News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

Basil of Baker Street

Maybe a Primus attraction in Frontierland. Big Brown Beaver Mountain?

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    3 MB · Views: 34

sWANNISAX

My feeling is that as you move from liberty square to frontierland as it is now it could be dressed only slightly differently up to the pecos bill area and really be the applachian frontier. Add some more pines, which are already there and I think it blends. The country bears fit in that version of the frontier. You could redress pecos bill into New Orleans square and blend it with Tiana and then transition from that into the Wild West beyond the Mississippi with Big Thunder. That leads into Mexico and Coco and down into South America. With a coco section you could relocate pecos bill there and Tiana gets the restuarant she should have. It creates a frontierland that spans the evolution of the frontiers of America.

sublimesting

My feeling is that as you move from liberty square to frontierland as it is now it could be dressed only slightly differently up to the pecos bill area and really be the applachian frontier. Add some more pines, which are already there and I think it blends. The country bears fit in that version of the frontier. You could redress pecos bill into New Orleans square and blend it with Tiana and then transition from that into the Wild West beyond the Mississippi with Big Thunder. That leads into Mexico and Coco and down into South America. With a coco section you could relocate pecos bill there and Tiana gets the restuarant she should have. It creates a frontierland that spans the evolution of the frontiers of America.
That's true but I'd rather Coco go in Mexico and Tiana go into America at EPCOT. I think they really missed the mark with Tiana especially. Each pavilion was set up for a show and a boatride. What is more American than the bayou, jazz and a boat ride through that! Plus it reinforces the importance of black heritage in America.
In any case villains, while awesome is just thrown in there!

sublimesting

Tiana in The American Pavilion at EPCOT? That is truly the worst idea I have ever heard...and would involve completely raising the entire pavilion to do it...
Tiana in The American Pavilion at EPCOT? That is truly the worst idea I have ever heard...and would involve completely raising the entire pavilion to do it...
That is the "worst" idea you ever heard? Each pavilion at EPCOT was made to house restaurant, a theater and a boat ride to showcase a river in the country. There is expansion room for a boat ride. Bayous are flat, they do not have drops like Splash. Bayous are American and not part of the west or frontier. What is your real concern for having Tiana represent America?

In any case there was room behind Splash for a new attraction. Splash did not have to be removed.

I've said it before on here but hiding SOTS away is an affront to James Baskett's memory and achievements. He was the first black actor nominated for an Academy Award for his role as Uncle Remus. As far as Disney is concerned no one will ever see that performance again. Not to mention Splash, as it is, has nothing racial about it. Disney is trying to completely "whitewash" history in the easiest way they could think of (by hiding) instead of celebrating the achievements of African Americans by 1. celebrating James Baskett and using SOTS as a teachable moment and 2. celebrating Tiana in a pavilion that represents America.

ToTBellHop

That is the "worst" idea you ever heard? Each pavilion at EPCOT was made to house restaurant, a theater and a boat ride to showcase a river in the country. There is expansion room for a boat ride. Bayous are flat, they do not have drops like Splash. Bayous are American and not part of the west or frontier. What is your real concern for having Tiana represent America?

In any case there was room behind Splash for a new attraction. Splash did not have to be removed.

I've said it before on here but hiding SOTS away is an affront to James Baskett's memory and achievements. He was the first black actor nominated for an Academy Award for his role as Uncle Remus. As far as Disney is concerned no one will ever see that performance again. Not to mention Splash, as it is, has nothing racial about it. Disney is trying to completely "whitewash" history in the easiest way they could think of (by hiding) instead of celebrating the achievements of African Americans by 1. celebrating James Baskett and using SOTS as a teachable moment and 2. celebrating Tiana in a pavilion that represents America.
They should just replace Ben Franklin with Tiana and Mark Twain with Louis.

JoeCamel

What river in Japan would be showcased?

sWANNISAX

I agree coco should be in Mexico. Tiana in Epcot isn't terrible. It fits better in splash in DL with New Orleans square there but bayous are flat. I'm curious the explanation of the drop.

In terms of the villains I don't think they intend the villains to be part of frontier land. If they do in fact go back beyond Thunder they will likely wrap around the river and the villains will end up behind haunted and connect to fantasy land. Which to me works. I see it being place much like Batuu in Disneyland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom