Where can I go for positive news?

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
If you truly want to know the quality of service and attention to detail you USED to receive as a Disney or Disney Resort guest, look at DCL.

JusticeDisney

Change is inevitable. Positive change while maintaining your previous standards and levels of quality is often welcome and appreciated.

If you’re going to die on the hill that the change brought about by Bob has improved the overall Disney experience, you’re only fooling yourself.
Well, first of all, I have been very clear that while I like some of the changes, I very much dislike others. That said, I choose to focus on the positive parts of WDW which my family and I still really enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Br0ckford

Happy Keep Your Head Up GIF by JCPenney

The Colonel

Although I obviously love Disney as I have spent most of my vacation time there and have dropped a good deal of disposable income there, I hate the current management. And when the negativity hits a tipping point, perhaps changes will be made. That is what I hope for at any rate. So the more negativity, the better.

BuddyThomas

No, I'm not just trolling. I'm trying to find positivity everywhere as much as possible. The comments section is actually where a lot of the negativity comes from it. I don't always read the news themselves, but I do catch glimpses of the reactions to the news.
I hear you. So many negative threads on here. They freak out for pages and pages if a light bulb is out. And don’t even look at the Disney movie threads where people are trashing the movies before they have even been released.

Imhere

So you want to be lied to - got it.

It's very IN to be negative about all things Disney.

I have been going to WDW since 1971. My wife and kids and I have gone for at least a week a year since 1999.

Our last trip was last June, we got 3 rooms at CSR.

We stayed in a totally updated room, it looked brand new. Large new smart TV with themed music playing.

We rode rides we have never seen before.

We rode a new transportation system, Skyliner.

We ate in restaurants we loved that we've never been to before, and many of them were new.

Every single CM we ran into was happy and helpful.

It was one of our best trips ever. I have to admit, though, I say the same after every trip.

Now, you tell me, who exactly, is lying to me?

JusticeDisney

It's very IN to be negative about all things Disney.

I have been going to WDW since 1971. My wife and kids and I have gone for at least a week a year since 1999.

Our last trip was last June, we got 3 rooms at CSR.

We stayed in a totally updated room, it looked brand new. Large new smart TV with themed music playing.

We rode rides we have never seen before.

We rode a new transportation system, Skyliner.

We ate in restaurants we loved that we've never been to before, and many of them were new.

Every single CM we ran into was happy and helpful.

It was one of our best trips ever. I have to admit, though, I say the same after every trip.

Now, you tell me, who exactly, is lying to me?
Don’t even bother with the whiners. The only thing that exceeds their level of whining and complaining is the anger that they feel over the fact that they are in the vast minority and that millions of people visit WDW every year and have the times of their lives.

So glad to hear that you and your family have been having so much fun! Hope your next trip is even better than the last!

Imhere

It’s “in” because they aren’t providing as much value for increasing fees.

It’s really just that simple. The consumers don’t want to fight it…but that isn’t the same as it being “imagined”. It’s very real.

People have different definitions of 'value."

I'm just saying the negativity here is more than a tad over the top.

Seeing pages and pages of crying emojis over a 20 year old billboard being removed is just one example of the slathering negativity.

People pile on over the smallest things, I know, I know, smallest is in the eye of the beholder, but, it seems like the negativity has turned into a competition.

It seems for every thing I see that maybe has deteriorated the value, I find something else that has been added that makes up for it, TO ME.

Many here seem incapable of coping with change, and, ANY change is a Chapek money grab.

Honestly, the only thing I have a problem with right now is the Housekeeping situation. If they can't offer housekeeping, that's fine, but, why can everyone else provide housekeeping in their properties? How can a service with a significant cost be suspended with no adjustment of cost to the consumer. It's a conundrum wrapped in a riddle.

I also bet a lot of posters here vacation only at Disney. They don't know the inflation of costs at other vacation destinations. Price is up 20% for a Disney ticket? Check out the price of a rental house at Hilton Head. Check out the price of renting a condo in Tahoe. Darn, can't blame those on Chapek.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Look, the OP asked about where to get positive news.

How you feel about the state of the company isn’t really pertinent.

All I’m saying is the general negativity on this board is over the top and constant.
I don't think any news articles on WDWMAGIC.COM are negative, I always attempt to just keep with the facts.

Discussion on the forum is different, but that is user generated content and that tends to follow the current feelings towards the company any given time.

mightynine

It seems for every thing I see that maybe has deteriorated the value, I find something else that has been added that makes up for it, TO ME.
Great. When I mention something that I feel is taking away from the value/experience, that’s how it feels TO ME.

So, people can have opinions? On a message board? What a concept.

Chi84

Premium Member
Please take a minute to reread the original post. The OP is well aware of all the negative comments and asked if posters here could suggest sites that are more positive in outlook.

It would be nice if these threads could stay more on-topic. Several previous posters made what appear to be useful suggestions.

Obviously, if you believe there is nothing positive about WDW you are entitled to your opinion. But it does not seem productive to post that stuff in a thread where the OP is aware of all the negative things being said and is asking for the opposite. People should be able to post threads devoted to specific topics without having them turn into negative mud-slinging competitions.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom