News Chapek FIRED, Iger New CEO

fgmnt

He’s an opportunistic lapdog who’s good at making himself look good.
Unfortunately probably why he will be number one with a bullet.

I am not saying this out of a fanboy devotion to this company, but as someone who finds its resilience and diversity of business so fascinating--you need a unique person to run a unique company. There are no unique people in the C-suites in Burbank.

Smiley/OCD

Unfortunately probably why he will be number one with a bullet.

I am not saying this out of a fanboy devotion to this company, but as someone who finds its resilience and diversity of business so fascinating--you need a unique person to run a unique company. There are no unique people in the C-suites in Burbank.
It’s true…it’s like those two trains heading towards each other on the same track…now the track has changed, that’s all…

Touchdown

G+ ain’t going away, nor is dynamic pricing but I’m holding out a little hope for the park reservations and 2pm hopping going away. I mean it would allow them to charge a flat (and inflated) fee to hoppers as they could simply price them at x amount + MK ticket rate.

tanc

I'm not sure what is going to happen with the parks. As much as I think things may be reverted, I don't think we will get magical express. I don't know if we will still have park reservations. That's awfully a lot to change and what not.

All I hope is everything is at least headed into the right direction. Disney can't have a mistake like this again, it's embarrassing.

SorcererDonald16

This is a nominally creative company displaying it is completely bereft of creativity from the top-down.

But I am sure everything will sort itself out in due time.
I assume it would never happen, but I wish they would go back to the original way the company was run, one genius creative and one financial genius working together to make the best product and keep the company going and growing. I’m pessimistic any one single person exists who knows the company from a business and personal level who could juggle both sides on their own. If there are or were within the company, they were likely pushed out or held down/back from advancement because that’s ‘not the way it’s done’ anymore.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Genie+ won't be going away.
Park Pass reservations won't be going away.
Dynamic pricing on park tickets (and park hoppers) won't be going away.

But hopefully changes are at least coming?

Or am I being too optimistic..

I agree, but part of that is due to staffing which they could improve but it won't happen quickly and that's if they decide to increase staffing for now which probably won't happen for a bit.

However I do think they could increase availability a bit as they were running a lot of things lower than capacity

Vegas Disney Fan

I personally think this was the plan all along. Let Chappie do all the dirty work until it gets too much push back. Iger rides back in to save things (without actually changing that much). 2.0 gets his golden parachute. And a new narrative is born, forgetting that 1.0 was actually the origin of much of this damage to begin with.

I think the same, Chapek was hired as the fall guy to implement extremely unpopular changes, Iger gets to come back and roll the changes back 25% and look like a hero.

I’m an Iger fan so I’m thrilled with this transition but I dont have massive expectations for things to go back to 2019. Iger wasn‘t huge on park expansion buy at least he maintained the parks and they all improved under his reign, I don’t think anyone would say the same about Chapek.

I don’t feel too bad for Chapek, if my boss offered me $50 million to be the fall guy for 2 years I’d do it in a second.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom