News Bob Iger is back! Chapek is out!!

castlecake2.0

Taking down Bob's sign seems a bit low, actually. Has anyone else's "window on Main Street" type acknowledgement ever been removed because someone fell out of favor with the current regime? It really feels like they're very disingenuously trying to rewrite history and hide the fact that Iger hand-picked Chapek and every single thing Chapek did was a continuation of Iger's policies.
They always change it depending who the current person is, it’s not the same as a window tribute

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Is it? I was under the impression that they began discussing a halt to theatrical productions after Solo bombed, and solidified the decision when Last Jedi underperformed.
That is correct. They didn’t buy LFL for $4,000,000,000 to NOT make movies
No, it was discussed when the initial timeframe was laid out. If I have time later I'll find a quote from Iger.
You Mean the guy doing damage control.

…as soon as you Venmo me the payment, I’ll get those magic beans we discussed right over to you 👍🏻

CaptainAmerica

The cast members know nothing. I had some detailed conversations during the pandemic to feel them out

First, they seem to not grasp the P&R head is beholden 100% to the ceo…in this case that was chapek. It’s their largest revenue source. They’re not “half in”

Second, they see a guy posting selfies on Instagram and Facebook with the serfs and think that matters at all…which it never will.

The deal is/was they hated chapek and needed a saviour so they picked tight pants. It there’s no divergence. Never was
It's so weird because I've seen stories of Adventureland merch cast who reacted to Chapek getting canned with tears of joy. Then the VPs and Directors I know were like "oh wow, interesting, back to my actual job, which this is unlikely to affect significantly in the short term, if ever. I think front-liners saw Chapek as the avatar of all the ways in which their lives were miserable during COVID. Fans did this too. All the COVID stuff that they hated got lumped under "bald man bad."

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Anybody want to buy an action figure?

9728A590-851D-4269-BE70-AA9F5878C450.jpeg

Make an offer.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's so weird because I've seen stories of Adventureland merch cast who reacted to Chapek getting canned with tears of joy. Then the VPs and Directors I know were like "oh wow, interesting, back to my actual job, which this is unlikely to affect significantly in the short term, if ever. I think front-liners saw Chapek as the avatar of all the ways in which their lives were miserable during COVID. Fans did this too. All the COVID stuff that they hated got lumped under "bald man bad."
I think that was the natural response on all levels. Also…if one person is the bad guy…then no one else has to be

MrPromey

John Carter was way better than it gets credit. It should have spawned a multi movie franchise. Indiana Jones in space.

People didn't understand the history of the "franchise".

It looked in the trailers like a weird knockoff of a lot of other movies that had come before it and most people didn't realize that major elements of those movies were actually cribbed from the original John Carter stories (Barsoom) that are now over a hundred years old.

Everyone I know who knew the source material or even just the comics from the 70's, loved the movie.

DCLcruiser

People didn't understand the history of the "franchise".

It looked in the trailers like a weird knockoff of a lot of other movies that had come before it and most people didn't realize that major elements of those movies were actually cribbed from the original John Carter stories (Barsoom) that are now over a hundred years old.

Everyone I know who knew the source material or even just the comics from the 70's, loved the movie.
Agreed. Carter is the origin of everything.

Let the people who did MoonKnight reboot JC. Would be awesome. Then push more of the Earth/Mars back and forth. Give it a mystery or Indiana Jones professor feel on Earth and Star Wars romance on Mars. Make the aliens less weird, plus real actors. And change the title so it’s descriptive.

MrPromey

Agreed. Carter is the origin of everything.

Let the people who did MoonKnight reboot JC. Would be awesome. Then push more of the Earth/Mars back and forth. Give it a mystery or Indiana Jones professor feel on Earth and Star Wars romance on Mars. Make the aliens less weird, plus real actors. And change the title so it’s descriptive.

And maybe lean hard into it's lineage ("THE ONE THAT STARTED IT ALL!") in the marketing rather than act like it's something new, to help get people interested and reduce confusion.

Last edited:

erasure fan1

*Looks at Star Wars series that a very significant body of critics and viewers are hailing as a genuine masterpiece and the best show of the year*

Fans: We must remove Kathleen Kennedy at once or this chaos may continue.
Yea that's a pretty bad take in my opinion. I'll give her a clear win for Rogue one, Mando and Andor. Everything else is suspect. Even Andor with everything good about it didn't really knock it out of the park from a general audience buzz standpoint. Theatrical star wars is a train wreck. She's cancelled more things than finished. And all but last Jedi, Mando and Andor didn't have troubled productions. I'll give props for what's right. But even a broken clock is right twice a day. It's ok to think some of the things she's done turned out ok, and at the same time think she isn't the right person to lead the franchise. You can't just base it on one thing either way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom