News New Changes Coming to the Disney Look 2021

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Disney is forgetting what has made their exceptionally unique brand resonate over the past century with consumers all over the world, which is truly shocking considering their history.

A brand is a very delicate thing. It takes, in this case, a century to build it and only a few years to forever change it.

You want cast members in your theme park to have big furry beards, tattoos up the arm, bearded biological men in dresses, etc, etc? That is absolutely within your rights and you are free to do it.

However, you can't have it both ways - that is now your brand.
I want to see my men with beards. The anti facial hair look they were forcing on their male Cast for years was so upsetting to see. I’m glad they’ve allowed beards. The less facial hairless men the better imo.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Disney look stands for a clean family oriented look.
Anyone who showers is clean to me. Lol.
As a previous cast member, annual passholder, DVC member; I am opposed to the changes.
Cool. All of those don't matter to me. Lol.
It is a business casual look and Walt would be appalled at the showings of tattoos.
Have you asked him personally?
Why can’t the younger generations abide to rules?
Because they're tired of ridiculous restrictions at a minimum wage job. And, in return, Disney is having to lax rules because they aren't willing to pay their CMs more, hence why theyre consistently short on staff.
You give them an inch and they want a whole yard.
Imagine asking for a yard with your modern day 2 bedroom 1 bath half a million dollar home in 2022. Lol. (that's a metaphor, too.)
I don’t want „Jane“ from Anaheim to do my check-in and dining with face piercings and tattoos.
And Jane doesn't want to deal with people like you. Now you don't have to cross paths since you won't go back to Disney, considering this change affects you so deeply. It's a win win for both sides.
Not acceptable!
To you.
This is not the Marriott.
Correct. It's a theme park run mostly by broke minimum wage teenagers and penny pinching millionaires. Lol.

CMs are literally paid just as much as the big McDonald's employees. (also a reason why there's never a staff shortage problem there)

Animaniac93-98

Can it be possible Disney cared about the cast member feedback “ You said, We listened “ feedback round table sessions of if that took place or some that have tattoos would not even apply to work at Disney if the tattoo rules were not relaxed?

If Disney were interested in employee feedback they'd provide better pay, benefits, services, more flexibility with scheduling and time off etc

Letting people grow beards, show tattoos and piercings is a cheap and easy tactic to placate workers. It's why so many minimum wage employers are doing that instead of what I listed above.

I'd rather Disney go back to their stricter appearance standards, but incentivize hiring/retention with better working conditions. Dropping the Disney look just to still end up struggling to keep up with minimum staffing has not proven to be very effective.

Last edited:

celluloid

Only for myself.

Well if you have gone through this thread and the many others and have read EVERY concern for changing the Disney Look one way or another and deem them ALL just prejudice,
Than I think most will not want to spend their time doing that for such a judge and jury, and maybe it is you who is prejudice and not everyone else.
Your claim reads that no reasonable points have ever been made for negative critique.

Last edited:

_caleb

Well if you have gone through this thread and the many others and have read EVERY concern for changing the Disney Look one way or another and deem them ALL just prejudice,
Then I think most will not want to spend their time doing that for such a judge and jury, and maybe it is you who is prejudice and not everyone else.
Yeah, maybe it’s me.

_caleb

I think I understood your question as intended. Dislike of tattoos, facial hair, etc., is typically a result of negative associations with those things. I took you to be asking whether anyone had any reasons not rooted in negative associations for disliking the new standards.
Yes. Thanks for consistently giving benefit of the doubt. I was certainly not trying to judge anyone’s motives. I figure everyone can judge their own, which is why I asked.

LittleBuford

I hope that someday, these decisions are reversed.
I very doubt they will. The changes you saw reflect shifts in society at large; Disney has to move with the times. No doubt what you consider distracting and newfangled will one day be perceived as quaint and old-fashioned. Standards have never stood still; let’s not forget that this was once the height of fashion:

louisxiv-embedded.jpg

_caleb

Just got back from a weekend trip to the parks—first time since the “Disney look” was updated. In all the trips I’ve taken over the years, I’ve never been so distracted by CM’s. It’s a shame.

Grooming was the big issue, especially where men with long hair were involved. I also saw multiple men wearing nail polish, a female CM with tattoos covering her legs, and another female CM at Haunted Mansion wearing the male costume. Call me whatever name you want, but it took away from my experience.

One of the reasons for the Disney look was so that CM’s “blended” into the entirety of the Disney experience and did not become front-and-center. The downgrades of the Disney look prove, in my opinion, that previous management were correct in keeping CM dress code standards high. I hope that someday, these decisions are reversed.
Wow. You are very observant.

_caleb

I very doubt they will. The changes you saw reflect shifts in society at large; Disney has to move with the times. No doubt what you consider distracting and newfangled will one day be perceived as quaint and old-fashioned. Standards have never stood still.l; let’s not forget that this was once the height of fashion:

louisxiv-embedded.jpg
This was for Disneyland Paris, right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom