Hurricane Ian expected to impact Florida (updates and related discussions)

JohnD

Boma open for breakfast and dinner. First come, first served. However I have breakfast and dinner ADRs for Friday which they say they will honor. Jiko is closed. Sanaa for me is a non starter but may be an option for guests over there, if open.

Mara food court is busy. Takes mobile orders as usual. You can find menu in MDE.

Speaking of Mara, you can pick up frozen items from gift shop which they tell me you can bring down and microwave (or have microwaved for you). The usual adult beverages are also available.

View attachment 669789
View attachment 669790
View attachment 669791
Pumba's Fun and Games is open. I think I'll be spending lots of time playing Centipede.
A9A0B3C3-FB8F-4295-8DA9-88CE05B3C208.jpeg

41E10EF0-0B76-43D8-A085-9E5DADC06058.jpeg

D2C622A5-091D-45D3-A9C3-AD377E7A320D.jpeg

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Boma open for breakfast and dinner. First come, first served. However I have breakfast and dinner ADRs for Friday which they say they will honor. Jiko is closed. Sanaa for me is a non starter but may be an option for guests over there, if open.

Mara food court is busy. Takes mobile orders as usual. You can find menu in MDE.

Speaking of Mara, you can pick up frozen items from gift shop which they tell me you can bring down and microwave (or have microwaved for you). The usual adult beverages are also available.

View attachment 669789
View attachment 669790
View attachment 669791
Thanks for the pics. Are they doing food boxes at AKL?

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Yesterday, my state announced they were sending first responders to Florida, which I believe included a search and rescue team. I imagine other states are doing the same. One thing states seems to do well nowadays is help each other out in these times of need.

JohnD

Thanks for the pics. Are they doing food boxes at AKL?
I asked a CM at the bar about food boxes and she launched into the info about Boma first come first served and Mara open 6am to midnight. The only access, however, is from an outside covered walkway. If wind and rain is very strong and blows toward the walkway they may have another plan. I guess that will be announced if it comes to it.

The lounge which normally serves a limited menu 5 to 10 is not doing food.

Last edited:

LSLS

I don't want to LOL but this is such a classic text from my in laws... of course they would think it is past when it isn't, lol! Oh boy. Well, I'm hoping they stay safe and get better at watching the news.
They could mean the eye has gone north of them (not that it hit landfall), so they are out of the danger of the strongest winds hitting them (depending on where they are in Naples). But yeah, I'd suspect the winds will still pickup some for them, and power could be a bigger issue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom