Does Raya and the Last Dragon have a future in the Disney Parks?

Does Raya and the Last Dragon have a future within the Disney empire?

• Yes, she will become a Disney Princess and heavily be featured within the Parks and merchandise

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • She will make small cameos at the Disney Parks (like an appearance in Fantasmic), but nothing major

Votes: 75 39.3%
  • Raya and Sisu will soon vanish, and the film will be ignored by the Walt Disney Company

Votes: 110 57.6%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I kind of hate the fact that for anything IP based that goes into the parks (and it's pretty much all that's happening right now) the film (or whatever) has to rake in a phenomenal amount of revenue to even be considered first.
Ratatouille, Ralph, TRON, Hocus Pocus, Big Hero 6, Tangled, Princess and the Frog, Lilo, Hercules, Mulan.

They all didn't make huge bank, and yet, they have a place in the parks.

Heppenheimer

From an armchair imagineering perspective, nothing from the film really stands out to me and makes me think "that would make a really cool ride"
The only thing I can think of is if Disney ever dusts off their old idea for a ski resort. They could use something from that snow scene.

Or maybe just a standard dark ride with scenes from the movie, where your vehicle resembles that rolling armadillo-like animal that Raya rides throughout the movie. This seems pretty unlikely, though, and Disney seems to have moved away from these kind of "book report" rides unless they can integrate some interesting gimmick into the ride system.

One princess is sufficient to represent an entire continent of people? OK.

Also, not all kids want a handsome prince - do we really need to sexualize young kids? And not all kids want a stunning dress. My kid desperately wanted Raya's sword on a recent Target trip.

As for the squishable plushie - I bought it - https://www.shopdisney.com/baby-tuk...ccsqte2tkPQtaEkI9NhoCO-IQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
sexualize???? So. stores all around the world for decades have been trying to sexualize children? I've think I've heard it all now.

Dutch Inn '76

ToTBellHop

The streaming numbers indicated they liked Luca way more than something like Onward. Not sure how Luca's numbers compare with Turning Red.

I think Luca was more popular than Raya on streaming.
Yes, Luca was very popular. I imagine it will get a flat ride somewhere, some day. That’s usually the treatment for something like it. Honestly, it’s exactly the type of thing they should add to DHS.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The streaming numbers indicated they liked Luca way more than something like Onward. Not sure how Luca's numbers compare with Turning Red.

I think Luca was more popular than Raya on streaming.
Based on data from the times these movies appeared in Nielsen's Top Ten Streaming Movies in billions of minutes:

Onward: No data
Raya: 6.7
Luca: 10
Turning Red: 8.5

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom