News Pirate rooms at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort to be replaced with 'under the sea' theme

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Those Pirate rooms were horrific, and the beds nearly broke my back. This is a massive upgrade, argue about theme all you want but the quality and look is leagues above those nasty drably pirate rooms.

JohnD

Those Pirate rooms were horrific, and the beds nearly broke my back. This is a massive upgrade, argue about theme all you want but the quality and look is leagues above those nasty drably pirate rooms.
You can get the same type of room with the same subtles nods to another theme in Pop for less. For Little Mermaid rooms that cost extra, there should be something more. Is the only LM theming a painting? That's it? I get that AoA rooms are mostly family suites but can you really justify the extra cost that is no different from other AoA rooms?

Patcheslee

The room looks nice but thinking the room could use a little bit more theming.
100% this, was trying to figure out why it looked not "when can I book". The finishing touches I'm use to seeing like pictures, table, curtains aren't there. It's very blocky without patterns to break it up a bit.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The color scheme/general design of the rooms looks okay, but I agree with others that it looks like really cheap furniture. Like they bought it in bulk from IKEA and assembled it on-site.
season 9 episode 24 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Dr.GrantSeeker

It’s not bad but it’s not great. It’s almost too generic you don’t even know what it is. And it honestly looks really cheap. I don’t know what it is but it just looks off. Maybe the pull out couch? That little bench in front of it is weird. Definitely an upgrade from those pirate rooms but this is just too bland in my opinion. I’m sure there are lots of people who will like this refurb.

esskay

oof, talk about generic looking. Those shots could be from any random big hotel brand, very severely lacking in the theming department.

Then again, given the location of these rooms they probably know they'll sit mostly empty like the pirate rooms.

Tony the Tigger

CBR is our favorite resort, and where we have stayed the most. It has only gotten better over the years.

I’m of two minds on this. For us, sure, the room is nicer.

For that unique experience of a pirate room, I thought that was something special. We were upgraded to a pirate room one time, and thought it was pretty cool, just the two of us, no kids. We wouldn’t have chosen it, but could definitely see how kids would really get into it.

Now, the room was infested with roaches (not palmetto bugs) and they had to come spray while we were at the parks - so the need for renovation was obvious.

But I would have doubled down on the pirate and/or add a mermaid theme. It’s so few rooms, why not, for that kid’s special bday trip, etc. New beds would have happened in either case, lighten the colors up a bit. I feel like for that specific customer, it’s a loss rather than a gain.

For us, we’ll enjoy it either way, especially with the nearby extra food & bev place and pool.

Last edited:

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
A huge upgrade over the disgusting pirate themed rooms. The colors are perfect for this resort, it's just a shame the room will be downtrodden by the guest in no time.

phillip9698

I hope that’s some really hearty paint, and washable. The room looks like it will take to stains and scuffs like a magnet. I know the rooms we rent aren’t in pristine condition and if you care to look you can see the wear and tear but that room looks like it’s going to show souvenirs from every family that enters.

I don’t know what it is but current Disney seems like it’s above being fun. It’s supposed to be the greatest THEME park in the world. Why not lean into that instead of going the Hampton Inn direction whenever possible?

Last edited:

Sir_Cliff

Can't speak to the quality of the furniture without seeing it in person, but I am with those who see this as a big improvement and more what I consider Disney theming than the pirates rooms. I could do without the Little Mermaid images on those little shelves, but the art above the couch is actually a nice touch and the colours are well chosen to evoke actually being in the Caribbean. It reminds me of places I have stayed in the Caribbean, so I guess that is a success!

I sometimes wonder what people consider Disney theming when I see comments on things like this or the animated Tower of Terror billboard being taken down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom