News Bob Iger is back! Chapek is out!!

FigmentFan82

I think they should have given it more time

But nobody knows what any of that is…which is the push to fringe problem

There’s a reason why “comic book geek” Is a term…gotta push towards main stream at all times
Ironman was fringe to 99% of movie goers until he wasn't. Marvel success is only limited to actually making a good movie, which is not an easy thing to do. Their track record (and your mileage may vary) is proof they have good creative instincts when it comes to adapting the comic book catalogue.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ironman was fringe to 99% of movie goers until he wasn't. Marvel success is only limited to actually making a good movie, which is not an easy thing to do. Their track record (and your mileage may vary) is proof they have good creative instincts when it comes to adapting the comic book catalogue.
But diminishing returns since they’ve push out.

True…better movies are the way to go…but the Star power has waned a bit too.

They need some X in their lives

Slpy3270

Apparently Christine McCarthy was part of the group who wanted Chapek gone. If that's the case why did she extend her contract?

CaptainAmerica

People can’t be happy…. Almost nobody liked Chappie… anything is better than him.
I'm going to stop punching you in the face and start kicking you in the nuts instead.

"People can't be happy.... Almost nobody liked being punched in the face... Anything is better than that."

Disneyfan_76

For a variety of reasons, the Disney brand has been damaged significantly these last few years. This is not an easy thing to just repair. Even if Iger was to make sweeping changes and spending in the parks, I'm not sure it would help much at this point. Once you turn on a customer base and pass that 'trust threshold' there really isn't any going back. This idea that Disney only wants to have the 'rich' in their parks is going to last well past Chapek.

LSLS

People can’t be happy…. Almost nobody liked Chappie… anything is better than him.

Famous last words. I could be wrong, but I fully expect Iger to ratchet up the Chapek stuff even more since he is much better at the PR and thinking people will accept it. Unless you are talking about for the stockholders, in which case, you are probably not far off.

CaptainAmerica

For a variety of reasons, the Disney brand has been damaged significantly these last few years. This is not an easy thing to just repair. Even if Iger was to make sweeping changes and spending in the parks, I'm not sure it would help much at this point. Once you turn on a customer base and pass that 'trust threshold' there really isn't any going back. This idea that Disney only wants to have the 'rich' in their parks is going to last well past Chapek.
It's not going to happen, I know well enough to not be optimistic about pretty much anything, but the level of return they could get from the tiniest gesture of goodwill by bringing back Magical Express would be profound.

sedati

A lamp post is better than Chapek, but Iger is just as "woke" as Chapek was. He's just been better for the brand.
Yes, this is and has for quite a while been a "Woke for Profit" company. It's a hard but noble thread to needle and Chapek clearly couldn't wasn't up to the task.

FigmentFan82

But diminishing returns since they’ve push out.

True…better movies are the way to go…but the Star power has waned a bit too.

They need some X in their lives
too many factors to fully point that way. it's always ebbs and flows. and no one knows when you'll actually catch lightning in a bottle (see Top Gun 2)

Movies are also still getting back on track. We've been getting the big wave of covid content (modified productions/reduced limited work force) and I think it show in many of these TV and films that have come out since.

Was inevitable things would simmer with Marvel content after Endgame, and now they're hopefully creating the next wave of storytelling to ramp up again.

epcotWSC

Returning prices to the already expensive Pre-Covid levels would be a start.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom