News Bob Iger is back! Chapek is out!!

fgmnt

Not praising Jim Cramer in general, but he actually hit the nail head-on with Disney.

It remains to be seen if the board and the new old boss understand that the crisis of confidence in the brand extends beyond Hollywood and Wall Street, but like I said earlier today, I think that a negative perception of domestic park operations might have finally breached containment beyond the digital walls of forums and niche communities like this one. If Q1 financials for the park come in soft but the country does not fall into a recession by the time earnings for the quarter are announced, that would be the most salient evidence that the parks need a course correct just like media. You would have to stem the bleeding immediately and restore soon after, or the division could spiral and take the company with it.

This is complete wish casting and probably will not happen but here goes: I can't think of something that would restore consumer confidence in the company quite like rolling out a massive, 11-figure capital improvement plan that touches every domestic park once interest rates come back down, and hopefully by the 100th anniversary of the company.

Like I said, complete wishcasting on my part. But it seems like wishcasting worked out well for some people in the last 24 hours, so let's see if this one works too.

brb1006

Don't care for any of that. Not into Star Wars at all and don't like cartoons.
ca2.jpg

How could anybody dislike watching cartoons?

JoeCamel

If they can just get rid of that stupid reservation system now, I would return. Do we think Iger might be open to that?

The very FIRST thing that Iger needs to do is call Joe Rode and beg him to return. That would be a really cool first step that would send a great message to Disney parks fans.
Bob will be a little busy plugging a 1.5B hole to manage the parks, they will be left to the park managers.
He also has to do all those interviews looking for his replacement........

Last edited:

erasure fan1

If they can just get rid of that stupid reservation system now, I would return. Do we think Iger might be open to that?
Unless we have been lied to about attendance. I don't think we see any changes in the parks. Do they have the staff to drop the reservation system? Because if they drop it, they'll need the staff in all the parks. And I don't see Iger doing that.

Fordlover

Finally caught up, I’ve read several posts asking if Iger will remove reservations, G+, etc and my answer is I certainly hope so. I’ve also seen several responses asking how he’d control attendance and make up the lost revenue if he did and I think the answer to both is simple… raise prices again.

I would rather pay $200 upfront for a ticket than pay $150 for a ticket and then be asked to pay $20 each to get on the good rides. The airline model needs to end immediately, Disney should not be the Spirit airlines of the theme park industry!

I have no problem with Disney raising prices to lower demand but if they do they better offer a premium product that’s worth the premium price, the nickel and diming for a constantly diminishing product is far worse than an expensive upfront cost.
Yes! I’d happily pay an extra 20 or 30 bucks on the tickets, but having to buy genie then spend the whole trip with my nose in my phone screen? I can stay home and surf my phone screen all day for a hell of a lot cheaper.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom