News Pacific Wharf to be Reimagined into San Fransokyo

mickEblu

It reeks of late 90s/ early 2000s Eisner. RIP The Living Seas, El Rio De Tempe,
and Country Bears. Anyone ever hear about Tiki Room Under New Management? History repeats itself.

Even the rock was working on a Jungle Cruise overlay which was thankfully canned. We can expect "synergy" if their 2nd haunted mansion movie attempt actually works.

Well let’s make sure none of us go see the Haunted Mansion movie. Oh ya and Hocus Pocus 2 sucked. I was just listening to it the first 15 minutes while my kids watched. It lost me in the first 5 when they immediately try to make us feel bad for the witches because they came from the mean old patriarchal Salem of the 1500’s. They immediately try to get us to feel sorry for the witches who previously sucked the souls out of kids to stay young and beautiful.

RobWDW1971

Well let’s make sure none of us go see the Haunted Mansion movie. Oh ya and Hocus Pocus 2 sucked. I was just listening to it the first 15 minutes while my kids watched. It lost me in the first 5 when they immediately try to make us feel bad for the witches because they came from the mean old patriarchal Salem of the 1500’s. They immediately try to get us to feel sorry for the witches who previously sucked the souls out of kids to stay young and beautiful.
#soulsuckingwitcheslivesmatter

J4546

Wasted opportunity to make a better BH6 land with a fun ride.
I dont know if BH6 IP could/should have an entire land dedicated to it, I could see it being put in TL like they did in Tokyo though.
A lot of my overall judgement of this mild retheme rests on how the bridge will look when done. I wont judge till I see for myself, but I do like the chinese lanterns/chinatown vibe of the new theme. Just dont get rid of bread and chocolate please

J4546

Except it's Japanese. Set in a Japanese hybrid version of San Francisco called San Fransokyo.

Because apparently the Chinese never existed in San Francisco. What railroad? What gold rush? 🤔
oops i meant japanese

Last edited by a moderator:

Phroobar

Maybe they will add a pachinko parlor since this is Japan.
Maybe Disney will add a capsule hotel to San Fransokyo for only $500 per night.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Except it's Japanese. Set in a Japanese hybrid version of San Francisco called San Fransokyo.

Because apparently the Chinese never existed in San Francisco. What railroad? What gold rush? 🤔
Or, and follow along with me here, its a movie universe that doesn't follow the same history as our real universe.

Last edited by a moderator:

TP2000

Why would you have to have "eagle-eyes" to notice a drained lagoon? It's going to be fairly obvious to anyone within 50 feet of the thing.

Also, isn't the fake weirdo bridge the only real "construction" that will be going into this retheme? The rest of this concept seems to consist of a large order of Japanese lanterns from Cost Plus World Market and some strings of red lights.

What am I missing with this Baymax overlay to this food court? I don't have eagle-eyes any more, I wear reading glasses routinely now, so maybe I'm missing something?

Rich T

Maybe now they’ll FINALLY consider other brilliant IP rethemes the public’s been “clamoring” for, and convert Grizzly River into Home On The Range and Golden Zephyr into Chicken Little.

PiratesMansion

Universal: building a park in Texas.
Disney: despite promises to make things better, continues with entirely unnecessary makeover for $$$ cost and ??? benefit.

J4546

Universal: building a park in Texas.
Disney: despite promises to make things better, continues with entirely unnecessary makeover for $$$ cost and ??? benefit.
Well there's also the new toontown with mmrr about to open in DL, and the upcoming avengers e ticket which will probably be pretty awesome...hopefully. I feel like both resorts are getting substantial progress for the better

SpaceMountain77

Maybe now they’ll FINALLY consider other brilliant IP rethemes the public’s been “clamoring” for, and convert Grizzly River into Home On The Range and Golden Zephyr into Chicken Little.

When Buena Vista Street opened, I was thrilled with the cohesion and storytelling direction of the park. Now, instead of attraction overlays, it is entire lands, which, to me, seems unnecessary.

I think it is now just a matter of time until Grizzly Peak and Hollywood Land become Bears and Monstropolis, respectively. Paradise Gardens is a mystery to me.

J4546

When Buena Vista Street opened, I was thrilled with the cohesion and storytelling direction of the park. Now, instead of attraction overlays, it is entire lands, which, to me, seems unnecessary.

I think it is now just a matter of time until Grizzly Peak and Hollywood Land become Bears and Monstropolis, respectively. Paradise Gardens is a mystery to me.
If hollywood land was expanded and they went with a massive monstropolis themed area....I wouldn't hate that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom