News Bob Iger is back! Chapek is out!!

MrPromey

HOLY CRAP! :oops:

I was just coming to post an article (or three) about this, too!

I read more than one just to make sure it wasn't a prank!

MrPromey

Wow, interesting turn of events.

How long until they can make the parks an enjoyable, worry free, experience again?

Hard to say. Bob 1.0 was never much of a parks guy, leaving it to Bob 2.0 which is part of how things ended up the way they are during his first reign. Is he going to care enough to pay more attention this time? :/

Last edited:

Dan Deesnee

They want Iger to guide them through the incredibly big effect Epic Universe is going to have on the industry in Florida. Iger helped through Harry Potter.

Also 2 years is how long they signed him to come back for, in 2 years Epic Universe will be about to open. Just the right amount of time to set the vision, put the pieces in place, and get the ball rolling.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Executive Leadership page has been updated -

Screen Shot 2022-11-20 at 10.48.36 PM.png

kingdead

The best part of this is that Chapek is gone from Disney completely. No more departments for him to mess up. Disney…where dreams really do come true!

It wasn’t so much that he was handpicked so much as he was #2, Iger was terrified of the pandemic tarnishing his legacy, so he got the heck out of dodge. Now he can return as a white knight.
It really is a Disney ending... a little bird flies up to Iger and tells The True King that his kingdom is in danger, and he can no longer shirk his responsibilities as the Chosen One. He comes back from his exile in the Badlands (ok, attempting to secure an ambassadorship) and throws that ugly Chapek off a cliff, a beam of light parts the clouds, and Fastpasses and theatrical releases rain down from the sky. Truly the Circle of Life...

MrPromey

I mean… Iger hand picking Chapek got us into this mess in the first place. Maybe this time he can find a guy with at least one creative bone in his body

I don't think he really "hand picked" him - more like, he was the guy standing in the room when Bob I decided to dive out of the C-Suite with his golden parachute just as the rest of the world was learning about the pandemic.

Remember, he expected to help guide and train the new CEO over the next couple of years before Bob C told him to pound dirt.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

This is awesome news.

All Iger has to do is unwind 20% of the un-guest-friendly park decisions made under Chapek and he'll be hailed a hero.
Why? Most of them started under Iger and none are anathema to his vision.

It wasn’t so much that he was handpicked so much as he was #2, Iger was terrified of the pandemic tarnishing his legacy, so he got the heck out of dodge. Now he can return as a white knight.
Iger spent years and multiple extensions claiming he was creating a succession plan when he clearly was not.

They want Iger to guide them through the incredibly big effect Epic Universe is going to have on the industry in Florida. Iger helped through Harry Potter.

Also 2 years is how long they signed him to come back for, in 2 years Epic Universe will be about to open. Just the right amount of time to set the vision, put the pieces in place, and get the ball rolling.
Yeah, no.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom