News Chapek FIRED, Iger New CEO

_caleb

Iger has loved being the reluctant leader. He did it repeatedly with his extensions. We saw it during the pandemic when he quickly tried to reassert himself into operations. He was clearly angling for it with politics, and then the NFL. His legacy at Disney had turned into people asking him about Chapek, and now he gets to be the hero again.

I mean everything in those last few years when Iger was COO. The whole narrative is how he came in and turned things around, completely glossing over how he was part of what he “fixed”.
Oh, yes. I expect several victory laps on Good Morning America

Epcot82Guy

I personally think this was the plan all along. Let Chappie do all the dirty work until it gets too much push back. Iger rides back in to save things (without actually changing that much). 2.0 gets his golden parachute. And a new narrative is born, forgetting that 1.0 was actually the origin of much of this damage to begin with.

fgmnt

True. Bob 2.0 has bungled the media part of the company more than … the BoD could have thought (those of us who despised the bald-headed crap peddler from day 1 in 2015 could have told you he didn’t have a clue about anything).
Bob the Elder is excellent at the craft of selling good lies to obscure bad truths about the company.
Bob the Lesser opted for a different strategy, selling bad truths about the company as good truths.

The new strategy has lost. I am expecting a return to the old strategy until a majority on the BoD smells what a lot of us in here have been smelling for over a decade.

lazyboy97o

I personally think this was the plan all along. Let Chappie do all the dirty work until it gets too much push back. Iger rides back in to save things (without actually changing that much). 2.0 gets his golden parachute. And a new narrative is born, forgetting that 1.0 was actually the origin of much of this damage to begin with.
This wasn’t a plan, it’s just New Coke but Bob Classic remains as flat as ever.

SorcererDonald16

All I know for certain is that the guy who tried serving me SPAM for $100 a slice stunk, but the guy who put the SPAM on the menu in the first place stunk too.

I just don’t understand what they are doing or thinking. Sure, Iger can bring some sense of stability like an old shoe, but he set up and contributed to them finding themselves in this mess in the first place. So who is going to actually fix the mess eventually? If the internal thought process is D’Amaro— LOL.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Bob the Elder is excellent at the craft of selling good lies to obscure bad truths about the company.
Bob the Lesser opted for a different strategy, selling bad truths about the company as good truths.

The new strategy has lost. I am expecting a return to the old strategy until a majority on the BoD smells what a lot of us in here have been smelling for over a decade.

Fran Healy Reaction GIF by Travis

fgmnt

All I know for certain is that the guy who tried serving me SPAM for $100 a slice stunk, but the guy who put the SPAM on the menu in the first place stunk too.

I just don’t understand what they are doing or thinking. Sure, Iger can bring some sense of stability like an old shoe, but he set up and contributed to them finding themselves in this mess in the first place. So who is going to actually fix the mess eventually? If the internal thought process is D’Amaro— LOL.
This is a nominally creative company displaying it is completely bereft of creativity from the top-down.

But I am sure everything will sort itself out in due time.

EPCOT-O.G.

UNC fans and Duke haters alike have long believed Coach K overstated his back injury in the mid-90’s, knowing his team was set to take some big losses and he didn’t want to sully his record, only to return when the certainty of those big losses had passed.

Just thinking of that right now for some reason.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I liked Iger more than a lot of people here. Yes he made a lot of bad decisions, but also made a lot of good decisions as well...he did a lot to steer the company in a good direction overall and helped Disney become the juggernaut it is.

Remember it's possible we wouldn't have Pixar, Lucasfilm, Marvel or Fox (outcome not great yet, I know) without Iger and Disney would be a much smaller company relying on a lot popular less content to keep stable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom