News Bob Iger is back! Chapek is out!!

Sir_Cliff

Now of course, having a disney land that stretches two parks, would probably be very bad since all the parks have their own unique themes, but maybe if they could figure out a solid IP that can fit two parks (for example Wall E in BOTH tomorrowland and EPCOT), then it could work.
How about Cars Land at DHS and Cars 2 Land at World Showcase?

;)

Tom P.

He'd be 80 by then. That's way too old to run an organization this size.

😒
Like I said, the President of the United States is 80 and both leading candidates for the next election would serve well into their 80's. So, for what that's worth...

They made that. It's called Slinky Dog Dash and people crap all over it.
People crap all over anything Disney does, moreso here than anywhere else. Some of it is justified, some isn't. Look, immersive can be good. Pandora, Wizarding World, etc. I've got no objection to. Nor with the concept of Galaxy's Edge, although I have issues with the execution. But not everything needs to be immersive. Good, fun, standalone rides -- even if based on IP -- can be just as entertaining.

DonniePeverley

The problem is the main Disney studios there movies have been bad and the Disney+ content including disenchanted and hocos Pocus 2 was atrocious like real low effort stuff that actually hurt the brands. Was better off not doing that stuff and leaving the streaming content to marvel and lucas

Utter nonsense.

Hocus Pocus 2, Disenchanted were low cost content, that does what it says in the tin. It can still be awful, but that's nothing to do with budget - most likely the creativity behind it was poor. Disney have been doing this for years producing direct to video sequels for some of it's major IP's - it's a cheap non risk production. Hopefully you get some gems.

You also have the other side - where you need the big spectacle and need to throw money at the productions due to the special effects, actors, etc - then because of the budget and risk, you have to throw further money behind it to promote it.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Are you just making stuff up?

I don’t have time to refute all of this but Turning Red alone was a $160 million loss.

Between the three of them, Soul, Luca, and Turning Red generated exactly zero new Disney+ subscribers.

$175M budget. Do you think it created or retained enough D+ subscriptions to make it worth that?

1669077848875.png

Y'all see the big "losses" that Soul, Luca, and Turning Red had? Do you know why they had, on paper, huge losses? Just look at the CinemaScore. There ain't none. Those three movies did not get a wide theatrical release. Only in those countries in which movie theaters were open did they appear on the big screen. For all intents and purposes, they were released directly to Disney+.

Nielsen wasn't giving out top ten numbers during the time of Soul, but they were for Luca and Turning Red. Luca appeared in the Top Ten movies over 23 weeks for a total of 10 Billion minutes watched. That's why it was the most watched streaming movie in 2021.

Turning Red made the Top Ten 16 times for 8.5 Billion minutes streamed. Both with critics and audiences, they received high ratings.

So, when y'all trot out that "it lost money" and "it was bad" and "it didn't help D+".... y'all are just crazy.

Trauma

View attachment 680044

Y'all see the big "losses" that Soul, Luca, and Turning Red had? Do you know why they had, on paper, huge losses? Just look at the CinemaScore. There ain't none. Those three movies did not get a wide theatrical release. Only in those countries in which movie theaters were open did they appear on the big screen. For all intents and purposes, they were released directly to Disney+.

Nielsen wasn't giving out top ten numbers during the time of Soul, but they were for Luca and Turning Red. Luca appeared in the Top Ten movies over 23 weeks for a total of 10 Billion minutes watched. That's why it was the most watched streaming movie in 2021.

Turning Red made the Top Ten 16 times for 8.5 Billion minutes streamed. Both with critics and audiences, they received high ratings.

So, when y'all trot out that "it lost money" and "it was bad" and "it didn't help D+".... y'all are just crazy.
It’s amazing the knots you twist yourself in to defend mediocrity.

Vegas Disney Fan

We live in a world where reality tv, the Kardashians, a dozen different real housewives shows, etc are watched by millions, I’ll never shame anyone for liking an average or even poor (to me) Disney/Pixar movie.

I’m not even a fan of Turning Red and I’ve probably watched it 3 or 4 times, it’s far superior to 99% of the nonsense on TV today.

Mmoore29

Hocus Pocus 2 does not hurt the brand, stuff like Live action Pinnochio does. Everyone I know who's seen it HATES it.
I liked it a lot, actually. Go ahead and use the Zoidberg meme on me if you want, but I really did like it. I personally have liked all the offerings in that genre. Admittedly some more than others, but I didn't hate any of them whatsoever.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom