DisneylandForward

TheDisneyParksfanC8

Update on DL forward: Youtuber OrangeGrove55 played a clip from the Disney Dish podcast with Jim Hill where in said podcast Hill said he heard from people within the company that due to the November elections coming up in Anaheim and the attacks ads that would come with them, DL Forward is not moving forward (Pun intended). But Hill is not calling DL forward dead yet. It can very well be revisited in maybe 3-4 years once this all blows over. But Disney can still make the best of the situation in the intern before they revisit DL forward in the future. And that would be reviving the Eastern Gateway. Here is why I say that is because Disney always finds a way. When the Eastern Gateway did not go through they were resourceful and build a parking deck on the former Pinoccino lot. Let's face it. Disneyland resort will have to address the parking problem by building a new parking deck and a revived eastern gateway would fit the bill. They still have more leverage that they ever had due to all the pandemic shut downs and could work with and compromise with the businesses on Harbor to make the eastern gateway without a bridge over harbor. And the best part of this is it would open up the transportation behind DCA thanks to the monorail being able to be rerouted and allow for a Hollywood Land revamp that could be completed in 2028 to open with the olympics in LA.

Phroobar

We keep hearing that 2028 and the LA Olympics are a sort of target date for Disney to get some projects done (infrastructure, possible expansion, etc) but I wonder if 2026 might enter Disney's thinking. SoFi Stadium in Inglewood will be a host for World Cup games. The World Cup is an enormous event and if SoFi is assigned a substantial number of games, we can expect an increase in SoCal visitors. Disney might want to move on some things a bit sooner, assuming Disneyland Forward isn't dead and buried.
Disney stock is too far down and the city council is in chaos. Disney can't do anything right now.

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes
Haven’t seen this anywhere on here yet but have seen on Twitter that the Stitch parking lot is fenced off and is being dug up, disappeared from map on app also.
I thought the Stitch was being renovated, and isn't that lot for Cast Members only?

DCBaker

Premium Member
DisneylandForward informational talk scheduled for April 15 from 9am to 11am. Here's a link to the post on Facebook.

Screen Shot 2023-04-11 at 7.57.47 AM.png

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
There are not likely to be any significant changes since the last time this was presented to the community.
Yeah, they've done this before. Most likely trying to generate more awareness and reach out to more people in the community.

All they are trying to do is garner up community support so that when the day comes for the city to make a decision that Disney would have support from the community.

It's doubtful any new information will come from this that we don't already know.

truecoat

Yeah, they've done this before. Most likely trying to generate more awareness and reach out to more people in the community.

All they are trying to do is garner up community support so that when the day comes for the city to make a decision that Disney would have support from the community.

It's doubtful any new information will come from this that we don't already know.

Yeah, let's ignore that this is the first engagement since they announced it. Nothing to see here.

el_super

Yeah, let's ignore that this is the first engagement since they announced it. Nothing to see here.

It's not the first. They've been touring around city parks in Anaheim for awhile now with their community roadshow.

Also seems important to point out: this isn't anything more than their pitch for evolving the zoning of the resort district. There are no specific plans for any attractions, hotels or theme parks to be built on the property.

el_super

True, but I think it's also fair to say that Disney has little incentive to make specific plans while the zoning issue is up in the air.

That's part of the magic of DisneylandForward: They don't need to have specific plans. They can pitch all their bluesky ideas as possibilities, without having to defend a specific project to the city. Once they get the OK from the city thru Disneyland Forward, they can change their mind and build what they really want.

If I were to guess, they know that the changes they are thinking of right now are probably not very fan-friendly. That's why they are trying to get the blanket approval ahead of announcing anything.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
I'm confused. Are you implying that my statement about them having done this before is false? Just go back one page and there's a post about them doing this last May.

Why is everyone questioning my research abilities today? I need a break from this roadshow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom