still wont take no for an answer. I have this question for him. If the rocks fell at the mouth of the temple tunnel, how the hell does the boat get out of the tunnel?

imagineer boy

think about this.. I am 53.. you would have had to been close to 60 or more today to even have "worked " at WDW when it first opened. there aren't that many Old timers out there. and I have yet to hear of one who posts at this forum.

I hate to break it to ya, but its not uncommon for men your age to get faulty memories. I should know, my dad is your age and he can't remember any of the names of his teachers from high school.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
A theory

Alright, I know this would NEVER happen nowadays (right JC skippers?), but I've read that back in the day, it wasn't too uncommon for cast members to sneak backstage and mess with the skippers during the show/ride.
I know it's a long shot, but maybe someone smuggled a King Louie costume and was messing around when you were on it? As for the falling rocks, I have no idea.

I know how it's like to remember something that everyone insists never happened. To this day I'm certain that the elevator car on ToT peeked out over the park just a little bit when it first opened...
And please, everyone just let that comment be. There's a whole thread on that subject if you really feel like commenting.

007mickey

King Louie was part of the Makong river. and they played the music and the discussion was that he wanted to join our boat.. and as you went through the tunnel, the "rocks" came down from the ceiling.

Can the OP possibly clear up a few things about the above statement:

1. Was King Louie a "full size" character? Was he a AA?
2. What music played? Was it Jungle Book music?
3. Who had the "discussion"?
4. Was the rock effect like BTMRR?

Just thought clearing these items up might help some folks who are really "in the know" around here.

sublimesting

I can vividly recall going to Sea World in Aurora, OH when I was 8. The seal area was an enormous mountain with a sliding board for the seals and some fountains and waterfalls. I went back in my teens and it was just a few rocks and a pool. They didn't change anything, I just, like Bush, misremembered.

Oriolesmagic

I can vividly recall going to Sea World in Aurora, OH when I was 8. The seal area was an enormous mountain with a sliding board for the seals and some fountains and waterfalls. I went back in my teens and it was just a few rocks and a pool. They didn't change anything, I just, like Bush, misremembered.

Wait...you're my grandfather! :lol:

daliseurat

I have the SAME mismemory from the same park, when I was 8! How funny. Too bad that park's gone.

KingdomHeart

I think it would be great if we did a thread like that - best misremembered, unprovable Disney memory. Since I know I have a few, too. Stuff I just remember as totally different than actually happened.

-Nicholas

DisneyPrincess5

Can the OP possibly clear up a few things about the above statement:

1. Was King Louie a "full size" character? Was he a AA?
2. What music played? Was it Jungle Book music?
3. Who had the "discussion"?
4. Was the rock effect like BTMRR?

Just thought clearing these items up might help some folks who are really "in the know" around here.

I wouldn't be surprised if the OP got frustrated and stopped reading the thread :lol:

ewensell3

I have this memory of an amusement park in Nashville TN right next to the Gaylord Opryland hotel. Yet when I went back many years later I found a mall. I asked the teenager parking attendant at the hotel what happened and they just gave me a blank stare*.

* - Actually, I full well know what happened. And the real story is I took some relatives to see the hotel, and on our way out the parking attendant asked if we had a nice time, to which I responded "Yeah, it was alright. Would have been better if there was an amusement park next door to visit". She just gave a half-amused smile.

EpcotServo

Maybe the OP was in a mirror universe... :lookaroun

picture.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom