News Bob Iger is back! Chapek is out!!

LSLS

It's not going to happen, I know well enough to not be optimistic about pretty much anything, but the level of return they could get from the tiniest gesture of goodwill by bringing back Magical Express would be profound.

Imagine if he announces they will fix the yeti........

But honestly, I'm not even sure it needs to be as expensive as that. The majority of Disney people WANT to be happy there. Give them something tiny that costs very little. Honestly it's been so long since I've been there I'm not sure what that is, but just bring something back. I've heard trams mentioned here a few times.

DonniePeverley

I think we can all guess what will happen to Pixar if they don't start returning to form.

It has had no direction since John Lassetter left. It's basically just Disney now, there is now no differential between Disney animation and Pixar.

The only benefit from the deal i suppose now is they have the back catalogue when they were really good.

denyuntilcaught

I understand that Chapeks handling of Florida’s Parental Rights in Education act certainly plays into his departure. However the bickering over politics in this thread is extremely distasteful. It would be fine if it could be done in a constructive manner, but it just devolves into name calling by BOTH sides of the argument.
I agree, but think a better way to approach this topic (and pulling this away from the political discussion problem) is by addressing Chapek's overall, and extremely radiant lack of EQ.

To say he lacked people skills is an understatement. He broadly lacked that empathy, awareness, social skills, and self-regulation that should be the North Star to most people-facing decisions, including the Florida snafu.

cloudboy

The war for Disney - who will win?

The timing of this, on the heals of the tragedy in Colorado Springs, could not be worse. Even if it had no impact on the decision, there is no way it is ever going to be untied from that now. Disney may have made a huge mistake in announcing this now.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Its the truth though and is well documented. He kept passing over other potential successors (who would then leave the company entirely).

Iger chose his successor and even after the fact remained as advisor for an additional year.
The first part is true…

Where it crumbles is chapek was there because Iger left in a rush two weeks before Covid shut the world down.

Coward. That is documented too. The government knew in December at the latest…so Wall Street knew 3 minutes later

DCLcruiser

But honestly, I'm not even sure it needs to be as expensive as that. The majority of Disney people WANT to be happy there. Give them something tiny that costs very little. Honestly it's been so long since I've been there I'm not sure what that is, but just bring something back. I've heard trams mentioned here a few times.
Rohde made it sound like the fix was nearly impossible.

Heppenheimer

I mean... that's on you.
I'm not a Marvel fan at all, but if I was, there is no way I'd be able to keep up with all that content. Job, family, hobbies, pets, work-outs, travel, etc.

Heck, I am a Star Wars fan, and I haven't even had the chance to watch Mandalorian season 2 yet. I liked the one episode I saw of Andor, and if things line up exactly, I might be able to watch episode 2 sometime next year.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
too many factors to fully point that way. it's always ebbs and flows. and no one knows when you'll actually catch lightning in a bottle (see Top Gun 2)

Movies are also still getting back on track. We've been getting the big wave of covid content (modified productions/reduced limited work force) and I think it show in many of these TV and films that have come out since.

Was inevitable things would simmer with Marvel content after Endgame, and now they're hopefully creating the next wave of storytelling to ramp up again.
Don’t hold your breath…they knocked out their 2 pillar MCU actors
We’ll see

mf1972

having read most pages (my head would explode if i read all 50+), i’ll just say i’m glad chapek is gone. who knows how much of an impact Iger will have in a 2 year span, but there’s some minor things i would like to see. bring back magical express. it was convenient for guests. also bring back extra evening hours for all resort guests. if they can accommodate deluxe & dvc guests, no reason why they can’t accommodate value & moderate guests as well. and i would love to see them ditch genie & resort parking fees, but that ain’t happening. i’ll be shocked it it did.

BobPar

I truly hope the plan isnt to give back everything they took away & have every Disney pixie duster fawn over that & be happy....

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
5D04DE71-484F-4193-B2BA-B50DE24B8273.jpeg

Heppenheimer

It has had no direction since John Lassetter left. It's basically just Disney now, there is now no differential between Disney animation and Pixar.

The only benefit from the deal i suppose now is they have the back catalogue when they were really good.
It's really only a difference of real estate and back catalogues at this point.

And it wouldn't surprise me if soon the sole difference was back catalogues.

Laketravis

After letting this news simmer for a bit I've been looking at feedback among many different venues of social media. Specifically NOT fan sites, but comments and responses to a wealth of articles and news reports.

And that feedback is, surprisingly, focused on parks. They suck, they are crowded, it's too expensive, never going back, no more magic, not the same anymore, money grab, you did this to yourself, bound to fail, squeezed as much as you could, etc.

I'm seeing very little response to news articles and opinions citing IP or movies or streaming or the other Disney silos. These comments are not mentioning streaming subscriptions or cruise ships or current theatrical releases or.............anything else.

They are talking about parks, and to a lesser extent - stock price.

Anecdotal? Perhaps. But check it out for yourself. Delve outside this forum for a bit. Maybe Iger will hear what the rest have ignored:

It's the parks, stupid.

They feed/support the wants and desires and motivations and success of everything else Disney does. If the parks fail, so fails the rest of the domain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom