News Chapek FIRED, Iger New CEO

Animaniac93-98

Correct me it I'm wrong, but it seems highly unusual that a major move like this would happen on a Sunday night? Doesn't that seem to mean that something blew up internally that we are not yet privy to that caused the board to have to move immediately?

Timing is interesting... so I don't think it's a direct 'you failed, so you're fired'... this almost sounds like a 'situation' scenario. Something blew up.. and the board had to react on very short notice. I mean, how else does this go down on a Sunday night the week before thanksgiving without a peep before hand?

I wonder if there was some new mandate that BC was given that he just flipped his table over? I would be shocked that the board would move on such odd timing if it were just performance related.

The whole situation is bizarre and I think unprecedented in the company's history.

I haven't seen anything this bonkers from Disney since...they made a cartoon show called Bonkers.

Big_Shakalaka

Someone wake up Martin.
@marni1971
Finding Nemo Disney GIF

_caleb

Could be a bit of both. This past week I think all the negative press the parks were getting from all sides (WSJ wrote a front page article, Jim Cramer called for his resignation, The Young Turks did an episode on the disney parks crumbling) just hit a critical mass on top of his other f**kups and they had to ditch him
I think the negative press is a HUGE part of this. Unless Chapek was busted for some indiscretion, I think it came down to those “the magic is gone” stories.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Maybe Iger was setting Chapek up to be the fall guy?

Annual report prep shows all the doom... They walk Chapek out there to take all the bullets

They let Chapek lead with a big cost cutting agenda... again, take all the bullets... Then dump the body and waltz in with some new Savior Plan that will look even better in the wake of the messages Chapek just had to deliver?

fgmnt

I think the negative press is a HUGE part of this. Unless Chapek was busted for some indiscretion, I think it came down to those “the magic is gone” stories.
If he can get his right hand spokesperson back as well I imagine Bob the Elder will be able to convince enough people to not believe what they see with their eyes, something Bob the Lesser could not seem to pull off.

James Alucobond

Maybe Iger was setting Chapek up to be the fall guy?

Annual report prep shows all the doom... They walk Chapek out there to take all the bullets

They let Chapek lead with a big cost cutting agenda... again, take all the bullets... Then dump the body and waltz in with some new Savior Plan that will look even better in the wake of the messages Chapek just had to deliver?
I mean, I wouldn't mind being a dumped body after two years at that level of compensation.

fgmnt

There's no way this just "suddenly" happened this weekend. Iger did not want to come back, there were likely negotiations going on for some time.
I am not saying this to be annoying to you in particular, but there was this completely grotesque profile of Iger over the summer that might have been shared in this thread, and definitely somewhere on this forum, that would lead you to a different conclusion than whatever the man has said himself.

He is completely ego-obsessed and could never let this job go. He HAS to be THE GUY. It is integral to his identity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom