Trip Report Everything Is Just So Peachy Keen! *COMPLETED*

It certainly was for us Georgia peaches this last week! For those who may be new here, let us introduce ourselves. We are Tuvalu and Em, a mother-daughter duo who love traveling together to Walt Disney World. We take multiple trips per year (this was our third for 2022) and for us, time spent at our resort is just as important to us as time spent in the parks. Slow-paced relaxation is vital to us!

I’m sure this laid-back vibe is what draws people to cruises: pools, bars, a variety of restaurants and activities from which to choose . I can’t do ships. But I can happily “land cruise” at WDW!

Hope you decide to follow along and learn about the surprises on our most recent voyage.

When: July 20-27, 2022
Where: Disney’s Yacht Club and Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resorts

7E160415-7A3A-4F3E-864F-F9C0094A947D.jpeg

Nothing can stop us now!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Woody and I decided to head out after Pirates as the August heat had zapped our energy. I spent some time at the quiet pool while Woody opted to read in the air-conditioned comfort of our room.

In the evening we went over to the Boardwalk.

37D99977-D4CF-4532-9618-31479C71F84C.jpeg

992D5E5B-AD33-4F82-BDC8-0DAF50E03F51.jpeg

Such pretty views around Crescent Lake!

FDCE6518-25A3-4D1B-9D64-E71BC7DC3F9D.jpeg

D29DC5B7-B1BA-4A74-8289-D64C87B4D78E.jpeg

We stopped by the new deli which had recently opened. (Could this sign be any cheaper? :rolleyes: )

56033611-52BE-4078-AF84-F7F43307F41D.jpeg

9AC6C787-8FFE-4E54-B9A9-4EA0D5E66510.jpeg

We didn’t buy anything to eat. We had a dining reservation to get to!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Dinner was at Trattoria al Forno.

51BD1A15-DFEE-404F-809D-65FCE8CD25CE.jpeg

We’d had a very good meal here in October 2021 and Woody requested a repeat visit. We were seated in the small back room….

4937DAEB-4C2A-4037-844B-3A27431E831D.jpeg

….and were given real menus!

430AF3B8-EB6E-4086-9781-247B504021CC.jpeg

Woody found us a tasty wine from the wine list. I did not write down what it was. It was a white, most likely a pinot grigio.

BD513C87-83CC-4DA1-A065-1DAEF79896BD.jpeg

Remarkably we had the same server we’d had previously, though she was distracted tonight and not nearly as fun. She likely had more tables, and was somewhat remiss in checking on us.

From experience we learned that portions at Trattoria are hefty. So we opted to share an appetizer and entrée.

The Insalata Caprese was excellent!

8F227EAB-F52D-4322-BF39-EA9FE96DAA25.jpeg

The plant-based Rigatoni Bolognese was a big hit with both of us last time and did not disappoint this time either.

9C904F3B-5A20-4529-986E-6BF7618C9A32.jpeg

We cleaned both plates and were comfortably full. No room for dessert!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
By the time we got back to the Poly we had room for a nightcap.

Tuvalu at the Tambu.

40DEB6AC-1545-4CCC-B0D0-CB4CFC5A8B5D.jpeg

Long-time bartender Francisco made our drinks. He was actually pleasant, @TrolleyFollower91.

1D86C6AF-7B0F-4095-84F5-2DC9465E08F4.jpeg

Afterwards we took a romantic stroll through the tiki-torch-lit resort grounds. When we reached our longhouse we climbed the exterior stairs and watched the Electrical Water Pageant - followed by the fireworks - from our old favorite viewing spot.

ECD1208A-E4E1-4B65-AA5A-B9E2BCAA8572.jpeg

D489DB71-0032-45A0-BD6C-B8473FDEF3F0.jpeg

196CC9DB-0827-4CDE-B01B-F126172B361D.jpeg

A wonderful way to end a great day!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thursday, August 25

Watching the sun rise is one of my favorite things to do at WDW. You just can’t beat a Florida sunrise (or sunset for that matter). A sunrise for me symbolizes the hope of a new day and the joy that will ensue. In those quiet morning moments I’m able to appreciate the beauty of creation.

95D36CF7-D773-44D8-B768-86470BE8C66F.jpeg

The sunrise from our Poly balcony was lovely, though it pales in comparison to the one I witnessed last week from Bay Lake Tower.

5C91208F-DCDB-425E-8742-9F9AB0FA95C4.jpeg

Woody and I ate a quick breakfast and made it on the 7:15 am bus to Hollywood Studios. Early entry was at 8 and the plan was to head directly to Rise of the Resistance. While Woody likes this attraction, he cannot understand my obsession with it. Honestly I can’t either - I have zero interest in things Star Wars, but I LOVE THIS RIDE!!

Fifteen minutes later we stood among hundreds of other resort guests waiting to enter the park.

3EFBDF65-B32E-4786-9F99-FF7F5E8D2BA8.jpeg

Thanks to the time stamp on my photos, it took seven minutes for us to get through the above choke point and onto Hollywood Boulevard.

8B53D2BF-3253-48AC-B324-31F4EF6401E9.jpeg

Now Em and I can make the walk much faster from here to RotR than Woody and I can. He’s never been a fast walker and continually complains that he cannot keep up with me.

And therein lies a big difference in our personalities. I’m a destination person while he’s a journey person. Over our many decades together the difference has benefitted us both - I’ve learned to slow down and appreciate the journey, while he has learned that lollygagging does not always make for a happy wife! :joyfull:

We walked what Woody considers a normal pace towards Galaxy’s Edge as I silently reminded myself that it was still early enough to get a decent spot in line.

But as we approached the tunnel I saw numerous CMs, which is never a good sign. RotR was down and they weren’t sure when it would open. My heart sank.

What to do instead? I didn’t have a Plan B.

93boomer

Premium Member
Thursday, August 25

Watching the sun rise is one of my favorite things to do at WDW. You just can’t beat a Florida sunrise (or sunset for that matter). A sunrise for me symbolizes the hope of a new day and the joy that will ensue. In those quiet morning moments I’m able to appreciate the beauty of creation.

View attachment 681478

The sunrise from our Poly balcony was lovely, though it pales in comparison to the one I witnessed last week from Bay Lake Tower.

View attachment 681481

Woody and I ate a quick breakfast and made it on the 7:15 am bus to Hollywood Studios. Early entry was at 8 and the plan was to head directly to Rise of the Resistance. While Woody likes this attraction, he cannot understand my obsession with it. Honestly I can’t either - I have zero interest in things Star Wars, but I LOVE THIS RIDE!!

Fifteen minutes later we stood among hundreds of other resort guests waiting to enter the park.

View attachment 681479

Thanks to the time stamp on my photos, it took seven minutes for us to get through the above choke point and onto Hollywood Boulevard.

View attachment 681480

Now Em and I can make the walk much faster from here to RotR than Woody and I can. He’s never been a fast walker and continually complains that he cannot keep up with me.

And therein lies a big difference in our personalities. I’m a destination person while he’s a journey person. Over our many decades together the difference has benefitted us both - I’ve learned to slow down and appreciate the journey, while he has learned that lollygagging does not always make for a happy wife! :joyfull:

We walked what Woody considers a normal pace towards Galaxy’s Edge as I silently reminded myself that it was still early enough to get a decent spot in line.

But as we approached the tunnel I saw numerous CMs, which is never a good sign. RotR was down and they weren’t sure when it would open. My heart sank.

What to do instead? I didn’t have a Plan B.
I have a slow walker too! 🤦🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Plan B by default.

F5F8B0CD-CB17-4DDA-B3DE-F8EFEC352DFD.jpeg

Note that this attraction wasn’t open yet, as it was just 7:45 - 15 minutes prior to early entry. Woody and I joined the long stationary line, hopeful that once the doors opened our actual wait wouldn’t be too bad.

Our waiting spot was in the courtyard. I was bemoaning the fact that RotR was down and how we probably wouldn’t get to ride it this trip, since we wouldn’t want to stand in an hours-long queue once it opened.

“Is Rise on Genie+?” Woody asked me.

“It’s an Individual Lightning Lane attraction,” I replied. “Meaning you can just buy admission for Rise without purchasing Genie+.”

Then Woody spoke his infamous phrase, “So it’s a problem we can solve with money.”

“Yeah….” I uttered, my brain racing with the possibility of doing Rise yet paying for anything Genie related cut me to the core. Was I really willing to let Genie out of the lamp?

Seeing the dilemma on my face Woody added, “We are on vacation.”

I opened the MDE app and saw the available time (and price) for a Rise ILL. The next available time was in the evening. We would be returning to DHS for a dinner ADR, so the time would work.

Then I did something I never thought I would do.

24D48AA1-A9E8-4439-81E4-A4E8ABA9B737.jpeg

But it gets worse.

Seeing how easy it was to hand Disney $$, I checked availability for another ILL purchase. :jawdrop:

I felt bad that Woody had missed his opportunity to ride Guardians of the Galaxy the other night. (Em had gotten us a Boarding Group but thunderstorms prevented us from using it.) He’d enjoyed it so much the first time and I wanted him to have a second ride.

Another problem I could solve with money.

So I did.

B98C7006-EFB3-4D6E-AA45-E2E50436459E.jpeg

Who are you and what have you done with Tuvalu??!!

The best part was that I surprised Woody with the Guardians ILL later.

The moment I closed the app the MMRR line began to move forward. Twenty minutes later we were ready for our train ride.

B54AF0A0-15B3-44B2-9CD3-9220163B8898.jpeg

We exited just as the park was opening to all guests. Woody was agreeable to walk Tuvalu-style to our next destination, to stay ahead of the crowds.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hello Toy Woody! Human Woody and his gal have come to play in your backyard.

865E5FFF-C275-474A-A845-C4FB0CCF6293.jpeg

We joined the queue for Slinky Dog. Standby wait was posted at 60 minutes but since we had beaten day guests to the attraction, we trusted that the wait time was inflated.

I thought this was an interesting angle - the coaster looked huge but the spires of Galaxy’s Edge seemed so small.

897C75A2-65B4-490F-AFAB-88AF201F93DA.jpeg

Thirty minutes was our actual wait.

1526DFD6-942B-44A3-822F-7919490376F2.jpeg

7C6B5D07-404D-4E85-AB52-B01F253289C6.jpeg

Always a fun but short (two minutes!) ride.

3D86AD3C-58B5-416F-807D-D18AA45B4EEE.jpeg

slipperalwaysfits

I’m more of a Journey person and DH is the destination guy. We have a similar problem on Disney trips. His legs go so much faster than mine—- unless it’s 5 minutes before park closing and we are trying to get on a ride—my legs miraculously work!!

MickeyCB

“It’s an Individual Lightning Lane attraction,” I replied. “Meaning you can just buy admission for Rise without purchasing Genie+.”

Then Woody spoke his infamous phrase, “So it’s a problem we can solve with money.”

“Yeah….” I uttered, my brain racing with the possibility of doing Rise yet paying for anything Genie related cut me to the core. Was I really willing to let Genie out of the lamp?

Seeing the dilemma on my face Woody added, “We are on vacation.”

I opened the MDE app and saw the available time (and price) for a Rise ILL. The next available time was in the evening. We would be returning to DHS for a dinner ADR, so the time would work.

Then I did something I never thought I would do.
What happens at Disney stays at Disney.
Unless you do a trip report. :)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thursday, con’t

We followed (not intentionally) a couple (around our age) from the Slinky Dog exit into the Toy Story Mania entrance. The posted wait was 70 minutes which we figured was waaay inflated, since no one was waiting in the outdoor queue and we entered into this:

B351D309-02C3-4B58-9D17-02890C38269F.jpeg

The couple ahead of us turned around and the man said laughing, “No way is this 70 minutes!” I bantered back something, we all laughed and kept walking. We didn’t see any other guests until we were about three rows from Mr. Potato Head (who was hidden behind a curtain).

We had reached the end of the line.

We had also stopped moving forward. And we stayed put for nearly 20 minutes. Eventually an announcement was made apologizing for the wait as there was only one track running. When the line began to move, we inched along very slowly. While it wasn’t a 70 minute wait, we did wait 40.

Yet the time flew by.

We’d made fast friends with Greg and Sheila. They too were longtime Disney vets and had adult children and grands similar in age to ours. Woody told them how competitive I am and I don’t think they believed him until they saw the score results for themselves.

D5F1781F-7ABE-49C2-AFB0-9E6787AF4E45.jpeg

CACBC549-DEC7-45E8-B08C-E58E03F5763B.jpeg

EEF06C2C-C8B2-4609-80D4-F93E7AA65690.jpeg

“Woody was right! You did get Best in Vehicle!” Greg declared as we deposited our 3D glasses into the bin.

We shared a final laugh before parting ways.

The new gift store at the exit had opened and Woody & I popped in for a quick peek.

6B1D16FD-B94C-4F7F-861C-D55D944FFB96.jpeg

I thought Disney did a nice job with the merchandise displays.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I offered to wait in line with Woody for Rock ‘N Roller Coaster. It’s one of his favorites.

B2872406-3C61-48B8-A5A6-6CBA7157FC83.jpeg

We chose the Single Rider Line so we wouldn’t have to queue in the sun. The day was shaping up to be a scorcher. The outdoor part of the SRL was undercover in the shade and while we were stationary for periods of time it was bearable. Especially after we made it inside to the a/c.

I left Woody in the load zone as I took the backstage exit. 🐓

He can’t keep his eyes open during the launch. (I promise he wasn’t sleeping!)

F0D46F7B-BC96-4A2E-9075-AD13FE969732.jpeg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom