Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

HauntedMansionFLA

After the failure of Millenium Falcon, I'm hoping disney doesn't try yet another "interactive" button push attraction. Everything about WIR sounds terrible. Honestly I would tear the whole interior or building down and start fresh. Could be a nice spot for a dark ride.
a Darth Vader encounter would be interesting by using the same layout as Alien encounter,

Disney Maddux

After the failure of Millenium Falcon, I'm hoping disney doesn't try yet another "interactive" button push attraction. Everything about WIR sounds terrible. Honestly I would tear the whole interior or building down and start fresh. Could be a nice spot for a dark ride.
Only problem is you have Cosmic Ray's and the two shops sharing the building, so teardown isn't really an option.

And as said before, the setup does have a lot of potential, and as seen with AE, can make for a great experience.

Also, I know this will never happen, but I still have a very foolish hope that perhaps some time, when the crowd level gets so bad to the point that they need something open to help absorb them, they reopen SGE for a limited time. There's still the second theater that could theoretically run the show if they needed it to.

SteveAZee

Only problem is you have Cosmic Ray's and the two shops sharing the building, so teardown isn't really an option.

And as said before, the setup does have a lot of potential, and as seen with AE, can make for a great experience.

Also, I know this will never happen, but I still have a very foolish hope that perhaps some time, when the crowd level gets so bad to the point that they need something open to help absorb them, they reopen SGE for a limited time. There's still the second theater that could theoretically run the show if they needed it to.
Given how much they tore down in Future World, it may be an option. Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing...

bcoachable

It seems so weird, to me, to say in one hand - we are too crowded, but on the other, they could fit more people in by opening empty spaces such as this one, and adding a streetmosphere event here or there…. Lack of money isn’t really the issue. So that leads me to the thought that they actually prefer it to feel crowded in their parks. This then adds value to the Genie plus purchase, possibly? Idk… makes me frustrated - the way the parks are currently being toyed with…

MagicHappens1971

Those spaces require staffing, which is an expense and apparently so high of an expense that it exceeds the benefits of more attendance.
This is what a lot of those on here complaining don’t understand, replacing SGE will make such an abysmal increase on attendance of the worlds most visited theme park, that they don’t see why they should spend money on it. I don’t agree, but that’s the outlook.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
That space isn’t moving the attendance needle one iota. Creating something new in the space costs money, and then they’d have to spend on continuing ops and maintenance. It would absorb people but there’s no value in that when they can keep the parks feeling crowded and thus more people want to spend on Genie-.

Captain Neo

This is what a lot of those on here complaining don’t understand, replacing SGE will make such an abysmal increase on attendance of the worlds most visited theme park, that they don’t see why they should spend money on it. I don’t agree, but that’s the outlook.

yet back in the 70s and 80s leaving the building empty would have been deemed unacceptable. Disney needs to stop following what the rest of corporate America does and forge its own path like they used to

lazyboy97o

It seems so weird, to me, to say in one hand - we are too crowded, but on the other, they could fit more people in by opening empty spaces such as this one, and adding a streetmosphere event here or there…. Lack of money isn’t really the issue. So that leads me to the thought that they actually prefer it to feel crowded in their parks. This then adds value to the Genie plus purchase, possibly? Idk… makes me frustrated - the way the parks are currently being toyed with…
They’ve been trying to increase crowding since long before Genie.

It goes beyond just attractions. The Magic Kingdom has abandoned retail space. The park has less dining capacity today than it did 30 years ago. Both retail and dining directly generate revenue, but people tolerate the inconvenience and so there is no incentive to expand since they’re still getting the revenue.

fgmnt

That space isn’t moving the attendance needle one iota. Creating something new in the space costs money, and then they’d have to spend on continuing ops and maintenance. It would absorb people but there’s no value in that when they can keep the parks feeling crowded and thus more people want to spend on Genie-.

It goes beyond just attractions. The Magic Kingdom has abandoned retail space. The park has less dining capacity today than it did 30 years ago. Both retail and dining directly generate revenue, but people tolerate the inconvenience and so there is no incentive to expand since they’re still getting the revenue.
Biggest revenue generating expansion to MK in my lifetime has been the parking lot.

bcoachable

I would think that the ability to cram a few more of us in, would bring more $$ - but I’m sure they have the data dialed up so THEY understand the perfect number of people to optimize profits… I just know, for me, when I played RCT- I needed more peeps to pay for “things” ;)

DoleWhipDrea

WIR is past its relevancy and the sequel didn't get the box office numbers Disney wanted. They need a new concept that isn't based on a flavor of the week.

Call me crazy, but I'd love to see an updated use of Circlevision technology, where the floor and the ceiling change, too. You could actually get a sense of what it would look like to stand on various planets. It would be like a combination of Circlevision and Flight to the Moon/Mars, paying tribute to the former attractions, but updating it with more advanced technology. No height, health or body requirements to experience. Something everyone can enjoy.

Last edited:

drizgirl

WIR is past its relevancy and the sequel didn't get the box office numbers Disney wanted. They need a new concept that isn't based on a favor of the week.

Call me crazy, but I'd love to see an updated use of Circlevision technology, where the floor and the ceiling change, too. You could actually get a sense of what it would look like to stand on various planets. It would be like a combination of Circlevision and Flight to the Moon/Mars, paying tribute to the former attractions, but updating it with more advanced technology. No height, health or body requirements to experience. Something everyone can enjoy.
Maybe they will do a live action WIR and revive the whole idea!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom